Man Utds next manager?

<23> hardest at home games ?

Yeah, he was a proper tough guy at OT. No recollection of him trying to do his hard man act away from home.

A faux hard man in the realest sense. At his most combative when he had “nails” Neville or Beckham to hold him back.

For reference, genuinely hard footballers include Mick Hartford, Tony Coton, Billy Bonds, Tommy Smith (spits on floor) and Duncan Ferguson.

Ever see Keane stand up to big Dunc? No, you didn’t.

Yeah, he was a proper tough guy at OT. No recollection of him trying to do his hard man act away from home.

A faux hard man in the realest sense. At his most combative when he had “nails” Neville or Beckham to hold him back.
Highbury

I was waiting for that. What did he do? Shout and point a bit. Yes, that’s not being a hard man.
you obviously have a bias opinion against him, for some unknown reason, because iirc, you don't follow a club that's worth a fuck.

you obviously have a bias opinion against him, for some unknown reason, because iirc, you don't follow a club that's worth a fuck.

I follow a club that’s won nothing since 1980. Doesn’t mean I don’t know an overhyped bully when I see one. Steve Bruce was harder than Keane, as was Schmeichel, but they didn’t base their entire career around a contrived image like he did.

Sorry son, he’s been debunked as a poor manager, and history will show he was a competitive, limited footballer, with above average fitness and a below average temperament. He wasn’t a properly hard footballer, just a bad-tempered bully.

Yeah, what Pogba really needs is a bad-tempered bully who was always at his “hardest” at home games to tell him to play better :)
He'd keep Matic and can Pogba if he keeps messing up. This team doesn't need Pogba, he's not a leader, not ready. Keane would do what others wouldn't.

I follow a club that’s won nothing since 1980. Doesn’t mean I don’t know an overhyped bully when I see one. Steve Bruce was harder than Keane, as was Schmeichel, but they didn’t base their entire career around a contrived image like he did.

Sorry son, he’s been debunked as a poor manager, and history will show he was a competitive, limited footballer, with above average fitness and a below average temperament. He wasn’t a properly hard footballer, just a bad-tempered bully.
educated yourself ffs, its a well known fact Keane kicked Schmeichel arse, as for him being a limited footballer, ffs, you must be trolling,

educated yourself ffs, its a well known fact Keane kicked Schmeichel arse, as for him being a limited footballer, ffs, you must be trolling,

“Best Midfielder in Europe” :) he wasn’t even the best at his club when that bullshit was being spouted by the manc cocksucking press.

He'd keep Matic and can Pogba if he keeps messing up. This team doesn't need Pogba, he's not a leader, not ready. Keane would do what others wouldn't.

Yes, he’d alienate half the squad and be incredibly divisive. He was a good, not great, footballer, and a wildly overrated “leader”.

Blanc is probably the best name in the hat at the moment for the job.

Yes, he’d alienate half the squad and be incredibly divisive. He was a good, not great, footballer, and a wildly overrated “leader”.

Blanc is probably the best name in the hat at the moment for the job.

He gained a lot of respect from his teammates during the Arsenal rivalry years. Players and fans remember this more than his fallouts.

From a character standpoint a struggling young team that has talent needs a firm leader. Not a guy who coddles you when you stink up the joint...time after time. Getting rid of Pogba is what Manu needs, even though he was great elsewhere.

Two things the club has put emphasis on since Alex are defense and passing. Pogba struggles with both. No one else would can him and get them to play team ball again.

He gained a lot of respect from his teammates during the Arsenal rivalry years. Players and fans remember this more than his fallouts.

From a character standpoint a struggling young team that has talent needs a firm leader. Not a guy who coddles you when you stink up the joint...time after time. Getting rid of Pogba is what Manu needs, even though he was great elsewhere.

Two things the club has put emphasis on since Alex are defense and passing. Pogba struggles with both. No one else would can him and get them to play team ball again.

Fair points re: Pogba’s limitations, but there’s a core of a player there that can help you win world cups. He’s got everything you need from a modern CM, he just needs someone to stroke his ego and make it all about him.

Man U clearly need to change their priorities and remember what it was that won them titles. Ambitious, effective forward play. Been a while since they focussed on that.

Pogba surprised me when he become the true leader of the national team during the WC. As a frenchman, i follow the national team and, like you, i did not think he had that true leader mentality in him.
I was wrong, he truly was their leader and they won the WC (having the other guys helped also).
So...he may also become that guy for UNITED. The main difference to me is that Pogba needs to be managed by a guy who is not a total control freak like Mou is but by a guy like Deschamps. Serious guy but able to discuss with his star.

Pogba surprised me when he become the true leader of the national team during the WC. As a frenchman, i follow the national team and, like you, i did not think he had that true leader mentality in him.
I was wrong, he truly was their leader and they won the WC (having the other guys helped also).
So...he may also become that guy for UNITED. The main difference to me is that Pogba needs to be managed by a guy who is not a total control freak like Mou is but by a guy like Deschamps. Serious guy but able to discuss with his star.

Didi had a badass squad and a great counter attack gameplan considering how they used Kante to get breaks and Mbappe to run them. Pogba's job was to screen high mobility players like Fellaini and to run on the break. He had set roles.

With Manu he's the key. The whole team is built around him and as the high-profile center midfielder he's the guy they expect to make plays and defend. Make big plays on both ends. He's known for big plays, but not when in a leadership position. He's a poor decision maker and often immature.

Manu, at least in the past, gave the boot to such players unless they could deliver like Cantona and even Keane, although both got hammered at times and were close to getting canned.

U re the expert, i dont follow UNITED and so u re probably right. Yet i insist on the fact that the guy appeared to everybody as the lockeroom boss during the WC and it was both important cause the team was young and genuine. There might be some hope there cause frankly i would have said the same thing that u said before the WC.

Back