Man Utds next manager?

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think this topic deserves its own thread.

Man Utd have become a bit of a circus over the last few days, years? With Mourinho getting sacked, who do you think they should sign?

It looks like Solkjaer (sp?) will be taking over as interim manager until the end of the season. After that, they will (presumably?) hire a new permanent manager.

If I were the Man Utd chairman, I'd try and get Poch. But Poch is happy at Spurs and is building a bit of a legacy there with the new stadium, also Daniel Levy won't just let him leave.

Zidane has been touted as a replacement, he has the name and will be respected by any dressing room, but his English is not that good and he has limited managerial experience.

Eddie Howe is a good English manager, but he lacks the gravitas needed to take over Man Utd. There are a lot of egos in that dressing room.

It's an interesting conundrum, thoughts?

No one cares about that small team

COYS

My buddy thinks that they should take a punt on Gareth Southgate in two years if the next guy fails.

Bring back Zlatan and let him coach

Bring back Zlatan and let him coach

He would be drop-kicking fools in practice, and then, in the middle of the game, tear off his blazer, throw on a jersey, and sub himself in.

But seriously, I’m no fan of United, but they have a number of talented and relatively young players that deserve better than being berated by the likes of grouchy out-of-touch diva like Mourinho. I think someone like Zidane could get on their level and bring out the best in them.

They need better players. I doubt the next coach will do that much better than <FutbolThink>.

They need better players. I doubt the next coach will do that much better than <FutbolThink>.

How much better can they get? Euro Top Flight has no salary cap, no parity laws. They have Lukaku, Pogba, Lingard, Sanchez, Rashford, Martial, Matic, Fellaini.

TS afraid to post in the soccer thread since he made a fool of himself before the world cup still smh

It has to be a big name. Either a former player (which I hope they don't do) or someone like a Zidane. Zidane apparently as already said he doesn't want the job, but that's usually code for "give me more money"

David Moyes wasn't the right choice and also a bit set up to fail. Sir Alex basically bult a squad for one final push without much for the future. My issue with Moyes was, he did better than expected with Everton with little money, but really no consequences either. At United, there are consequences for poor results and he suddenly had money to spend and both didn't know what to do with it or have the clout to get the players he really needed...

Man Utd play schoolyard ball in a professional league. Zidane's tactics at Madrid were "get the ball to Ronaldo"
He's about as tactically talented as the linesman that won him those 3 champions leagues.

What is Claudio Rainieri doing right now? He led a Leicester team to victory, a team with no name players.

It should be Blanc, plain and simple

Roy Keane is the guy to get those lads in order. Was already a leader when Ferg was in charge. Neville would be a solid choice, but that team needs toughness. Neville's too eager to compromise.

Roy Keane is the guy to get those lads in order. Was already a leader when Ferg was in charge. Neville would be a solid choice, but that team needs toughness. Neville's too eager to compromise.

Yeah, what Pogba really needs is a bad-tempered bully who was always at his “hardest” at home games to tell him to play better :)

Back