Man sues airline for sitting him next to obese passenger

Fat people are fucking disgusting...srs

I wouldn't want to sit next to some obese sack of shit either.

Far People smell and push on me in my own seat space. Fuck that. Fuuuuuuck that.

I wish they some seat space by weight with luggage. I could pay for 250lb and carry on a 45-50lb bag.

I seriously hat fat fucks. It's fuxking disgusting, have some respect for yourselves. I'd be god damned kissed too if I had to sit next to a sub line that for a long flight too.

Maybe the cost should just be directly proportional to your weight? With added penalties for breaking certain circumference/radius boundaries + the obvious starters price.

it makes sense as you are required to pay a premium for extra/over-sized baggage. i can't see why they can't have extra/over-sized seating. seems like a win-win.

Yeah, make us pay more for an oversized bag??? What about those fat ducks that have massively overused bodies.

Those disgusting fucks should pay for their nastiness...in fact I wish there was a fat fuck only section impose a so I wouldn't have to smell those pieces of shit.

It is funny because they are Fat,

I my self is a FAT person and have kinda defended FAT rights until the day I bump into ma Fatter than me and almost crushed me to suffocation at a jam pack Public Transport in a 4th World country.

What the fuck is Fat Rights, dude?

A really sad trend. Dances with Fat (link) is a "size diversity activist" who is really painful to read sometimes. Apparently she's turning speaking out about fat rights into a career. :icon_neut

If she continuously dances and works out over time, she might lose some weight and then her activist "career" will turn into a Jenny Craig story.

Should make fatties pay for two seats, along with bodybuilders and people above 200 lbs.

I don't see why I should have to subsidize the travel of anyone bigger mid quartile weight range.

I see no reason why I should have to pay for two seats just because I'm a tad over 200lbs. I manage to fit into one seat just fine. Even with 20lbs less of lean muscle, I'd still have my presently very wide shoulders.

You account for more fuel consumption, so a little more pay would be fair. Not 2 seats though.

How much more should I have to pay if I weigh between 205-210lbs?

No clue, m8. Depends mostly on the flight and the plane itself. All in all probably nothing really significant, unless you're circling the globe over and over again for shits and giggles.

I feel like a dick when I fly, I'm not obese, but I'm 6'4" and I have lifted for most of my life, so I'm a big mofo and who ever is sitting next to me is going to have some issues. Nothing I can do about it, my shoulders are too wide for the little seats so I invade other people's space when on a plane. Feel bad about it, always offer to buy the person sitting next to me a drink.

If you can't fit in the space provided then you should have to pay for the extra that you use up. Exactly the same as paying for excess luggage over the weight limit.

I don't think a penalty for being tall is fair (I'm not tall, or short).

1. It's not something you control

2. More importantly, it doesn't spill out to the sides, where you really start bothering people. The problem with discomfort they face is mostly their own. Cramped legs and headspace. They don't need the seat or two next to them

I see no reason why I should have to pay for two seats just because I'm a tad over 200lbs. I manage to fit into one seat just fine. Even with 20lbs less of lean muscle, I'd still have my presently very wide shoulders.

You're the guy I'm always fighting with over the elbow rests! :mad:

There are two factors in play here. One is the encroachment of personal space and the second is fairness of the light subsidizing for the heavy. People are making both arguments and both are equally ridiculous IMO. I picked the 200 lbs figure because that's roughly either the mean or median plus a quartile for the American male.

It's less fair to a 110 lbs woman that a 220 lbs man pays the same price as her than the 220 pounder complaining about a 300 pounder.

Tall/broad people also do the knee spread thing and have a hard time with elbows in coach (depending on build). I end up elbow and knee touching tall people just as much as a fat people.

I'm Ippy's weight and I always give the elbow rests to my neighbors. I don't spill over any into others' space and keep my legs to myself.

The FAA is going to have to rethink weight for general aviation.

The FAA standard person is heavier than the used to be. The Cessna 172 (most common plane in general aviation) has four seats. People often don't fill up the fuel tank due to gross weight being above maximum takeoff weight. If you fill it up all the way (53 gallons) it leaves you 600 pounds that you can put in the plane.

You have four seats but can only put four people in the plane that average 150 pounds. I think the average man was 145 in WW2. You don't get to load your 20 pounds of luggage if you have four 150 pound people. Some people permanently remove the rear seat because they don't enough light weight friends to even seat three people in the plane.

Baggage weight is important in aviation and is the reason they weight the bags and the FAA uses some standard weight and hopes it averages out. I wonder how close we are getting to airliners being over max safe takeoff weight when all the seats are filled.

People who are over 200-lbs will just cut weight. Will the airlines ban iv rehydration?

It's against FFA recommendations to put four 200 pound people in a four seat Cessna if it has a full tank of gas. It puts you 200 pounds over safe take off weight. :)

The airlines don't make these rules, the FFA does during years of certification testing when a new plane comes out. You even have to log a change in the airplane if you take a seat out with a new center of gravity and weight. If the airlines don't allow IV's it is the FFA's doing.

I'm disappointed in the 'Berry atm. Not one Shane Carwin height cutting joke....
It's less fair to a 110 lbs woman that a 220 lbs man pays the same price as her than the 220 pounder complaining about a 300 pounder.

I disagree.

If the 110lb woman and the 220lb man are at their natural weights, but the 300lber is a typical fatty(as a healthcare worker, I have no love for them), then it's not less fair to a 110lb woman paying the same as a 220lb man. The 220lb man has no control over his weight. He didn't get to his weight due to poor lifestyle choices. He is at his weight due to his natural build. Using myself as an example, the best I could achieve, while still remaining healthy, would be 180lbs if I lost lean muscle and some fat.

Very very few 300lb people are at that weight irrespective of lifestyle. That 300lber got to that mass and volume due to their own choices. They have control over their build. They should pay more.

If the 300lber just has a ridiculous height and build, and all three are at their natural weights, then no one has a right to complain. Offsetting fuel costs be damned. Penalizing people thru fees for their natural body habitus is bullshit.

Edit: If it's an actual safety issue, then I take that back....

I'm disappointed in the 'Berry atm. Not one Shane Carwin height cutting joke....

I disagree.

If the 110lb woman and the 220lb man are at their natural weights, but the 300lber is a typical fatty(as a healthcare worker, I have no love for them), then it's not less fair to a 110lb woman paying the same as a 220lb man. The 220lb man has no control over his weight. He didn't get to his weight due to poor lifestyle choices. He is at his weight due to his natural build. Using myself as an example, the best I could achieve, while still remaining healthy, would be 180lbs, if I lost lean muscle and some fat.

Very very few 300lb people are at that weight irrespective of lifestyle. That 300lber got to that mass and volume due to their own choices. They have control over their build. They should pay more.

If the 300lber just has a ridiculous height and build, and all three are at their natural weights, then no one has a right to complain. Offsetting fuel costs be damned. Penalizing people thru fees for their natural body habitus is bullshit.

Natural? What about any athlete who has to consume more calories to maintain body mass? Anyone who is consuming any form of supplement to do this, Muscle Milk, protein shakes, etc, is maintaining something about "natural" body mass.

Then we get into what a normal, natural body mass is. Old people go pear shaped. This is normal and natural. Are you suggesting we should senior citizens more money for airplane tickets?

Back