Man sues airline for sitting him next to obese passenger

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Article here (link).

James Andres Bassos said that during an Etihad Airways flight from Sydney to Dubai, he was forced to contort his body for long periods because of the “grossly overweight” person in the next seat.

He told a court in Brisbane, Australia, that the man was spilling into his seat, coughing frequently and had fluid coming from his mouth, according to a report by the Australian Associated Press.

Bassos alleges that the flight gave him a back injury and exacerbated a pre-existing back condition and is seeking damages for personal injuries.

fat-airline_2107136b.jpg

This pic is not a picture of the incident. It's just a random pic of some super fat guy on plane.

Last edited:
Every fat out of shape person has a "back" injury now.

Looks like plenty of space for someone who is not super fat.

I call shenanigans.

I bet the fat dude has a traumatic BO too. Life long therapy is gonna be costly for that alone.

Looks like plenty of space for someone who is not super fat.

I call shenanigans.

I edited the OP to explain the pic is not a pic of the people involved in this incident. It's just a random pic of airline fatness.

1. Ridiculously obese people will complain about discrimination

2. Giant obese people should all be seated next to each other from now on, then we'll see if they see it differently

It is funny because they are Fat,

I my self is a FAT person and have kinda defended FAT rights until the day I bump into ma Fatter than me and almost crushed me to suffocation at a jam pack Public Transport in a 4th World country.

He should get a hefty sum of money.

2. Giant obese people should all be seated next to each other from now on, then we'll see if they see it differently

But not all on one side of the plane. I've seen enough cartoons and movies to know that that's a guaranteed recipe for disaster.

But not all on one side of the plane. I've seen enough cartoons and movies to know that that's a guaranteed recipe for disaster.

Yeah you gotta weigh them and distribute them to account for front, back and each side.

Plus, it'll probably pose a less danger if you put them in the cargo hold with the luggage

I thought they force fat people to buy two seats now.

Yeah you gotta weigh them and distribute them to account for front, back and each side.

Plus, it'll probably pose a less danger if you put them in the cargo hold with the luggage

They could cause a Tsunami if it Crashed in the Oceans

The guy in that picture don't look real to me.

Must be too much fat in mah eyes.

Fat people should make and pilot their own planes

I do actually feel bad for him having to contort his body in an awkward way for the duration of the flight. If you're paying good money for a seat on a plane, you should be able to fly in comfort and not have to be sore after the flight. I'm no law expert, so I don't know how much of a case he has against the airline company. There should also be seats on the plane that accommodate larger individuals, because it really isn't fair to expect other passengers to have to sacrifice their comfort when they're paying good money to fly.

I thought they force fat people to buy two seats now.

That seems like the easiest way to solve the problem. Don't like it then don't be fucking enormous.

looks like a safety hazard people cant go down the aisle

Back