Malignaggi is going to effortlessly destroy Lobov. Laughable that mma fans are giving Artem a chance

It doesn’t matter if Pauli breaks both hands within the first minute. He will still easily jab Lobov’s face to a decision if that’s the case.

I expect a hilarious TKO/KO within 2 rounds, with Lobov leaving MMA fans salty as hell.
People really hyping Lobov’s bareknuckle boxing because he went to decision with a fellow UFC reject.

This is a former world champion boxer he’s facing now. Not only that, Pauli believes this fight could set him up with a payday vs Conor... you really think he’s gonna come out of shape for this? I wouldn’t be surprised if Lobov doesn’t land one clean punch.
{<jordan}
That aged well

It doesn’t matter if Pauli breaks both hands within the first minute. He will still easily jab Lobov’s face to a decision if that’s the case.

I expect a hilarious TKO/KO within 2 rounds, with Lobov leaving MMA fans salty as hell.
People really hyping Lobov’s bareknuckle boxing because he went to decision with a fellow UFC reject.

This is a former world champion boxer he’s facing now. Not only that, Pauli believes this fight could set him up with a payday vs Conor... you really think he’s gonna come out of shape for this? I wouldn’t be surprised if Lobov doesn’t land one clean punch.
{<jordan}

vvvccc-gif.604375

I was rooting for Paulie and thought he'd wreck Lobov but he lost and is making excuses like a bitch

Paulie is a tough cat that wouldn't quit and he would jab all day with broken hands. But it's not going to have any stopping ability. They'd be basically range finders with how much punishment Artem can take. Artem absolutely can win, but any victory he has will be rooted in luck, not by being "better" at anything.

But he wasn't better at anything. He was certainly more aggressive, but he was hit more, cut up and bleedin everywhere. Paulie looked just generally uncomfortable, but was keeping himself safe during some bull charges which won Artem the judges interest.

I think he DID easily beat him.

Rough decision.

First time me and Conor fans are on the same page. They haven't had anything since the 6th October. Relish in it cunts.

{<jordan}
tenor.gif

But he wasn't better at anything. He was certainly more aggressive, but he was hit more, cut up and bleedin everywhere. Paulie looked just generally uncomfortable, but was keeping himself safe during some bull charges which won Artem the judges interest.
Artem definitely didn't win due to 'luck' like you said though. He was ACTUALLY the better fighter, but that isn't really saying much since Paulie looked terrible.

Damn and this thread is why i read Sherdog bros, fucking GLORIOUS.

it was right there for paulie as artem was very poor, but paulie ran all night and in later rounds threw nothing. close fight and 5th round and paulie doesn't throw one punch. not one. What a dope.

@GrayArea you my manz but there is crow outchea for you to eat

The forum will respect you more if you get to it

Artem definitely didn't win due to 'luck' like you said though. He was ACTUALLY the better fighter, but that isn't really saying much since Paulie looked terrible.
I don't think of anything as a "fluke," because it takes away from what one guy did (see things like Chris checking just right to break Anderson's leg). But the fact of the matter is, in a chaotic event, you're not working with precision tools, so to say that the punch you aimed at a guys face was perfectly designed for breaking the guys nose, and not just aiming at any hittable spot on his head is a little disingenuous. if you had landed half an inch one way or the other, you maybe give him a shiner, and if you ran the same fight or even the same punch 1000 times, maybe it only breaks the nose once. But a fighter with a broken nose loses a shitload of concentration, sight, and gas tank, and their power is sapped cuz of it for the rest of the fight. Certainly not a fluke cuz you are the one who hit him there and maybe you land more times than you miss, but it's pretty fortunate that it's where it landed. Is that a reasonable approach?

So not to take anything away from Lobov, but it's pretty fortunate that Paulie's hand broke. Of course, it could be the motions and movement Artem employed, or maybe he purposefully ducked his head, but if one were to say Artem aimed for and specifically broke Paulie's hand when he wanted, well that would be disingenuous. I also think another fault of Paulies, which is again, totally on him and his own faults shouldnt take away from Artem's victory, but he was tripping on himself all night. A major part of it could be chalked up to his being nervous and stepping poorly, but any time Artem's force made Paulie restep, he had to step multiple times to get himself back, which makes him look much more affected than he was. Both of those things made Paulie look relatively terrible.

When it came to the scorecards, I dont think it was a robbery. Aggressors winning close fights are as old as combat history. But better fighters losing fights is just as old. Judging by the quality of their exchanges, Paulie seemed to be pretty clearly the better guy. Artem pressed the quantity of exchanges though, so he won the fight. And Paulie did look pretty bad there.

*edit*

I think my thoughts are pretty summed up in the "paulie got robbed" thread
Paulie looked like shite. Was tripping over his shoes the whole fight and the broken hand cutting down his output didn't do him any favors. Sure, technically speaking, I don't feel like there's any argument that Paulie wasn't clearly better, but he didn't do it to enough of a degree to cement his lead, so it's really not surprising as a fan of notoriously poorly judged combat sports to see the aggressor winning. It was much closer than it should have been, which made Paulie the loser in the public eye no matter who got the nod, but you kinda figured by how the fight played out that he wasn't going to get the decision, unless BKFC went slight corruption in the hopes of securing Paulie - Conor

Back