Malignaggi is going to effortlessly destroy Lobov. Laughable that mma fans are giving Artem a chance

Sherdog is incredibly dumb sometimes. You realize boxers know how to use the clinch? You realize there are no knees allowed? Artem has no advantage anywhere, including the clinch.
boxers don't fight from the clinch they rush in with a punch then grab around the waist. Then the ref stops the action and resets them

haha just look at the replies in this thread. Every post is a meme phrase basically.

Literally not one sincere post. As it should be.

Remind me, will they still be wearing some fancy Florida Commission approved gloves for this scrap?

I hope Artem kills this fool.

Boxing is so overrated is not even funny anymore. "History", "Respect".. fuck that shit and that shitty sports. They only have a few top guys.. the rest are journeyman.

Artem was a jobber in MMA and Paula was a boxing champion. If Lobov somehow puts a fight it would expose boxing as the farce it has become.

Sherdog is incredibly dumb sometimes. You realize boxers know how to use the clinch? You realize there are no knees allowed? Artem has no advantage anywhere, including the clinch.

boxers don't use the thai clinch or know how to defend against it. in bkb the ref won't step in to save Paulie when his chin is smashed into his own chest getting ragdolled around the ring.

I'm not sure I follow what's going on here....

Is this one of those "give Erick Silva a chance, he's only 17 years old!" kind of things where everyone is just being suuuuuper sarcastic, or are people really arguing about this matchup?

Not so much a fan of bareknucle sport wise, but I hope fight is clean, fair, stylistic and technical, goes a few rounds and that Paulie wins.

Then put on Conor vs Pauli Boxing Rules.......... its a must! ;)

Now wait for it............. just imagine the press conference tours hahaha <Lmaoo>

I am rooting for artem ONLY if Paulie can’t fight Conor if he wins.

Because if Paulie gets redemption at conor... oh man would it be epic.

The press conference and trash talking would be bigger than any Conor opponent prior.

On paper Paulie should destroy him

but Paulie is old with hand problems in the past and he's fighting someone with a granite chin in BAREKNUCKLE boxing

It doesn’t matter if Pauli breaks both hands within the first minute. He will still easily jab Lobov’s face to a decision if that’s the case.

I expect a hilarious TKO/KO within 2 rounds, with Lobov leaving MMA fans salty as hell.
People really hyping Lobov’s bareknuckle boxing because he went to decision with a fellow UFC reject.

This is a former world champion boxer he’s facing now. Not only that, Pauli believes this fight could set him up with a payday vs Conor... you really think he’s gonna come out of shape for this? I wouldn’t be surprised if Lobov doesn’t land one clean punch.
{<jordan}
This is old washed up Pauline lol prime Pauline would have murdered Artem, now he has CTE, is retarded, has brittle hands and an emotional prick. How could it setup a fight with Conor? lol Conor wont be fighting in bare knuckle and Paulie doesnt have the balls to fight MMA
{<jordan}

MMA fans are stupid.
Most MMA fans are just too simple to understand and respect boxing.
Paulie by whatever he wants, though I’m rooting for Lobov.
I think most MMA fans enjoy boxing. It is the weirdo boxing fans that sport rat stashes, cheap gold necklaces and wear all black clothing 24/7/365, like some bum goth teens, that turned it in to some rivalry and shit on MMA. I'm pretty sure every MMA fan over 30 grew up with boxing and then transitioned in to MMA.

Fightings different when you’re not wearing pillows. Look at the right hand chuck KOd overeem with.

Alistair uses a boxing shell defense. In kickboxing he just turtled up and used the pillows on his fists as a shell. It won him a world championship.

Chucks right hand with mma gloves just snuck through an opening that pillows would have blocked and knocked him out. Mediocre mma strikers like Travis Browne have done the same thing. Overeem wins world titles with pillows but gets KOd every other fight with mma gloves.

Stuff like that could easily mess with a boxer used to different combat rules.

I remember people saying the same shit about McGregor vs Mayweather, and he sure as hell lasted.

I think Paulie should be favored and will probably win, but you are crazy to say Artem has ZERO chance.

I'd say this is 60/40.

This is a circus match for bare knuckle boxing. When I pick Artem to win, it’s because I’m not actually invested in the fight nor am I actually going to watch it. I pick Artem to win because him winning would be the most hilarious and amusing result. In the end I will most likely just catch a gif of the finish if there is one or read the headlines saying the results.
Weird you’d spend time discussing the fight then act like it’s not worth actually watching the fight.

If this goes to a decision it will be an embarrassment for boxing.

This fight is fucking hilarious.

Look how many people are super emotionally invested in it.
The fact Paulie took this fight at all just blows my fucking mind, he got trolled into fighting Conor's mongoloid little brother where the upside to a victory is negligible and the downside is literally reputation suicide. It's unbelievable.

My thoughts exactly. I seriously cannot believe he took this fight, for the exact reasons you stated. If he wins, so what? He's supposed to beat an MMA fighter with no arms and a 50% win rate. If he loses, I agree, it would be a massive blow to his rep and he'd never live it down. It might haunt him forever.

Should Paulie win easily? Yeah, but I'm not sure this is a foregone conclusion like Floyd Vs Conor. In that fight, Conor had literally 0% of winning. Simply no path to victory, there's really nothing he could do to Floyd, not even a puncher's chance. Plus Floyd was still a very capable 40 year old, a 40 year old who was so good that he could still at least compete at elite level.

Maybe I'm wrong, and this fight IS as much of a foregone conclusion as that, but all I know is this; Paulie is not a "world champion boxer". He is a guy who was battered and stopped in his previous fight, by a British level fighter. He looked horrible, and completely shot. And this is a Paulie who is 2 years older, and inactive. If it was the Paulie who beat Judah, there would be no question about the result, but Paulie is shot enough that I am at least expecting Artem to put up a better fight than many are thinking. And of course, this isn't boxing. It's a short fight, with a small round ring, and no gloves. Almost somewhere between MMA and boxing, and unlike most boxers - Paulie doesn't even have big power to fall back on.

lol at "he got trolled into fighting Conor's mongoloid little brother". Yeah, that's about the gist of it :D

If this goes to a decision it will be an embarrassment for boxing.

No it wouldn't. Paulie is completely shot and has a 16% KO ratio. He's the most featherfisted well known boxer I've ever seen. This isn't Floyd we're talking about, Paulie is currently a scrub in boxing. I fully expect a decision.

However, if Artem was stopped by tiny little featherfisted Paulie, that would be an embarrassment for MMA :D

Artem will be made to look stupid just like everyone does who is not a high level boxer and tries to throw hands with one.
True, but I'd still love to see Paulie fight someone like Chris Leben.

No it wouldn't. Paulie is completely shot and has a 16% KO ratio. He's the most featherfisted well known boxer I've ever seen. This isn't Floyd we're talking about, Paulie is currently a scrub in boxing. I fully expect a decision.

However, if Artem was stopped by tiny little featherfisted Paulie, that would be an embarrassment for MMA :D
Yes it would, you can put Pauli vs the shittiest MMa fighter in an mma fight and he will get stopped inside the first, if a boxing champ can't stop a UFC reject woth a losing record in a boxing match it will be a complete embarrassment to that sport.

Back