Maldonado imitating Silva

Up there with Mayweather.

I'd recommend you take a closer look at his boxing record. Or even any of his other MMA fights that wasn't against "Beat Me Up" Beltran.

Of course you throw Mayweather out there to debunk my statement. To easy.
Fine, he is a high level mma boxer then man. Not elite though.

He was doing Homer, just inviting to get punched. Imitating Silva would've required slipping punches.

Of course you throw Mayweather out there to debunk my statement. To easy.
Fine, he is a high level mma boxer then man. Not elite though.

Not even that. He gets his face punched in on a regular basis. Heck, he was even jabbed to death by Kyle Kingsbury.

Kyle.
Kingsbury.

Maldonado_Fail_2.jpg

Kingsbu.

Last edited:
If anything, It made me chuckle, not rage.

Not even that. He gets his face punched in on a regular basis. Heck, he was even jabbed to death by Kyle Kingsbury.

Kyle.
Kingsbury.

Uhm no he wasnt. He was beating him up with bodyshots and I dont think kingsbury himself thought he won that fight. Maybe you should post pics from the whole fight not just when kyle jabbed him.

Its true that he is eating a lot of punches and hasnt the best defense but imo thats also because of the treat of a takedown (he still is relativly new to mma) and that he wants his opponents to brawl with him. He has some slick combinations, knows how to use bodyshots and is able to roll with punches so yes I think this makes him a pretty good boxer for mma standards.

I think he needs to do some adjustments though. He is entertaining (more in his older fights then in his las two) and durable but if he doesnt improve he will stay at the near bottom of the division imo.

Last edited:
Yep. made a thread about it. hes trying WAY too hard to look like a legit striker. WAYYYYYY TOOOOOO HARD.

Let me show of my advanced taunting tactics while getting punched in the face more...

how bout someone posts some gifs so the people who didnt see the fight can argue

i thought he looked pretty dumb due to the fact that he wasn't really winning the battle against the cage

Uhm no he wasnt. He was beating him up with bodyshots and I dont think kingsbury himself thought he won that fight. Maybe you should post pics from the whole fight not just when kyle jabbed him.

Its true that he is eating a lot of punches and hasnt the best defense but imo thats also because of the treat of a takedown (he still is relativly new to mma) and that he wants his opponents to brawl with him. He has some slick combinations, knows how to use bodyshots and is able to roll with punches so yes I think this makes him a pretty good boxer for mma standards.

I think he needs to do some adjustments though. He is entertaining (more in his older fights then in his las two) and durable but if he doesnt improve he will stay at the near bottom of the division imo.

He has very good bodyshots. No one is disputing that. However, he usually takes one straight to the face for every body shot he lands. That is not pretty good boxing no matter how you slice it. Furthermore, though he occasionaly rolls, he almost never moves his head otherwise. He is a blind-punchers wet dream. The chin will almost always be where it was one second ago, straight up and protounding.

When I saw Maldonado imitating Anderson Silva against the fence, I almost threw my remote control at the TV.

Am I being irrational or does that behavior also bother you?

Was annoyed too, but as another poster mentioned, it can be used as a deterrent to the opponent and he(Maldonado) may have been attempting that

It made him look like an idiot because he doesn't have the skill to do it.

^^

Spot on mate.

I didn't watch the event but I'm surprised that people are saying that fight sucked. Looked like a slugfest in the making on paper

Pretty good fight, check it if you can.

This.. It was stupid because he was getting worked he lost 2 of the 3 rounds imo and acted like he was doing something special.

Had the same score myself.

I was just as angry as you were. I thought it was bulls*** and I believe that is how he won that bulls*** decision too...

Yea it was wack. Fabio was gifted a decision in an embarassing fight. If you're gonna showboat, back it up with something. He should be forced to fight Glover again

It was dumb and he got cracked with some big elbows either before or directly after it.

Then again it worked and him doing it swayed the judges in the end(though I had given him the second anyhow).

Back