Majority of Sherdoggers still consider Jon Jones to be the best fighter on the planet currently

Could be... but wasting his prime on the sideline. Also. Bad decisions in life have tainted his image...

Great. Now we have threads about the poll results and discussion in other threads.

And the Mods were silent.

Following up on the thread/poll from fellow quality poster @Threetrees , it appears the majority of fans still consider Jon Jones as the best fighter on the planet. Discuss.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-is-the-best-fighter-on-the-planet-right-now.3814781/
View attachment 425147

Clearly a compromised list. How is TJ over Dominick? How is Jon there when he's popped multiple times, and we have no clue how good he is off the juice if good at all? How is MM only received half the percentage of a guy who won his belt off Iaquinta? How is DC the best natty ever when he fights in the two worst divisions in MMA history, and only has only beaten like three legitimate guys, one of them being a toss-up? Why is GSP 9000% higher but ducking Tyron? Why do I have the feeling if Aldo was on here he'd be higher than Max despite him losing to him twice decisively?

So many questions, and not enough answers!

Fact: Jon Jones has yet to be proven guilty of knowingly/willingly ingesting PEDs.

And lance is the GOAT.

Actually pretty sure he was found guilty and given the maximum sentence they could give him.

Ha. This is sherdog, you really cant take what us morons think seriously.

it's probably because he is. But also, you can't take sherdoggers seriously. 40 of them said Conor lol

because he is. All time GOAT. Steroids or not

Of course he is. It’s pretty obvious.

Lol @ “people who don’t vote the way I want don’t count therefore I’m right” logic

DxChop.gif

You can't, because you aren't a rational person. You're a fan and don't care at all about cheating.

All I remember and all that matters is that Jones tested positive multiple time and DC has not, which is why DC has the belt.

The gap between DC and Jones is pretty thin. It would be nice to see Jones try and fight him clean, he'd probably get crushed.

But you go ahead and champion a degenerate cheater, as you have the moral compass of a hyena.

wait you're making two separate arguments here and there both bad

One is you're arguing that he's irrational for not being able to forget the site of Daniel Cormier getting bodied by Jon Jones
That has nothing to do with being rational, that's just stupid. You just differ with him in opinion on how much popping for PEDs in that performance should change how you view that specific performance. You both clearly remember BOTH the win and the cheating, you just place different importance on each one.

And then you're making a moral argument later, which is separate and slightly better but still a bad argument. You don't know what his moral standards are on cheating, you just know that it doesn't change the fact that he thinks that Jon Jones is the best in the world. It could be because he thinks everyone is cheating, it could be because he thinks that Jon only cheated the two times he got caught and he proved himself the best in other performances, or it cold be that he doesn't care. There is no moral high ground for you to take here, you're just more open about your feelings on the subject.

wait you're making two separate arguments here and there both bad

One is you're arguing that he's irrational for not being able to forget the site of Daniel Cormier getting bodied by Jon Jones
That has nothing to do with being rational, that's just stupid. You just differ with him in opinion on how much popping for PEDs in that performance should change how you view that specific performance. You both clearly remember BOTH the win and the cheating, you just place different importance on each one.

And then you're making a moral argument later, which is separate and slightly better but still a bad argument. You don't know what his moral standards are on cheating, you just know that it doesn't change the fact that he thinks that Jon Jones is the best in the world. It could be because he thinks everyone is cheating, it could be because he thinks that Jon only cheated the two times he got caught and he proved himself the best in other performances, or it cold be that he doesn't care. There is no moral high ground for you to take here, you're just more open about your feelings on the subject.

There both bad, are they?

b1XQqUH.gif

<{cruzshake}>

Even when he loses he dishes out a concussion. What a GOAT

The gap between DC and Jones is pretty thin. It would be nice to see Jones try and fight him clean, he'd probably get crushed.

Crazy how a 40 year old man can be so competitive with a 10 years younger anabolic phenom also known as the greatest of all time, right

I’m at work. I’ll deal with your clumsy attempts at logic when I get home, although all you’re saying is “I disagree therefore your arguments are bad.”

Well played, Aristotle.

Back