Social Major surgery tomorrow; now accepting all Thoughts and Prayers

Don't worry so much. Technology has come a long way. You'll be back to normal before you know it.

Had a "progressive", "degenerative", 40% chance of cancer lesion taken out of my head back in January and trust me, you're gonna feel happier on the far side of your op than you've ever felt in your life. Good luck man, you got this

I was diagnosed with gullet cancer back in November last year. Tomorrow is D-Day: I finally get the surgery to remove the cancer. Along with my gullet. The surgeons then stretch my stomach to make a new gullet.

The entire process is as pleasant as it sounds. The operation takes around six hours, and I'll be in hospital for at least 10 days. Much of it in the ICU, drugged up to my eyeballs.

I don't mind admitting that I'm shitting myself, bros. So yeah, any Thoughts and Prayers you've got laying around, throw them my way. I need all the help I can get;)
Good luck my man.
7hqfz1.gif

7hqgmj.gif

I'm looking forward to a full rundown. I wanna know all the details, from how you discovered something was up, to what options were presented to you, to how you decided on surgery, to how the surgery went, to how you're feeling after the fact day of, next day, 1-2 weeks out, to what happens next (chemo? ect).

I'm borderline a hypochondriac with some added iatrophobia, nosocomephobia, and tomophobia thrown in. Sometimes it helps to hear others talk about it.

I was diagnosed with gullet cancer back in November last year. Tomorrow is D-Day: I finally get the surgery to remove the cancer. Along with my gullet. The surgeons then stretch my stomach to make a new gullet.

The entire process is as pleasant as it sounds. The operation takes around six hours, and I'll be in hospital for at least 10 days. Much of it in the ICU, drugged up to my eyeballs.

I don't mind admitting that I'm shitting myself, bros. So yeah, any Thoughts and Prayers you've got laying around, throw them my way. I need all the help I can get;)

Good luck, brother. Stay strong and rest up as much as you can! Rooting for you.

that's sucks man, but at least you found out while there was an opportunity to do something about it. I imagine this will be grueling for a bit, but the psychological relief after it's done should help with the recovery. Have had something scary hanging over my head for the past year myself, having a bit of peace of mind does wonders. Wish you all the best. Look forward to hearing back about your recovery when you're up for it.

Back