News Magomed Mustafaev will fight the undefeated Rafael Fiziev at UFC 149 in St.Petersburg Apr. 20

Awesome. I thought he retired. Also, I'm not sure if he came into that Kevin Lee fight injured or whether he was injured early or later in the fight but he put up one hell of a fight

Awesome. I thought he retired. Also, I'm not sure if he came into that Kevin Lee fight injured or whether he was injured early or later in the fight but he put up one hell of a fight
He brokes his arm in the 1st round when Lee slammed him

Still put up a decent fight

3QeJKmc.jpg

I remember him from the Kevin Lee fight
His legs are tree trunks, and Kevin said he had never been kicked as hard as him, and that he kicks like a truck.
Those kicks sounded very hard

Nice, I think Fiziev will win. Should be a great fight.

Mustafaev has been out over two years now, will be 29 months at fight time.

I believe I read on his wiki page that he retired

Hard to get accurate information from the Russian/Dagestani fighters, but I believe that Mustafaev suffered some kind of an arm injury in the Kevin Lee fight which caused him to be sidelined for about a year. Not sure where he has been, or what he has been up to since then. I know that he was supposedly going to be on the Moscow card last year, but that never materialized.

Glad he's back. He did well against Lee so it's a shame he's been out all this time. Hoping ring rush doesn't play into things.

This fight is going to be nuts. Kind of sucks one of these guys has to lose.

It's kind of like a classic Gus vs Davis, Jones vs Bader, Alves vs Fitch, Lee vs Iaquinta 1. Where you get two super talented young fighters facing each other before anyone really knows who they are.

Back