Fiziev is apparently getting top fight offers (Poirier) while six months away from being cleared

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Russian MMA manager Sayat Abdrakhmanov says that his client, Azerbaijani fighter Rafael Fiziev, just received an offer to fight with top American Dustin Poirier.

“They recently called us and asked if Rafa Fiziev was ready now to go out and fight Dustin Poirier. It would seem that a person is after the defeated and so on. But such a fight was offered to us.
It is clear that due to his injury, Rafa will not be ready to fight during this period. He still needs at least six months to recover. And yet such proposals are coming now” Abdrakhmanov said in an interview
with Sport24.

Source: https://sport24.ru/mma/news-600680-...edlozheniye-provesti-boy-protiv-dastina-porye

Dustin seeking an advantage? Didn’t think he was the type…

Sounds about right. Dustin is set and only needs to fight once a year... no point doing it soon.

I really love watching Poirier's fights, he's my favorite lightweight alongside Charles and Gamrot but it seems to me like at this point he's not really sure what his point is anymore when it comes to fighting

Since when Poirier is a top fight? Guy got KOD by hipster hairstyle conor and headkicked into bolivian by mindless brawler justin
Dustin has been a top contender for many years and the term is oblivion not Bolivian, living up to your tag as always.

Dustin has been a top contender for many years and the term is oblivion not Bolivian, living up to your tag as always.
Heard it bowlth ways, B.

Not surprised. He's an exciting striker with decent name value who is also beatable because of his cardio weakness and now surgically repaired knee. Lots of fighters looking for an opponent exactly like that.

Fizzy will probably beat Dustin at this point.

Poirier feels like he's on his farewell tour

I'm sure you're right, I was simply referencing MMA analyst and modern day renaissance man Brendan Schaub

Lol, yikes

Well I mean he'd know he's been there many times.

I just rewatched the Gaethje vs Fiziev fight on YouTube yesterday. Fiziev looked really small compared to Justin. I wonder if 145 would be a better weight class. He has a lot of muscle but maybe that's why his cardio is so bad.

Dustin doesn't live beneath the UFC's boots. The man is out there living it up, courtesy of that Dirty Dustin's Louisiana Hot Sauce empire money.

Back