Media Magomed Ankalaev Interview: Alex Pereira is "OVERRATED" - "Cannot Move To HW Before Facing ME"

How about Ankalaev gets an offer without him being at a disadvantage and time for a proper training camp? That should work for everyone.

He may have turned down UFC 300 but so would most top contenders who are Muslim. Trying to hold it against them for not taking the biggest opportunities of their lives while they're in a compromised state during Ramadan is a joke. Same with 303 & having a 2 week training camp. Might work for Pereira & Prochazka but not the majority of the roster.

The "he'll only fight in Abu Dhabi" is a spin job perpetuated on Sherdog, he made one tweet suggesting a location. People are forgetting that UFC 303 wasn't on the table back when he made that tweet, 304 in the UK wasn't an option etc.

He's said recently he'll go anywhere the UFC wants for a title fight,that was always his view regardless of what the haters have said.

That's fine he doesn't have to take the fight, but he has been offerred the fight on the same terms as Pereira. It's not a disadvantage for anyone if they both get the same camp length.

That comes with the option of missing a shot if the UFC and Alex are booked and he gets skipped again or chooses to go to HW.
Where has Ank been since fighting Johnny Walker for the second time? He could have been fighting or putting himself in the position to fight for the belt.

He called for a fight in October initially. Pereira said he wants it earlier than that and is talking about Australia in 6 weeks even. Ank is welcome to take that fight or potentially miss out if something happens. If LHW wasn't so crap he would need a ranked win anyway to be in title fight discussions, even if I think he is probably Alex's worst match up.

Na fuck that. Alex is a unicorn. Move to heavyweight, let him cook !
I dont want to see alex go to hw yet. LHW for atleast 2-3 more fights.

Anakalev is worthy of a shot at the title, but he needs to sack up and take it on terms offered rather than waiting for the perfect opportunity to fight alex. Alex clearly isn't a wait around champ. novemeber, april, july is a tight schedule, If Alex can continue this pace (Nov 24', Feb '25, June '25) lines him up for a HW debut end of the year.

I'd like to see fights with Ankalaev, roundtree Jr and Ulberg before moving up.

Last edited:

Anakalev is worthy of a shot at the title, but he needs to sack up and take it on terms offered rather than waiting for the perfect opportunity to fight alex. Alex clearly isn't a wait around champ. novemeber, april, july is a tight schedule, If Alex can continue this pace (Nov 24', Feb '25, June '25) lines him up for a HW debut end of the year.

I wish I could like this 5 times. Perfect schedule.

He has a point though sir lol

DOES he tho, bro? Does he rilly doe?

giphy.gif

I agree, he is the next, rightful contender. Poatan shouldn't be fucking around in other divisions until he clears out his first.

Whose fault is that? Ank got his crack at the title against a striker and he got leg kicked to oblivion and then cried because his last minute grappling didn’t earn him the win.

What has this dude done in the past couple years while Alex has lapped the LHW division? Get a draw and beat a bottom tier fighter like Johnny Walker??

If anyone is overrated it’s Ank

He probably IS the next man up now that Alex has wiped out the rest of the division, but how many fans this side of the globe even want to see Magahat or whatever his name is?

Now I want Alex to move up without facing Magomed. Belal is getting his title shot so we need a new step child to play keep away from.

Seriously though. Alex fights often and on short notice. Ank needs to be able to take a short notice fight to catch him.

Ulberg... Really? Khalil would be a good fight stylistically for fans and Ank is a test because of supposed grappling. Ulberg is the definition of punchers chance if they fight.

Fight Ankalaev first then if there's not a clear contender take one heavyweight fight while light heavyweight gets a new number one contender.

lol at "ducking". He's ducking Ankalaev as much as he's ducking Carlos Ulberg, or any other random fighter he hasn't fought in the rankings.

Why fight him? His best win is Johnny fucking Walker, what does beating Ankalaev do for Alex's bank balance or legacy? Fuck all. He's beaten better fighters, and there's more interesting fights out there.

Again, his best win is Johnny Walker, and this is a guy who tapped with 1 second left in the fight to Paul Craig. Just a ridiculously overrated fighter. Let Ankalaev actually beat an elite fighter to prove he deserves the shot.

A bit like like in boxing, some very undeserved fighters somehow end up as a sanctioning body's #1 contender, and in those cases it's best for everyone if the champ "ducks" them even if it means vacating a belt.

Pereira is better off moving to HW for some actual interesting and challenging fights.

Krylov, volkov, santos, jan, Smith….

Ank has a strong resume. You’re just being a hater.

he deserves a title shot.

Jiri got a title shot after only beating volkan and reyes

Alex got a title shot after only beating strickland

Nah, he lost his belt when he got DQed in the first Johnny Walker fight since we're playing with imaginary results.
And then they did an immediate rematch, so fair enough you’re correct, this is his first defence on his 2nd title reign

Ank is an idiot, how is poatan overrated when he didnt even get touched in his last two ko victories over top contenders and former champions? Idiotic

Back