Magic Johnson top 5?

Top 5 is tough. This might change depending on the day, but today:

1) Jordan
2) Russell (yeah, I know the arguments against him, but I don't care if you're playing intramural basketball... it's hard to win that many times in a row at anything.)
3) Wilt
4) Magic
5) Bird

Magic and Bird basically made the NBA what is it is today which gives them each a HUGE bonus on top of the stats and championships.

Honorable mentions: Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem, Oscar O, Kareem, Dr. J, and Jerry West.

Those are facts man, not feelings. Do any kind of reading up on what happened in Miami. Pat Riley wasn't letting Lebron have as much pull as he wanted in Miami so he left. Do you deny this?

Listen to what former Cleveland Cavalier GM David Griffin had to say about his time with Lebron:

"Everything we did was inorganic and unsustainable, and frankly, not fun,” he said. “I was miserable. Literally, the moment we won the championship [in 2016], I knew I was going to leave. There was no way I was gonna stay for any amount of money."

This is straight from the horses mouth. Lebron makes organizations do inorganic and unsustainable things, ie fake and manufactured, in order to have a chance at winning. And because these things are unsustainable the team and organization are left in disarray when he leaves.

Kyrie left because he couldn't take the politics and the "Lebron system" style of basketball. Kevin Love had a mental breakdown. Tyrone Lue was under so much pressure he got physically sick. David Griffin left because he was "miserable". KD told you the environment around Lebron is "toxic".

Earlier in this thread you said you wanted people to make points and counter points. Well offer a counter point to the things I just posted above. Don't just call me a Lebron hater. That's weak. Tell me what I posted here that isn't true or that is being spun inaccurately. How is Lebron not culpable for these things? The floor is yours.

Yes. Prior to Miami Lebron actually had decent competition in the Eastern Conference. He had the Celtics, Pistons, Heat, Magic. Those are all legitimate teams during the mid to late 00s. It wasn't until he teamed up with D Wade, took Bosh from the Raptors, and took Ray Allen from the Celtics that the eastern conference became weak.

It just means that it's ultimately an opinion. PER is a stat based on one's philosophy, view of that game, and what that creator values within the game. That makes it a stat based on subjective opinion that only matters to those who share that same philosophy about the game. That what all analytics are. It's true that all stats are meaningless without context but that's especially true for made up ones.
The credit/blame ratio from you to these two greats is so skewed that I feel the effort would be futile.

Top 5 is tough. This might change depending on the day, but today:

1) Jordan
2) Russell (yeah, I know the arguments against him, but I don't care if you're playing intramural basketball... it's hard to win that many times in a row at anything.)
3) Wilt
4) Magic
5) Bird

Magic and Bird basically made the NBA what is it is today which gives them each a HUGE bonus on top of the stats and championships.

Honorable mentions: Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem, Oscar O, Kareem, Dr. J, and Jerry West.
You do realize that in Bill Rustles era there was no free agency, right? The Celtics got stacked and teams were stuck with the same rosters for YEARS.

No Rustle is not top 5. Bullshit artist Wilt isn't top 5, only Jordan, Magic and Bird.

To the other idiots saying LeBron is #1... No. You're a scrub. LeBron has too many losses. Things can still change, he could win more but the window is closing. He's top 5 at best but realistically top 10.

You do realize that in Bill Rustles era there was no free agency, right? The Celtics got stacked and teams were stuck with the same rosters for YEARS.

No Rustle is not top 5. Bullshit artist Wilt isn't top 5, only Jordan, Magic and Bird.

To the other idiots saying LeBron is #1... No. You're a scrub. LeBron has too many losses. Things can still change, he could win more but the window is closing. He's top 5 at best but realistically top 10.

Again... try to win a tournament with your friends time after time and come back to me. He's in the top 5.

Again... try to win a tournament with your friends time after time and come back to me. He's in the top 5.
If everyone is healthy and your team is that stacked... Uhh yeah sure? Bill was great, a legend, but a weak era without teams able to get better. Top 20 is reasonable.

Exactly. You got nothing.
Absolutely nothing. Once you established that MJ was responsible for everything good about the 90s Bulls (even when he wasn't on the team) & Lebron is responsible for everything bad that's happened to the Cavs, Heat, & Lakers I knew that I had been thoroughly dominated by a superior poster. My biggest hope is that you'll be able to teach me more in the future. You take this W & wear it proudly.

How many ships did the Bulls win with Jordan? How many without?

Take that L and move on Zoo.

How many ships did the Bulls win with Jordan? How many without?

Take that L and move on Zoo.
You are officially the Lance Stephenson, Bill Laimbeer, Draymond Green irritant of the NBA threads lmaoooo. What you lack in knowledge you make up for with tenacity, enthusiasm, & unrelenting annoyance. I respect the way you've accepted & embraced your role. You're like a flea on my back that I've somehow grown attached to & if you ever leave me for another I'll surely miss you.

Gotten to with hilarious ease. Damn you broke quick. I haven't lost it!

<JonesLaugh>

Can you stick to the topic itt plz bruh? Aka your top 5 is hilariously laughable and was dissected with hilarious ease!! Lol!!! Sad.

<NoneOfMy>

Can you stick to the topic itt plz bruh? Aka your top 5 is hilariously laughable and was dissected with hilarious ease!! Lol!!! Sad.

<NoneOfMy>
My bad man! I know, I'm embarrassed about the whole thing. It took all the courage I could muster to come back here today. Cool Kermit picture bro!

WiLt ChAmBerLaIn wUz dA gReAtesT aThEleTe evAr!1!!

nw4xe84tdqyi15keub0uwxztffaoccnszvdoxhu2cqq8yljicsirx8dw3u4emz1y.jpg

For me Magic is 4-6 depending on the day and the argument being had
1.Kareem
2.MJ
3.Wilt
4.Kobe
5.Magic
6. Bron
7.Duncan
8.Shaq
9.Bird
10.Hakeem
Magic goes over Bird because of head to head titles, overall titles and IMO we only got 5 years of peak Larry(83-88)before he fucked his back.
Magic over Lebron based on titles right now, he'd be behind Bron if Bron had 1 or 2 more rings.Its silly to nitpick all time greats but to me Magic is more of a team winner. IMO Lebron would've won more if he focused one on thing instead being an amazing jack of all trades. He fills the statline up but I think he'd be better served if he just went for 45/game and let the 1/4/5s do their jobs.
Kobe over Lebron on titles..........and Im a Kobe stan so maybe my opinion is skewed a bit lol.

Where is Bill Russel bro?

In his first play in the "white basketball" league he blocked his opponents shot 4 times in a row. Also he was a coach and a player in his later years and was still winning championships at the same time.

4d7f67cf3a2e520480188827cfb1303e.jpg

Where is Bill Russel bro?

In his first play in the "white basketball" league he blocked his opponents shot 4 times in a row. Also he was a coach and a player in his later years and was still winning championships at the same time.

4d7f67cf3a2e520480188827cfb1303e.jpg
Bill is in the next 5,its a toss up on whether the 11 titles were because he had a team full of HOF for the era or that he helped make them HoF
11.Karl Malone
12.Bill Russell
13. Kevin Durant
14. Moses Malone
15.Charles Barkley
16. Oscar Robertson
17. Dirk
18.Zeke
19.Garnett
20. Elgin Baylor

Bill is in the next 5,its a toss up on whether the 11 titles were because he had a team full of HOF for the era or that he helped make them HoF
11.Karl Malone
12.Bill Russell
13. Kevin Durant
14. Moses Malone
15.Charles Barkley
16. Oscar Robertson
17. Dirk
18.Zeke
19.Garnett
20. Elgin Baylor

Without Russel there would be nobody else on this list. He broke down doors of access to the NBA that let everyone else though.

Bill Rustle got lucky he had a great team to play with for years due to no free agency. Locked in teams sucking for years with no chance to change up = the Rustle era.

Also Jerry West > Elgin Baylor especially in the yoffs. Y'all don't know basketball. Scrub zone, but ima scrub it clean.

11.Karl Malone
12.Bill Russell
13. Kevin Durant
14. Moses Malone
15.Charles Barkley
16. Oscar Robertson
17. Dirk
18.Zeke
19.Garnett
20. Elgin Baylor
This is awful. Please don't post in ball threads anymore

Back