Mafia Trilogy Announced - Remake for 1, remaster for 2, and 3.

GtehMVP

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This is incredible

More details....He says Mafia 2 is coming sooner than the others, but I can't confirm that, anyone else?

I loved the first Mafia game so much that despite the last 8 hours or so of the end game, where my character inexplicitly kept skipping forward, I was determined to finish the awesome story. It's one of the best mob stories ever.

It turned out I had a controller plugged into my PC that was upside down, with the left analogue stick clicked in, and moving forward. I had to actively stop him from moving forward like a cripple. :D

Anyway, I never finished Mafia 2, and always meant to, so now's the perfect chance. I got bored of Mafia 3 though.

Some screens of M1
3670770-apps.32471.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.jpg

3670771-apps.37254.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.jpg

3670767-apps.26846.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.jpg

Last edited:
I played the hell out of Mafia 2 a few months back on PC. This release seems more suited for console as the PC version is easily upscaled in resolution and plenty of texture mods available. Good pick up for anyone that hasn't played the series yet.

I played the hell out of Mafia 2 a few months back on PC. This release seems more suited for console as the PC version is easily upscaled in resolution and plenty of texture mods available. Good pick up for anyone that hasn't played the series yet.
Yeah, that's why I'm more excited for the Mafia 1 remake treatment. There are HD mods for it, but it's beyond dated at its core. It looks like they're adding missions and more (can't confirm), as it's rebuilt from the ground up.

Here's the actual teaser trailer for it that was leaked, then pulled. Hopefully they do it justice, and improve M2 with more than just resolution options.

Yeah, that's why I'm more excited for the Mafia 1 remake treatment. There are HD mods for it, but it's beyond dated at its core. It looks like they're adding missions and more (can't confirm), as it's rebuilt from the ground up.

Here's the actual teaser trailer for it that was leaked, then pulled. Hopefully they do it justice, and improve M2 with more than just resolution options.

Awesome, I may have to check it out then. Only played Mafia 2 so it would be cool to play the others updated and optimized.

Some people hate on remakes I absolutely love seeing older games brought into the modern age.

Awesome. Love these games, especially the first one. Can't wait!

<YayKpop>

I think Mafia 2 needs some sprucing up, especially in the movement and physics department.

I would be overjoyed if they only announced the M1 remake, though. Awesome, awesome, Mike Awesome!!

Wow, I didn't even see that it was dropping in August. That's incredible!!!

I never got to play the first one, but loved 2, and still really liked 3.

-EDIT- I think I had the first one on Xbox, but it was a mess.

Didn't like 2 and was never interested in 3. The first game getting a remake might be good.

I've only played 2, so I am looking forward to this.

Played and beat them all. I loved every one. Heck I got the collector's edition and it came with the soundtracks on vinyl.

Man! Listening to Hendrix play All Along The Watchtower on vinyl?

MIND BLOWN.

Mafia 1 was a masterpiece. One of my favourite games of all time. Loved the storyline, had a really immersive feel to it and the wanted system was better than anyhing Rockstar have done.

Man I'm pumped for 1 and 2, especially 1. The remaster choices have been nice, this, Destroy all Humans, Tony Hawk, give me a Twisted Metal Black and Socom Navy Seals Remaster and I'll feel complete.

mafia 1 and 2 are awesomely done. the atmosphere and the environments are spot on. I loved mafia 2 and just causing havoc with my revolver and shotgun, robbing gas stations, diners, etc. can't wait!

I think Mafia 2 needs some sprucing up, especially in the movement and physics department.

I would be overjoyed if they only announced the M1 remake, though. Awesome, awesome, Mike Awesome!!
Mike Awesome is the best type of awesome

Never played this series

I'll buy this for sure.

Best gaming news I've heard in a long time. MAfia 2 is up there with the GOATs for me. I think it's the game I've played through the most times. The story, the voice acting, the atmosphere, the gameplay, everything was perfect. I played Mafia 1 as well but I don't remember it as much so I'm looking forward to a remake with fresh eyes. Mafia 3 sucks though with no redeeming qualities.

I only played Mafia 1 back in the day and really enjoyed it, but never finished I don't think. What's with everyone shitting on Mafia 3 though? What's so bad about it?

Back