Mafia Trilogy Announced - Remake for 1, remaster for 2, and 3.

mafia 3 was clunky. i didn't care about the black guy hero, but i did care that i couldn't cause the havoc i did in mafia 2. it just felt like a chore to drive and play.

The Mafia 2 gameplay trailer didn’t look like that much of an improvement tbh. Just slightly better graphics. No where near as good looking as the Mafia 1 remake trailer.

Is it just a graphics upgrade or did they make changes to the gameplay and controls? I’m hesitant on getting M2, but I’ll more than likely get M1.

M3 was dogshit and didn’t even end up getting halfway through the story, so I’ll avoid that altogether.

If you owned the original versions on steam then you get the definitive editions for free which is a nice gesture at least.
It also means free DLC if you never got around to purchasing any of it for Mafia 2/3.
Other than that its essentially just a minor visual upgrade so if you've already completed 2/3 and all the DLC then theres little reason to go back.

If you owned the original versions on steam then you get the definitive editions for free which is a nice gesture at least.
It also means free DLC if you never got around to purchasing any of it for Mafia 2/3.
Other than that its essentially just a minor visual upgrade so if you've already completed 2/3 and all the DLC then theres little reason to go back.
Think I might have a copy....

The Mafia 2 gameplay trailer didn’t look like that much of an improvement tbh. Just slightly better graphics. No where near as good looking as the Mafia 1 remake trailer.

Is it just a graphics upgrade or did they make changes to the gameplay and controls? I’m hesitant on getting M2, but I’ll more than likely get M1.

M3 was dogshit and didn’t even end up getting halfway through the story, so I’ll avoid that altogether.

Like Vinnie says below, if you already owned Mafia 2, and 3, you get the definitive upgrade as a separate download, so it won't override your original copy, which I'm happy about. I put in about 5 hours (M2) so far. Outside the lighting, especially at night, I didn't really notice big changes until you get out of prison and it's the 1950"s/no more winter. The colours really pop, and the better textures are more evident.

Gameplay is identical, so still floaty. Physx is now integrated into the game, with no option to turn on, or off. It's definitely dialed back, but consistent. I don't know if you played the PC version, or had an Nvidia card back then, but Physx was pretty cool, but spotty.

I never finished M2, so now is a great time!

Like Vinnie says below, if you already owned Mafia 2, and 3, you get the definitive upgrade as a separate download, so it won't override your original copy, which I'm happy about. I put in about 5 hours (M2) so far. Outside the lighting, especially at night, I didn't really notice big changes until you get out of prison and it's the 1950"s/no more winter. The colours really pop, and the better textures are more evident.

Gameplay is identical, so still floaty. Physx is now integrated into the game, with no option to turn on, or off. It's definitely dialed back, but consistent. I don't know if you played the PC version, or had an Nvidia card back then, but Physx was pretty cool, but spotty.

I never finished M2, so now is a great time!

How do the ham sandwiches look?

Just had my kid buy the bundle. Cant wait to get home. Sucks I gotta wait until August for there release of 1.

Did they actually remaster Mafia 3? Doesn't seem necessary.

I've only played Mafia 3 though. Might have to give 2 a whirl.

Did they actually remaster Mafia 3? Doesn't seem necessary.

I've only played Mafia 3 though. Might have to give 2 a whirl.
You never played 1 and 2?!?!? they are epic. Also GODFATHER the video game was epic.

You never played 1 and 2?!?!? they are epic. Also GODFATHER the video game was epic.

I really wish they would remaster both godfather games for ps. I liked the way you move up from soldier through the ranks. I wish there was a way to mold that game and the mafia series together.

Last edited:
Hope they Remake Mafia 2 one day not just the minor upgrade

M3 was repetitive

Never played 1 back in the day, but enjoyed 2. 3 was too much of a grind and the setting wasn't my favorite.

Is Mafia 1 purely a story based game or is there some kinda freeroam with side activities as well?

Never played 1 back in the day, but enjoyed 2. 3 was too much of a grind and the setting wasn't my favorite.

Is Mafia 1 purely a story based game or is there some kinda freeroam with side activities as well?
There is a free roam mode in Mafia 1, but the main story is linear based. It's really, really good. But everyone has to remember that back then, it's main rival was GTA 3/Vice City/etc. There wasn't an open world game based in the 30s/40s before. It was actually more realistic because there were speed limits, and the cops would try to stop you for damaging property.

Beyond pumped for Mafia 1. What other game despite technology at the time could preserve times back in the day in a game

Just got Mafia 3. They included all the dlc. Any tips for a beginner would be appreciated.

His performance complaints are concerning, but he's also making a lot of complaints about the actual game that I really don't agree with.

That said, my modded version of Mafia II on PC looks better than what I'm seeing in this footage at least.

Started playing Mafia 2 remaster. Lot of fun. Less open worldy than 3, but the story is much better so far.

Mafia 3's narrative had such a strong start

This cutscene had me so hyped to play through the story

then the game turned into a boring, repetitive slog. Didn't even bother finishing it.

I have this habit of playing games out of order.. mostly because I wasn't gaming regularly up until five or six years ago. Which throws things off if the stories are related.

This is no different. I went back and watched a bunch of cutscenes from Mafia 3 since I hadn't played it in a few years. Things started to makes sense now that I'm playing through 2 for the first time. I thought Vito had seemed familiar.

Back