• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Mackenzie Dern (ranked 7) vs Angela Hill (ranked 13) Strawweight Fight May 20

Who wins?

• Total voters
I’ll never understand why people who hate wmma alway go out of their way to go into wmma threads……just odd behavior by odd guys looking for high-fives from other odd guys in the wmma hate circle jerk lol
Dey is ghey

Hey now. I defend WMMA, but I don't defend bad cards. #7 vs #14 being the headliner and, iirc, the only ranked fighters on a card is just .. it's so bad.

And I get that it's a replacement, but that still means they only planned to have one ranked fight. At least then, it was a title eliminator. Big Mac ain't getting a title shot without 3 more wins, and Hill ain't getting a title shot.. like, full stop.

Yeah, they've done a LOT of shifting around lately with few explanations. I don't remember ever seeing as many "undisclosed reasons" in a short amount of time in my life. And it's not even mostly about pulled fighters, just last minute re-arranged cards.
I’m glad you pointed all vitriol towards the UFC for lack of quality cards and not the fighters like many shetards do

Ya, I heard a few years ago she was going to retire to have kids before it was too late for her. But then she never returned any of my messages either :(
Keep trying bro, she seems to have a bunch of phones - there's a different one in every photo, she'll see the messages soon:

qtfc1qc3tw0a1.jpg

5e3aac90264d84_50074574.jpg

i616mynv3cz81.jpg

Keep trying bro, she seems to have a bunch of phones - there's a different one in every photo, she'll see the messages soon:

qtfc1qc3tw0a1.jpg

5e3aac90264d84_50074574.jpg

i616mynv3cz81.jpg

lol - dang! She must love the new iPhone every 6 months when the new one comes out. My hope is restored......I'm gonna keep trying. Some might call it stalking or harassment.....I call it perseverance and being resolute.

lol - dang! She must love the new iPhone every 6 months when the new one comes out. My hope is restored......I'm gonna keep trying. Some might call it stalking or harassment.....I call it perseverance and being resolute.
Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man.

I dont hate WMMA but that is an ass headliner.

Yeah, they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of these upcoming cards, especially the mains. Rozenstruik and Almeida? Kara-France and Albazi? Strickland and Magomedov? None of them really scream "main event" to me. Vettori vs Cannonier is worthy of main event status but the rest of that card is shaping up to be butt-sauce.

This is the card per Wiki (not yet updated with new main event), it's not good but it's not bad, 4.5/10. Johnson-CDF might be fun.

Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Anthony Hernandez
Welterweight André Fialho vs. Joaquin Buckley
Lightweight Hayisaer Maheshate vs. Viacheslav Borschev
Lightweight Carlos Diego Ferreira vs. Michael Johnson
Women's Strawweight Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
Welterweight Orion Cosce vs. Gilbert Urbina
Heavyweight Ilir Latifi vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
Lightweight Chase Hooper vs. Nick Fiore
Women's Flyweight Natália Silva vs. Victoria Leonardo
Flyweight Clayton Carpenter vs. Stephen Erceg

So um lol... from these choices what did yall want the UFC to do?

I’ll never understand why people who hate wmma alway go out of their way to go into wmma threads……just odd behavior by odd guys looking for high-fives from other odd guys in the wmma hate circle jerk lol
I love MMA regardless of the gender of the competitors, but this main event is laughable. UFC product is so extremely watered down, and the scary thing is there’s not a bigger uproar when they pull stuff like this. I mean seriously? This is a main event? What the hell has become of the UFC?

Hey now. I defend WMMA, but I don't defend bad cards. #7 vs #14 being the headliner and, iirc, the only ranked fighters on a card is just .. it's so bad.

And I get that it's a replacement, but that still means they only planned to have one ranked fight. At least then, it was a title eliminator. Big Mac ain't getting a title shot without 3 more wins, and Hill ain't getting a title shot.. like, full stop.
Exactly. I like WMMA actually, but I don’t like Angela Hill fights as a general rule. And since she’s lost 5 of her last 8 fights, she sure as fuck shouldn’t be headlining anything.

Still trying to make Dern the next WMMA star I see.

I mean, she is. She's been in the UFC five years now, people like to watch her. She's a name, win or lose.

she was already a star in the BJJ world when she switched to MMA. She's currently one of the few BJJ competitors to make a good transition. I'd say only Gilbert Burns has been more successful on the present UFC roster.

mackenzie-dern.gif

Last edited:

I know, right? and those mean haters always post videos like the one showing 3 minuntes of macy barbiere hitting air...

Most fans: "The UFC fight cards have been really shitty lately"

UFC: "We gotta keep it coming, what's the worst FN Card we can think of? Definitely a WMMA main event but who.... uhhh Angela Hill, she's annoying, boring and for the sake of diversity."

That's two time UFC main eventer Angela Hill to you Sherbros, which is two more headliners than Khamzat, Shavkat and O'Malley put together.

8IKM.gif
Bad comparison. Khamzat and OMalley are too popular to be fighting on FNs, even the main event. But I see what you mean

Oof... still some fights I'm looking forward to besides this headliner though -- Anthony Hernandez has been on a terror and Buckley making his debut at 170 should be interesting.

Back