Machida vs. Shields grappling match this August 13th, at SubmitCancer.

War Dragon.

This gif is so funny. I remember moose was saying machida was on roids and everybody said moose was being a crybaby and all this shit. When machida failed the first reply to the post was this gif and I have never laughed so hard in my entire life

Machida never failed tho...

Chris Lytle had never been finished before - in all of his 70 or so professional MMA fights, and 15 or so professional Boxing matches - and he also stepped into this grappling match with only a week or two's notice. He filled in as a late replacement, he had not been training like a pro (he's retired).

So all that being said, Jake Shields was getting the better of him, but Lytle held his own, and was doing some really slick stuff to escape positions/submissions, including a very dramatic armbar where it looked like Lytle was going to be finished & tap for the first time in his professional career.

He didn't. Lytle escaped, and it went the full time limit, including some overtime rounds, with neither fighter getting finished. It was one of those Draws that was really satisfying to watch.
Niiiiiice! I'm a fan of both guys.

That's awesome! Looking forward to seeing this chess match.

Machida is one of the best no-gi grapplers I have seen. I guess it is 5-6 years sinve he dominated that ADCC champ but still...This will be entertaining as hell...

Chris Lytle had never been finished before - in all of his 70 or so professional MMA fights, and 15 or so professional Boxing matches - and he also stepped into this grappling match with only a week or two's notice. He filled in as a late replacement, he had not been training like a pro (he's retired).

So all that being said, Jake Shields was getting the better of him, but Lytle held his own, and was doing some really slick stuff to escape positions/submissions, including a very dramatic armbar where it looked like Lytle was going to be finished & tap for the first time in his professional career.

He didn't. Lytle escaped, and it went the full time limit, including some overtime rounds, with neither fighter getting finished. It was one of those Draws that was really satisfying to watch.
Years after retiring Lytle is still showing why he was such a liked fighter.

This is in Denver? Too bad it's not here in LA...never been to a pure grappling event before.

Yea i know are there ever any grappling events here in LA?

For charity that's great to see. Props to both guys but I can't see Machida outgrappling Shields. No way no how.

wonder if the ufc will get mad bc they are using the ufc name, hashtag

I think Shields takes this. Respect to both of them.

expect Macheater to go in full of Grease, urine and PED

Back