Machida vs. Shields grappling match this August 13th, at SubmitCancer.

I think that's bullshit.

So if a fighter calls up USADA and is like "Yo, I just pumped 5 gallons of testosterone into my veins via an IV" they'd get suspended even if they passed their test afterwards?

It just seems fucking stupid to me.

seems pretty stupid that they'd do that in the first place.

seems pretty stupid that they'd do that in the first place.

Well yeah but my point is that it doesn't make sense to punish people purely on what they say, it should be down to the tests.

Well yeah but my point is that it doesn't make sense to punish people purely on what they say, it should be down to the tests.

y'know, putting it that way, you're right.

Yes and no. The final word hasn't been said yet but it's like a 99.9% he'll get 2 years, so it's kiinda official.

Says who? There's zero precedent for this situation and you are completely talking out of your ass lol.

I doubt he gets two years. Doesn't make sense to make it completely non beneficial to be honest with them up front.

Well Machida for some dumb reason signed a paper that admitted to using a banned substance. It's basically a legal document that is an admission to breaking the rules.

Says who? There's zero precedent for this situation and you are completely talking out of your ass lol.

I doubt he gets two years. Doesn't make sense to make it completely non beneficial to be honest with them up front.
I agree it doesn't make any sense. But they are doing it

Well Machida for some dumb reason signed a paper that admitted to using a banned substance. It's basically a legal document that is an admission to breaking the rules.

I guess he didn't check their list of 1000 household products that are banned for no reason.

How did it go?

Chris Lytle had never been finished before - in all of his 70 or so professional MMA fights, and 15 or so professional Boxing matches - and he also stepped into this grappling match with only a week or two's notice. He filled in as a late replacement, he had not been training like a pro (he's retired).

So all that being said, Jake Shields was getting the better of him, but Lytle held his own, and was doing some really slick stuff to escape positions/submissions, including a very dramatic armbar where it looked like Lytle was going to be finished & tap for the first time in his professional career.

He didn't. Lytle escaped, and it went the full time limit, including some overtime rounds, with neither fighter getting finished. It was one of those Draws that was really satisfying to watch.

Machida should move to K1 and leave this nonsense behind.

Very cool of them to do this charity gig. Can't piss on either guy for that.

What a mismatch lol.
They could as well fight a kickboxing match would make as much sense.
Shake's gonna dominate.

Machida may be a black belt, but he's gonna spend most of this match playing defense and getting out of trouble.

6ohb3b.jpg

This gif is so funny. I remember moose was saying machida was on roids and everybody said moose was being a crybaby and all this shit. When machida failed the first reply to the post was this gif and I have never laughed so hard in my entire life

Back