MacGregory vs Masvidal

Doesn't it make way more sense to give him some guys he can beat (cowboy, Raging Al, Aldo 2) if they wanna protect him instead of letting him fight his worth matchup with khabib?

Conor would sell 1 millionen ppvs against ANYBODY
Damn just suck his dick already!!!. He hasnt fought those guys because they are too dangerous for him. Al would march him down and beat the shit out of him. Cowboy would trip him and sub him like he did to the brazilian cowboy. Mcgregor needs someone that is chinny, Aldo might be a pretty good choice for him. His best bet was Porier imho!!

When i first read this title, I thought what a dumb fight. But the more I think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Masvidal's stock is up and his interest has peaked with his last two wins.
Even with Conor's last loss, he's still a bigger draw than 99% of the fighters, including Masvidal.
They are both trash talking hype beasts who could sell this fight to the moon, even without a belt this event could headline a card. It has the necessary ingredients to be an amazing pre-fight build-up.

From a stylistic pov, both prefer to strike and have amazing counter striking. They just need to agree on a catch weight.

Ones an accomplished ww, the other a lw with no wins since 2016

Masvidal is a very good welterweight , Conor has one win at lightweight against top competition and against a dude who chose to play his game , i don't know how it would go but Masvidal should be a heavy favorite.

Damn just suck his dick already!!!. He hasnt fought those guys because they are too dangerous for him. Al would march him down and beat the shit out of him. Cowboy would trip him and sub him like he did to the brazilian cowboy. Mcgregor needs someone that is chinny, Aldo might be a pretty good choice for him. His best bet was Porier imho!!

So i am proving you wrong with your "ufc protects him" thing and that makes me a dick sucker?
Damn never went full sherdog...
I said he CAN beat them not that he WILL

If you seriously believe Conor has no chance against Al or Cowboy you should hang your keyboard warrior gloves up

news flash..conor is really NOT that great of a pure boxer lol. He uses distance timing and footwork to land counter shots. When it comes to IN THE POCKET where you are even to close to kick..hes honestly not anywhere near as good as people make him out to be. He was able to stand far enough away that eddie couldnt hit him then was able to counter...most of his finishes are not really boxing..even the aldo ko was bouncing in and out karate style..thats NOT BOXING..when he did box he was doing silly ass rabbit punches to the back of the head. Hes an mma fighter not a boxer IMHO

Mas on the other hand has slick head movement, combinations, counters, power and speed. He has good footwork and most importantly. HES REALLY A DOG not a front runner like conor has shown in the past.
I just meant mma standup in general.
I think Conor is alot better than Gamebred with head movement and superior speed, although I do like gamebred and he has great standup as well.

And also Conor has shown he can compete with actual pro champion boxers.

I think it would be a great contest, they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Conor ain’t taking any other risky fight but khabib Lol

Jorge might as well call out GSP, he has a better chance of getting that fight. Conor is only going to take a fight for the LW belt, or the 3rd fight with Nate.

Conor is not coming back for anyone but Khabib.

Pretty clear at this point.. way too much money to be made from the rematch.
Conor is coming back for third fight with Nate if Nate wins vs Pettis... then he will instantly get Khabib if Khabib wins the Dustin fight, 100% bank on this and @ me when it gets announced shortly after those 2 get wins.

Boy. It's a good thing Jorge is sick of the trash talk era in MMA <rollingeyes.gif>

Conor is not coming back for anyone but Khabib.

Pretty clear at this point.. way too much money to be made from the rematch.
there is no reason to have a rematch.... but would be interesting is conor vs askren... I think that would sell a fuck ton

Well according to Sherdog Conor was actually scared to fight Khabib in the first place. He was ducking Khabib, then he signed the contract. It didn't take 4 times like Tony vs Khabib

I guess Conor wouldn't sign to fight Nate Diaz a 2nd time after Nate took all his best shots, hurt him, and then choked him. Never mind, he signed to fight him again.
I’ve never seen a fighter look more afraid in my life than the pre fight face off with Khabib before the bell rang. Conor looked like a kid going to the principals office for the first time. Couldn’t even look him in the eye.

OpenPartialGuineapig-size_restricted.gif
then got up and proceed to ko him savagely?
and Till is "tree times the size of conor"

for all masvidal's crybabying about trash talk, now he's talking trash? or maybe he learned from Askren that you gotta sometimes talk your way into the fight you want.

also it would be funny to see masvidal use his wrestling to beat conor where he's weakest.

Back