M-1 champions will be able to fight both in UFC and M-1: End of an era of exclusive contracts?

Lol what? ACB is (or was) easily the #2 or #3 org in the world as far as talent and roster is concerned. They routinely put Bellator to shame and made good case for whether it was #2. M-1 is barely Top 5 and has to contend with ONE for that spot.

Well, at least ONE have now top 5 P4P boxer in the world...but that's a different story of course

Well, at least ONE have now top 5 P4P boxer in the world...but that's a different story of course

Scratch that, I think M-1 and ONE might be #6. PFL has a good case for #5 or #4 too. I personally watch it over Bellator.

I'm not sure ONE's deal with Srisaket is permanent tho. He's supposed to be fighting Estrada in the US next year when his time comes up.

It doesn't really matter how you rank M-1 in Russia. The UFC is just using them to cut through the bureaucracy and make their Russian entry cheaper and easier.

I'm not sure ONE's deal with Srisaket is permanent tho. He's supposed to be fighting Estrada in the US next year when his time comes up.

I'm pretty sure he will stick with them for Thailand shows. Mixed shows will be more success there than MMA events IMO.

Plus last time he got just $150K+.
ONE can pay them Askren money ($300K+) and he will be satisfied already...

This is interesting, but I'd rather see the ACB guys go over to the UFC.

This is interesting, but I'd rather see the ACB guys go over to the UFC.

Your wish might be granted sooner than you think, since ACB might be on a way to go belly up...

The UFC is just using them to cut through the bureaucracy and make their Russian entry cheaper and easier.

Not just "cheaper and easier" - possible.

It's really hard for foreign organization to land in Russia - their bureaucracy is not just complicated, it's corrupted and hostile.
Without someone like M-1, it would've been literally impossible for the UFC to find their niche. Their attempts to create an event there would've been simply sabotaged.

Lol what? ACB is (or was) easily the #2 or #3 org in the world as far as talent and roster is concerned. They routinely put Bellator to shame and made good case for whether it was #2. M-1 is barely Top #5 or #6 and has to contend with ONE for that spot. PFL might be better than M-1 too.
Well they've recently cancelled events due to financial struggles so maybe no longer fella.

maybe thats why M1 is still there. is the worst of the tree, and since they receive state support, they dont struggle to be competitive....would be better UFC would just buy them
Well as far as I understand M-1 is backed by Vadim and private org called "Северный Десант" (who also sponsors a lot of Russian fighters like Fedor, for example). While owner of FNG is in jail for stealing money from government and there is rumors that ACB takes money from budget of Chechnya. I mean, compared to those 2 M-1 looks like a private promotion backed by private people.
And secret for relationship between UFC and M-1 - I think Oleinik said it, that M-1 exist nearly 20 years while other Russian promotions are dead in a few years (FNG and ACB are both cancelling their events and has problems while existing less than a 7 years if I'm not wrong). And head of FNG himself said that Emelianenko-Maldonado was good for reputation and bad in terms of profit (I think he said that they lost millions or billions because of this event) and I think owner of ACB said that they spend more money on promotion than what they receive back from selling tickets and TV rights (or from whatever mma promotions get their money). While I think Vadim said the same but he is able to open an M-1 TV channel in Russia, get broadcasts on their website and on youtube and | think he has TV deals in Europe and North and South America.
Also, recent example - ACB announced that they are making their last event a PPV - I've seen comments like these idiots has problems and fuck ups on every live broadcasts of their live evnts and now they ask you to pay to watch their shitty broadcasts and from what I understand this is what happened on this event - after the start of the event their website went down and they let people watch this PPV event for free.

Last edited:
And also from what I've seen from reading discussions about promotions in Russian - Vadim puts his own money into M-1 so he stay away from stuff like overpaying for a retired mma fighter or for a guy who is not very good but fought in UFC/Bellator (other guys from Russian promotions are willing to bring big names and pay them big money, but them after few events or in a few years either they lost interest in mma, they faces problems with money or they are in prison), owners of FNG/ACB/WFCA also owns gyms so that raises questions is their champions is legit or they get preferable matchcups and nod from judges because they trains at owners gym and are friends with him.,
Also, forgot to mention, M-1 also opened M-1 arena (from what I understand FNG and ACB doesn't own any stuff like that).

Vadim puts his own money into M-1 so he stay away from stuff like overpaying for a retired mma fighter or for a guy who is not very good but fought in UFC/Bellator (other guys from Russian promotions are willing to bring big names and pay them big money, but them after few events or in a few years either they lost interest in mma, they faces problems with money or they are in prison)

Who are you referring to? Stuff like you desrcribe can happen to anybody, not just guys from UFC/Bellator.
And M-1 not bringing veterans (or not wanting to pay them sufficient sum of money) leads to the result, that their fighters are unproven, unknown, unranked.
Most recent example - ACB brought guys like Mizugaki and Makovsky: top 20 fighters in their respective divisions, and not very expensive ones. Their signing made BW and FLW divisions of ACB much deeper. Does M-1 really not have enough money for these two? I'm sure they have , but they keep it to themselves.

However, it's easier not to take care of evolution of your own fighters and your own org, when you have a weapon that can bring your opponents down.

Who are you referring to? Stuff like you desrcribe can happen to anybody, not just guys from UFC/Bellator.
And M-1 not bringing veterans (or not wanting to pay them sufficient sum of money) leads to the result, that their fighters are unproven, unknown, unranked.
Most recent example - ACB brought guys like Mizugaki and Makovsky: top 20 fighters in their respective divisions, and not very expensive ones. Their signing made BW and FLW divisions of ACB much deeper. Does M-1 really not have enough money for these two? I'm sure they have , but they keep it to themselves.

However, it's easier not to take care of evolution of your own fighters and your own org, when you have a weapon that can bring your opponents down.
If I'm not wrong - Gonzaga annouced his retirement and move to boxing and said something like that he will return only for a shitload of money and he fought in RCC (if I'm not wrong), I think FNG overpayed for a lot of fighters like Maldonado, Paul Harris and other guys.
And yet look at record of M-1 champions in UFC - Volkov, Taisumov, Rashid Magomedov and compare it to ACB champions.
M-1 introduced FLW like a year or two ago and signing Mizugaki and giving him fights - I don't know, not very smart and probably sadistic decision in my eyes. And M-1 has Riggs and Brazilian ex-UFC guys. Plus, honestly I would prefer to watch something like Shlemenko vs. Tokov/Emeev (good Russian fighter against other good Russian) instead of Russian crushing 50 year old can from US/Brazil/Japan.
Weapon = UFC? Well, FNG had their events on Fight Pass and ACB owner bragged that UFC offered them a showing on Fight Pass and that that offer was the best offer that were offered to a promotion from Russia.

It's probably a good thing since a lot of these eastern europeans in the UFC are lucky to get two fights a year in the UFC .

Well as far as I understand M-1 is backed by Vadim and private org called "Северный Десант" (who also sponsors a lot of Russian fighters like Fedor, for example). While owner of FNG is in jail for stealing money from government and there is rumors that ACB takes money from budget of Chechnya. I mean, compared to those 2 M-1 looks like a private promotion backed by private people.
And secret for relationship between UFC and M-1 - I think Oleinik said it, that M-1 exist nearly 20 years while other Russian promotions are dead in a few years (FNG and ACB are both cancelling their events and has problems while existing less than a 7 years if I'm not wrong). And head of FNG himself said that Emelianenko-Maldonado was good for reputation and bad in terms of profit (I think he said that they lost millions or billions because of this event) and I think owner of ACB said that they spend more money on promotion than what they receive back from selling tickets and TV rights (or from whatever mma promotions get their money). While I think Vadim said the same but he is able to open an M-1 TV channel in Russia, get broadcasts on their website and on youtube and | think he has TV deals in Europe and North and South America.
Also, recent example - ACB announced that they are making their last event a PPV - I've seen comments like these idiots has problems and fuck ups on every live broadcasts of their live evnts and now they ask you to pay to watch their shitty broadcasts and from what I understand this is what happened on this event - after the start of the event their website went down and they let people watch this PPV event for free.
Also remembered one of the bad aspects of ACB for what their receives crap - fighters refuses to fight each other, if I'm not wrong it was Bataev or Raisov who said that he refuses to fight another Chechen, fight between Tumenov and Berkhamov got cancelled like what, 2 or 3 times (and both fighters said that they don't like to fight each other and instigate hatred between their ethnicities). In M-1 same stuff happened years ago, they tried to make Taisumov-Khamaev, one of them got injured and he or his opponent said that they are just a gew Chechens on this planet and they should not fight each other.

both fighters said that they don't like to fight each other and instigate hatred between their ethnicities

That's interesting. Can you find a source for it pls? I'd really like to read about it

Back