Lyoto vs Davis 2 Sept.11th Bellator 245

Switch the Zingano/Hollowy fight with the Carvalho/Polizzi fight and you have a solid main event. MMA promotions need to stop shoving WMMA down the viewers throats, unless its Cyborg or Ilima-lei, these WMMA matches should be in the prelims or opening the main card, not in the co-main event. Here you get literally UFC discarded fighters co-main eventing in Bellator.

I think they just figure people know Zingano since she fought Ronda on a PPV with 600k buys.

MAIN CARD (Paramount, DAZN, 10 p.m. ET)

• Phil Davis (205.7) vs. Lyoto Machida (205.3)
  • Gabrielle Holloway (150.7) vs. Cat Zingano (145.9)
  • Taylor Johnson (185.7) vs. Ed Ruth (185.1)
  • Raymond Daniels (169.7) vs. Peter Stanonik (166.6)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 8:15 p.m. ET)

• Rafael Carvalho (205.8) vs. Alex Polizzi (203.6)
  • Amanda Bell (149) vs. Leslie Smith (145.7)
  • Tyrell Fortune (251.1) vs. Jack May (259.8)
  • Keith Lee (140.7) vs. Vinicius Zani (143.2)

I think they just figure people know Zingano since she fought Ronda on a PPV with 600k buys.
I mean, I know Zingano has good names on her record but honestly, how many people wants to see her fight in the co-main? I might be biased because I am very much not into WMMA save for Cybrog, Nunes, and Valentina, I could really careless about the rest.

I mean, I know Zingano has good names on her record but honestly, how many people wants to see her fight in the co-main? I might be biased because I am very much not into WMMA save for Cybrog, Nunes, and Valentina, I could really careless about the rest.

I know a lot of people on here don't really like WMMA but the numbers tend to do okay. If they didn't think it would draw they wouldn't put it so high up the card. They clearly think more people are going to tune in to watch Cat Zingano than Alex Polizzi and they're probably right.

I'm probably the biggest Polizzi nuthugger on the board but it is what it is.

20161104053742_1DX_5065.JPG

Is your body ready @trentkelp

I know a lot of people on here don't really like WMMA but the numbers tend to do okay. If they didn't think it would draw they wouldn't put it so high up the card. They clearly think more people are going to tune in to watch Cat Zingano than Alex Polizzi and they're probably right.

Well, the thing is that they probably paid Polizzi good money to sign for Bellator instead of the UFC, so Im assuming Bellator has high hopes for him, otherwise he wouldnt have been thrown right into the mix. I think its a waste to have Polizzi vs a former champ in the prelims because this would be a good opportunity to showcase Polizzi and establish him as a future contender if he wins. Same thing with Borics, Amasov, and Fortune they should be in the main card, but MMA promotions are trying their best to shove WMMA down our throats.

BTW, I think by the end of the week more people will be on Polizzi, he is pretty legit, there is nothing wrong with having our favorite fighters lmao. Im a bit biased towards Neiman Gracie, too BTW but fortunately he has the last name to be in the main card.

Who was wearing butt floss one piece vs. black girl?

Going to try to catch Kevin Lee's bro on Bellator app prelims.

I want machida to win so we can have machida vs nemkov for the belt rather than a possible davis rematch

I want machida to win so we can have machida vs nemkov for the belt rather than a possible davis rematch

Machida vs Nemkov would be cool. If Davis wins, I'd rather see him fight someone else to get a title shot. I honestly don't care about any fights Davis is in.

So for this fight they went threw 5 names...Solid names and in the end it came down to May or a Fat 9-0 LFA kid. Tyrell went with May because he has fought in all the big shows. Bellator, UFC, and PFL. Fortune went with the toughest fight when he did not have to. (remember he want Roy Nelson for this one)

I think May is a Dangerous fighter, he is easily 280lbs who can strike! Fast hands for a 6'8 280lbs man. Fought in both UFV and K-1 and Glory. True Veteran. If he hits Tyrell square it could be very dangerous. This is NO gimme fight.

So for this fight they went threw 5 names...Solid names and in the end it came down to May or a Fat 9-0 LFA kid. Tyrell went with May because he has fought in all the big shows. Bellator, UFC, and PFL. Fortune went with the toughest fight when he did not have to. (remember he want Roy Nelson for this one)

I think May is a Dangerous fighter, he is easily 280lbs who can strike! Fast hands for a 6'8 280lbs man. Fought in both UFV and K-1 and Glory. True Veteran. If he hits Tyrell square it could be very dangerous. This is NO gimme fight.

The dude got knocked out by Alex Nicholson.

Back