• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lyoto: "Maybe I am not fighting Jones because they want him as the champion"

what a ridiculous comment machida easily hurt jones the most out of all his fights

when was that?

Machida really has nothing for Jones. His only chance against Jones is to avoid fighting him, he wouldn't even engage. A rematch would be a disaster. Most likely scenario is that Jones finishes Machida again or wins a decision, if Machida won a decision vs Jones it would be the most boring fight in UFC history.

I think this would prove his point if anything.
You're not really going there, are you?
Did you see anything in Machida's game vs Davis that was a threat to Jones other than a lucky flash KO puncher's chance?

I'd love to see the justifications for a Machida/Bones rematch now.

As I've said a thousand times, only new and exciting matchups, please.

The Bones vs Rashad fight was more competitive.

You know, you might be onto something.

I think it has something to do with... I dunno... Rashad not getting brutally choked out in the second round.

:icon_lol:

I am a machida fan but jones is the heavy favorite. I gotta give machida points for having a great first round against jones compared to everybody else at that time. Yet one great round doesn't mean you can take out the champ.

Yeah Gus is more deserving. Even though he got injured for his title eliminator. Even though his last win is Shogun, who's last two wins were Forrest and Vera. Even though, the guy he beat was beaten by the guy Lyoto beat to get the number one spot.

Yeah Gus is more deserving. Even though he got injured for his title eliminator. Even though his last win is Shogun, who's last two wins were Forrest and Vera. Even though, the guy he beat was beaten by the guy Lyoto beat to get the number one spot.

....even though Machida got beat at his own game last night?

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

hahaha right on the money

AgW470dCQAA5VRv.jpg

Maybe that's why

Freaking hilarious. He beat a 100 year old Coutour an extremely soft chin Badar then should have lost to a 40+ year old Hendo and lost to Davis. So that is what the #1 contender is supposed to look like lmao

Freaking hilarious. He beat a 100 year old Coutour an extremely soft chin Badar then should have lost to a 40+ year old Hendo and lost to Davis. So that is what the #1 contender is supposed to look like lmao

He definitely didn't lose to Hendo, and should have got the decision over Davis. What did either of them do to win the fight? Machida landed nearly every significant strike, a few empty takedowns shouldn't give the other guy a win.

Yes, Jones beat Machida, but let's not pretend that Machida wasn't giving Jones problems.

He definitely didn't lose to Hendo, and should have got the decision over Davis. What did either of them do to win the fight? Machida landed nearly every significant strike, a few empty takedowns shouldn't give the other guy a win.

Yes, Jones beat Machida, but let's not pretend that Machida wasn't giving Jones problems.

Hendo vs Machida was a shitfest and a coin toss who won.

Jones took a round to figure Machida out and then beat the shit out of him.

You might as well as say that Okami was giving Silva problems for round 1.

As a Machida fan, I just don't want to see him get beat up so badly again. Jones demolished him.

Jones already said he was going to move up to heavyweight. Machida should just wait until someone is champion that he stands a chance at beating.

Jones is on another level and has too much reach for that awesome patty-cake strategy machida uses.

I don't think being choked unconscious like that is good for the brain. I am concerned for his safety is all. He was right to turn down the fight when Dana offered it. I wouldn't want to fight Jones again either. It must be scary.

He acts like he completely whupped on Jones last time. It's weird.

Watch the takedown then talk

Oh, yeah. I was just commenting on what I figured may have happened since I hadn't seen the fight yet. You'll have much more constructive and pleasant conversations if you don't respond with this condescending nonsense. I don't even know what the hell your point is. Are you saying Jones didn't catch him standing? Are you saying Jones didn't take him down easily there?

As a Machida fan, I just don't want to see him get beat up so badly again. Jones demolished him.

Jones already said he was going to move up to heavyweight. Machida should just wait until someone is champion that he stands Ia chance at beating.

Jones is on another level and has too much reach for that awesome patty-cake strategy machida uses.

I don't think being choked unconscious like that is good for the brain. I am concerned for his safety is all. He was right to turn down the fight when Dana offered it. I wouldn't want to fight Jones again either. It must be scary.
Lmao!!
Oh man, I don't know if you're being sincere but hilarious nonetheless

Back