• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lyoto: "Maybe I am not fighting Jones because they want him as the champion"

DaviVasco

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Full interview in portuguese
http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...eira-o-jon-jones-mais-tempo-como-campeao.html

Basically he said he was frustrated by the fact he was the contender number 1 and got the fight with Phil Davis because he was told Bones was injured. However few days later Gus got the title shot.

Then when asked why UFC did that, he was emphatic: " Maybe they want him as the champion for a longer period of time" .

What do you guys think??

I think Lyoto has a chance of beating Jones. IF it was not that elbow, I think he would eventually beat Jones. That nasty cut messed up with Lyoto's head, literally, lol

Wait, Lyoto actually thinks he has a chance against Jones? Ahahahahaha, he's a funny guy, I've got to give him that.

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

If Jones didn't outstrike Shogun like 100-5, Shogun might still be the champ.

Maybe its because he already defeated you...

Lyoto is probably Jones' toughest test at 205, but let's not forget Jones beat him standing, the lone advantage Lyoto was supposed to have. It's more interesting seeing a new guy fight Jones than someone he finished in under two rounds.

Wait, Lyoto actually thinks he has a chance against Jones? Ahahahahaha, he's a funny guy, I've got to give him that.

Lyoto has a chance. He has a good chance on top of that. I wouldn't say that he'd be the favorite, but to disregard him is wrong.

Shots fired.

Unfortunately, Machiha needs to go the Chael route to get noticed.

...Really Lyoto

just wow, I'm not saying Lyoto doesn't have chance everyone always has a chance.

Lyoto, I love ya. But you're wrong on this one. Gus was a fresh, deserving contender. So will Glover be. End of story.

He had a chance to fight Jones again but turned it down.

Its well known that Jones is not very interested in fighting Lyoto again yet, so of course Gus vs Jones was a most appealing fight business wise. However, since Bones doesnt see Cormier as relevant at all right now, Lyoto might very well get his rematch vs Bones if he tools Davis tomorrow.

Another scenario would be Jones requesting a fight vs Glover after he dismantles Bader, and Lyoto would end up welcoming Cormier to the lhw div.

he`s just creating a story about him getting a title shot again, he started playing the media game. He even started learning english to help him with that.

There is simply no interest in seeing Lyoto fight JBJ again.

Lyoto's gonna have to wait until Jones moves up to HW.

Maybe they don't want to see Machidas humiliated again.

In before landing 8 punches in 5 minutes while your opponent lands 8 also = dominating.

Its well known that Jones is not very interested in fighting Lyoto again yet, so of course Gus vs Jones was a most appealing fight business wise. However, since Bones doesnt see Cormier as relevant at all right now, Lyoto might very well get his rematch vs Bones if he tools Davis tomorrow.

Another scenario would be Jones requesting a fight vs Glover after he dismantles Bader, and Lyoto would end up welcoming Cormier to the lhw div.

DC should definitely fight Glover or Machida before getting a shot at Jon, I'd prefer Machida, I think that'd be a tougher challenge for DC, but either or is fine.

As for Machida, he lost once in a very decisive fashion. He and Glover are next in line, so he'll get his chance to lose again soon if he beats Davis.

im not going to go as far as saying jones is ducking machida but so far he's said:

oh i beat him already

oh i want fresh blood

oh i want gus to prove reach isnt the reason i win

oh i want someone else because machida didnt pull good ppv numbers

machida has been #1 forever and is one of the few people who has a chance to beat jones at lhw

what's next jones is gonna say

oh no i cant fight chida im moving to HW! lol

Back