LW Isn't The Killer Division It Once Was ( Khabib And Conor are Both Over - Rated )

You read the title right.

Conor got special treatment in his fights and seems to have allot of favorable circumstances surrounding some of his biggest fights. He fought a wide array of fighters that he was much bigger then and once facing someone slightly bigger he lost / had a tough fight that could of went either way.

Khabib is undefeated and I would put his best win down as RDA, which was a solid win but he won the belt from facing someone outside the top ten or barely top ten ( depending on your rankings ).

The LW division is so weak that :
- Anthony Pettis who is 3 - 5 in his last eight fights is still ranked 8th in the division.
- Tony Ferguson who has fought about twice in three years is ranked 2nd.
- Conor Mcgregor is ranked 1st after being stripped of the belt and hasn't fought in 2 years and has fought only once in the LW division.
- Al laquinta who has fought twice in three years and went 1 -1 in those two fights is ranked in the top 10

Both are tough fighters and so are some of the others I mention but the LW division doesn't exactly have all the killers it once had.

Folks .... the UFC LW division isn't what it once was.

I hate Conor for his dick-tucking bullshit behaviour, but lets be honest, the guy puts on a show and he's no slouch when it comes time to back up his mouth.

Oh don't get me wrong...Khabib is going to rape him...but saying that LW is weak because Conor cowardly ass-fucked it and CucayTard dicktucked a real contenders match by faking an injury...doesn't make the div weak

I hate Conor for his dick-tucking bullshit behaviour, but lets be honest, the guy puts on a show and he's no slouch when it comes time to back up his mouth.

Oh don't get me wrong...Khabib is going to rape him...but saying that LW is weak because Conor cowardly ass-fucked it and CucayTard dicktucked a real contenders match by faking an injury...doesn't make the div weak

Conor is a great self promoter .... and the current situations had little to do with my conclusion. The division has a guy that has fought once in it ranked number 1. A guy who beat the 10th / 11th ranked guy to win the belt. A fighter who is 3 - 5 in his last eight fights ranked 8th. UFC is willing to let the 4th ranked guy in the division go to Bellator who happens to be on a two fight skid. The division is weak compared to what it once was.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-02-at-12.08.14-PM.png

U sure LW division ain't exciting? That's like one of the most stacked, will get better once max joins

It is kind of hard to overrate someone who has yet to lose and has the belt.

Lol puts on a show this is what happens when he faces regular humans
GettyImages-513971532.jpg

also
eaj1ft.gif

The 155 division right now is the most stacked division in the history of the sport, what are you talking about.
There are absolute murderers that aren't even ranked in the top 15 because there is no space.

The fact that a former champion that seemed invincible 3 years ago, now is 3-5 in his last 8 fights, tells you what kind of shark tank the division is.

Frankie Edgar isn't even the best featherweight, but he was champion at 155 without even cutting weight, and you want to tell us that at the time the division was better?
THis right here ^^

I agree. The Motown Phenom will make that bum division great again

#GOAT

I agree Kevin Lee is probably going to be the best 155er. He was overmatched against Tony, but he also had a staph infection. I think another 1-2 years (assuming he can keep making weight) and he'll be the 155 champ.

I agree Kevin Lee is probably going to be the best 155er. He was overmatched against Tony, but he also had a staph infection. I think another 1-2 years (assuming he can keep making weight) and he'll be the 155 champ.
Um Lee is a WW eventually he prob is forced up he can't defeat the scales, but his GNP is good

The numerous, tangled title situations took a lot of steam out of it, but hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

TS is fucking defensive

not worth getting into a debate with such an incurious and uncharitable person

why start a thread if you already know all the answers? You’re not a professor ffs

yeah yeah Maynard and Henderson would just run straight through today’s top guys

I get nostalgic, too, but

yeesh

Dustin,
Eddie,
Conor,
Khabib,
Kevin Lee,
Tony Ferguson,
Justin Gaethje,
Gillespie,
Felder,
Vick,
Barboza,
Pettis,
Iaquinta (Disagree but he is a top talented fighter)
Makachev

I would disagree with you here, sir.

TS is fucking defensive

not worth getting into a debate with such an incurious and uncharitable person

why start a thread if you already know all the answers? You’re not a professor ffs

yeah yeah Maynard and Henderson would just run straight through today’s top guys

I get nostalgic, too, but

yeesh

Relax and make your case. Were you expecting me to change my mind ? I am open to be the possibility .. lets hear your case.

Dustin,
Eddie,
Conor,
Khabib,
Kevin Lee,
Tony Ferguson,
Justin Gaethje,
Gillespie,
Felder,
Vick,
Barboza,
Pettis,
Iaquinta (Disagree but he is a top talented fighter)
Makachev

I would disagree with you here, sir.

I never said it wasn't exciting .. it's just not where it use to be.
- You have a guy that never fought in two yeas as the number one contender. ( Conor )
- UFC is willing to let the Third ranked fighter in the LW division go elsewhere because he is past his prime ( Eddie )
- You have the champion who won the belt from the 11th ranked guy ( Khabib )
- You have the 10th ranked fighter who hasn't fought in over two years ( Nate Diaz )
- You have Pettis who is 3 - 5 ranked 8th and is in reach of a title shot

Those are all tough guys on that list but if the division is so good then how are all these fighters able to hold their spots while not fighting.
Why is the UFC willing to let go the third ranked fighter in the division. ... ..

The division ( while still exciting ) isn't what it use to be.

Relax and make your case. Were you expecting me to change my mind ? I am open to be the possibility .. lets hear your case.

I never said it wasn't exciting .. it's just not where it use to be.
- You have a guy that never fought in two yeas as the number one contender. ( Conor )
- UFC is willing to let the Third ranked fighter in the LW division go elsewhere because he is past his prime ( Eddie )
- You have the champion who won the belt from the 11th ranked guy ( Khabib )
- You have the 10th ranked fighter who hasn't fought in over two years ( Nate Diaz )
- You have Pettis who is 3 - 5 ranked 8th and is in reach of a title shot

Those are all tough guys on that list but if the division is so good then how are all these fighters able to hold their spots while not fighting.
Why is the UFC willing to let go the third ranked fighter in the division. ... ..

The division ( while still exciting ) isn't what it use to be.

If the question is why are they letting Eddie go, then thats an entirely different convo
The UFC has been letting their older fighters go to Bellator, and it has been biting them in the back every single time.
I dont think Eddie will be going to Bellator though, according to Scott Coker

Back