LW Isn't The Killer Division It Once Was ( Khabib And Conor are Both Over - Rated )

If the question is why are they letting Eddie go, then thats an entirely different convo
The UFC has been letting their older fighters go to Bellator, and it has been biting them in the back every single time.
I dont think Eddie will be going to Bellator though, according to Scott Coker

Same convo .... Eddie may not be going to Bellator bur UFC is allowing him to go where-ever he chooses. If the LW division was so stacked why would they let their third ranked fighter leave for ? Eddie is on a decline and is still ranked third. Nate who always been a 1 -1 fighter and hasn't fought in 2 + years is ranked 10th. Conor who has fought a total of 1 time at LW ... TWO YEARS AGO ... is the number 1 ranked contender. If the division was so hot then these guys wouldn't be able to hold their spots at the top.

Here's the thing about divisions. When you make the claim that one fighter is overrated, it automatically makes everyone else in the division overrated as well because all their ratings are based on their fights with each other. If I say fighter A is overrated, and he has fought fighter B, fighter B automatically becomes overrated no matter what the outcome of the fight because he either got crushed by a can or beat a can. That's why these arguments are so dumb.

It's better than ever in terms of top talent, but handled horribly.

This is the right answer.

The overall depth of skill and athletic talent at 155 is among the best in the sport and arguably the highest of all time right now.

LW is one of the best divisions in the UFC atm. MW-HW is ruled by a bunch of 40 year old dinosaurs.
TS is smoking crack.

Here's the thing about divisions. When you make the claim that one fighter is overrated, it automatically makes everyone else in the division overrated as well because all their ratings are based on their fights with each other. If I say fighter A is overrated, and he has fought fighter B, fighter B automatically becomes overrated no matter what the outcome of the fight because he either got crushed by a can or beat a can. That's why these arguments are so dumb.

I don't think I used the word over-rated but I do believe the division isn't what it once was. Conor ... Khabib .. Nate ect are all tough fighters and all ranked in the top 10. One is the champion who won the belt from the 11th ranked guy. The other two haven't fought in two years and one only once in the division. Its hard to say a division is full with killers when inactive fighters hold the top spots on the roster. If the division was so full of killers then an inactive fighter would have no chance in holding their position.

LW is one of the best divisions in the UFC atm. MW-HW is ruled by a bunch of 40 year old dinosaurs.
TS is smoking crack.
I never said it wasn't one of the best .... I said it isn't what it once was.

LW is better than it's ever been.

I disagree .... LW is filled with champions and stripped champions and yesterdays talent. No-one knows who the real champion is .... Conor claims to be because he was stripped and never lost his belt in competition. Tony Fergusion was out due to injury and not for long but was also stripped of his championship belt and we also have Khabib who is holding the " official " belt. Eddie / Nate / Pettis are past their prime but yet are still at the top of the division. Sure LW is exciting but it isn't on the same level as it once was. Edgar ( who is also past his prime ) could move back up and instantly be in the top 5 as well.

I disagree .... LW is filled with champions and stripped champions and yesterdays talent. No-one knows who the real champion is .... Conor claims to be because he was stripped and never lost his belt in competition. Tony Fergusion was out due to injury and not for long but was also stripped of his championship belt and we also have Khabib who is holding the " official " belt. Eddie / Nate / Pettis are past their prime but yet are still at the top of the division. Sure LW is exciting but it isn't on the same level as it once was. Edgar ( who is also past his prime ) could move back up and instantly be in the top 5 as well.

The talent pool has never been deeper.

We'll find out who the real champion is tomorrow.

Hilarious. The division has like 3 champs and a handful of promising contenders. Never been so deep ever.

The talent pool has never been deeper.

We'll find out who the real champion is tomorrow.

B.J. Penn / Pettis / Benson / Maynard / Pettis / Nate Diaz / Edgar / Diego ... .. the list goes on ... LW was a tougher division in the past. Nate beat Conor .... anyone of the previous mentioned fighters would be a favorite against Conor when they were in their primes. Edgar still would be favorite today and he is well past it.

No we won't find out tomorrow ...... tomorrow we find out who wins Khabib or Conor ..... we still have the stripped champion Tony F. who has a claim to being champion as well.

B.J. Penn / Pettis / Benson / Maynard / Pettis / Nate Diaz / Edgar / Diego ... .. the list goes on ... LW was a tougher division in the past. Nate beat Conor .... anyone of the previous mentioned fighters would be a favorite against Conor when they were in their primes. Edgar still would be favorite today and he is well past it.

No we won't find out tomorrow ...... tomorrow we find out who wins Khabib or Conor ..... we still have the stripped champion Tony F. who has a claim to being champion as well.

lol man you're living in the past.
That's fine if you want to think that, but Conor would kill all those guys.
Styles make fights. Nate has a beatable style. but is stylistically a tough fight for Conor.
LOL at thinking any version of Gray Maynard beats Conor.
Prime Diego beats Conor?
LOL

lol man you're living in the past.
That's fine if you want to think that, but Conor would kill all those guys.
Styles make fights. Nate has a beatable style. but is stylistically a tough fight for Conor.
LOL at thinking any version of Gray Maynard beats Conor.
Prime Diego beats Conor?
LOL

I never said they would beat him ... I said they would be a favorite over him in their primes.

Prime Diego would be a huge favorite over Conor. Both Diaz brothers fight the same style with Nick being the better of the two. Diego beat Nick ........And Conor lost to Nate. A in his prime Diego takes Conor down and keeps him there until the fight is over.

Maynard I am not so sure about as Conor may crack his chin but make no mistake about it ... Maynard in his prime gives Conor all he can handle.

I never said they would beat him ... I said they would be a favorite over him in their primes.

Prime Diego would be a huge favorite over Conor. Both Diaz brothers fight the same style with Nick being the better of the two. Diego beat Nick ........And Conor lost to Nate. A in his prime Diego takes Conor down and keeps him there until the fight is over.

Maynard I am not so sure about as Conor may crack his chin but make no mistake about it ... Maynard in his prime gives Conor all he can handle.

Show me an oddsmaker that would put ANY version of Diego as a favorite over Conor and I'll show you a crack head posing as an oddsmaker looking to steal your money and bounce.

You must not think very highly of Conor if you think he'd be an underdog against Maynard or Diego LOL

Back