Lusst, we need an...

There's some big guy here named Jack and he says he was in Strongman this weekend in Houston and can't remember his login name/password...wants to use my acct to ask questions.

Does he have two middle aged women with him?

LMAO, thanks for the support...assholes.

I'll have to either wait for the results to be posted at the NAS website, or take my ass home and grab my paper log. Until then, my results will be pulled from memory.

I had a blast, and actually thinking about doing the one in Mesquite, TX on April 19th.

Pictures inc...

Impressions

I had 9, but I didn't wait for the "Down" command, therefore, fucking myself. I think 1st place had 11.

Total reps: 8

axle1ck3.jpg

axle2ll9.jpg

axle3uu8.jpg

Impressions

I think I did well on this event, considering I have never touched a yoke or FW implement before this event. I had to puke 20 minutes after I finished.

I dropped the yoke once, and dropped the FW once...which scratched the dogshit out of my ankles. The sled was okay until the very end, I really had to dig deep to get the time I wanted.

yoke1ex2.jpg

yoke2wy9.jpg

farmerwalkkn6.jpg

sledel2.jpg

Impressions

I felt good about this one - although I had a little trouble getting it started. I was told by the Pros to keep my feet together, lean as far forward as I could, and pull the rope while pushing with my legs.

The first thing I did was stagger my feet to get it moving...big mistake. Once I got my groove, it all felt natural. I believe I ended up 4 or 5 seconds behind the leader.

I need to work on the start, and keeping low, low, low during the whole pull. I popped up a couple of times and it cost me.

The rock climbing shoes I bought the day before made all the difference.

truckpull1od6.jpg

truckpull2rv4.jpg

Impressions

This event came pretty natural - I opted to go without a belt, because after asking a fellow competitor how the belt felt, he replied "If I could do it again, I'd take that fucker off".

I think I ended up at about 187 feet, not sure what the leader had, but I'm pretty sure it was damn near 100 more feet that I could carry it.

conan1xz1.jpg

conan2za4.jpg

conan3mb3.jpg

conan4kp6.jpg

That's badass. Looks like it was a pretty fun time from the pictures. Nice work

edit: Whoops looks like I broke the chain of picture posts :redface:

Awesome man! Considering its the first time you did most of those events you did damn good I think.

Funny Im one of the first one responding, guess all the other S&P fuckers got to sleep late.

Grats on the strong finish Russt!

Impressions

These felt pretty natural once I had them in my lap. I loaded the first 3 in around 20 seconds, but the 4th one just wouldn't do what I wanted it to do.

A good tip that I learned (after my turn) is to have another blob of tacky sitting on your tricep, so that when you get to the point where your hand is more grit than grip, reach over and apply some extra tacky to your hands.

I was told that if I loaded all 5, I would definitely place in the contest, so I was frustrated that I couldn't complete the stones in the time limit.

I ended up having the time of my life, so will most definitely be sticking with this sport. The fact that I didn't place, but got close gives me one hell of a motivational boost - so it's time to step up my training.

Here is me with Roger Ortmayer, a producer of the meet, father of a pro strongman, and one hell of a nice guy. The best part is that at 61, he's still stronger than most of the LW (and HW) competitors that showed up. Come to think of it, he pulled the fire truck (without warming up) faster than all but two of the LWs.

I hope I have half of his steel when I reach his age.

rogergf7.jpg

2 days later I feel pretty beat up: My back is sore as hell, and my right shoulder hurts when I elevate my arm up. I'll hopefully be over this by the week's end, but I'll need all the rest, rehab, and fishoil I can get.

Thanks to my S&P family who helped me make the transition to this sport, and helping me out with my training. Special thanks to Ascendant for exchanging emails, posts, and talking to me on the phone for over 30 minutes while on his way to work. The guy is full of sound advice.

I think it's worth mentioning at this point that my brother provided me a place to stay, a ride everywhere I needed to go, and stayed his white ass out in the sun for the whole competition (11AM to 6PM), without a chair until the very last event.

I also clogged his toilet the following morning because his guest bathroom couldn't handle the girth of my turds. After 3 hours of surgery and a trip to Wal-Mart, I was able to repair what was functioning before my visit.

Nice work Lusst. The smile on the Conan's wheel is hilarious. It looks like you just thought of pie or something.

Great job mate! Sounds like you had a good time.

Congrats!
Seems like the first step is made. Now onwards to total domination!

Congrats dude!! Nice pics too. Like Graedy said...its cool that you took that step and now you know what you have to step up to make it higher. Mad props to you for the determination!

Back