Luke Rockhold Regrets Not Fighting Anderson Silva

Who would have won?

• Total voters
“I wish I would have had the chance to fight Anderson,” Rockhold told Major Waves Podcast (transcribed by Farah Hannoun). “Especially in that time, I think I would have beat him.

“There [were] promotional reasons. They didn’t see it quite right at that time. If I would have beat Vitor, then me and Anderson would have fought right away, straight away. But then I had to go reprove myself through the ranks after that loss.”

He did, quite emphatically I might add. After his loss to Belfort, Rockhold (16-5) fired off five straight wins — with five nasty finishes — including his UFC 194 dismantling of then-undefeated Chris Weidman. Silva would have been finished.

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/4/3/2...prime-promotional-reasons-kept-them-apart-mma
Ur too in luv with winner stat stuff. Look @ Rockhold now... a shell of a man. What's to cheer about... yaa freeway blogger.<Kpop775>

Lots of people stacking prime Luke against washes Anderson. Anderson, at the time Luke got punted by Vitor, would’ve starched Luke. Easily. Luke has a shit chin and Anderson would’ve found it.

Styles makes fights and I think AS wrecks Luke and makes it look easy. Luke has a serious gap in his boxing defense and I think AS uses his tricky but precise striking to matrix him to bolivia.

Pre-Weidman, Silva. Post-Weidman, Rockhold at the time he was champ.

Even old Anderson was a very sharp and accurate boxer. I think he finds Lukes chin in the middle of Luke throwing a sloppy kick. I think if they booked Luke vs Anderson today, Anderson would win even in his mid 40s. Chris and Luke have declined more over the last 5 years then Anderson has

Thank you Vitor Belfort, thank you for this amazing gift

PositiveSardonicIndigobunting-size_restricted.gif

LOL.

Rockhold never had great takedowns and Silva striking was leagues above.

Silva via KO

Darth Vader was past his prime when he lost to Luke.
Prime vs prime vs prime...how do we really know where Vader, Obi Wan, and Luke stack up?

The only way to settle it is by who was the best for the longest.

I wonder why he never talks about or attempted to rematch Yoel, who literally emasculated him?

You have to be crazy to think Silva would win that

To all those who voted AS you're wrong.

All the elite MW's from the mid to late 2010s would have beat AS. Same way they beat Weidman. Trtor lost to AS cause at that time AS was basically MMA jesus and Vitor was intimidated af giving AS time to set up a nice kick to the face.

Strikeforce was widely considered inferior but aside from Melendez at 155 they largely won the merger(only UFC competitor I'd say that's true of). Rockhold was probably the best MW in the world during AS's late reign as hard as that is for you to hear or accept.

Most of the top 5 MWs would beat a prime Anderson

The Luke that came from Vitor fight was still able to be touched but was able to absorb . That Luke wouldve buried that Anderson ( at that time). Post Branch Luke wouldve lost to just about anyone.....and did as much. His defense ( the lack there of)caught up with him and the wires connected to his brain from his jaw were /are just short circuit ed. He became a precautionary tale and a broken fighter.

Rockhold fighting Silva would’ve revitalized Anderson’s career because he would have murked him 7-10 years ago

Prime Anderson would have clowned him.

I feel you massively overrate Bisping..,,he went to war with 50 year old Hendo in his next fight ....Rockhold beats him 7/10 ....Weidman with a good chin likely wins 9/10 times imo

How would you envision Bisping beating Weidman? Ground game is all Weidman. Power? Weidman. Cardio and volume Bisping for sure.

If I could simulate this fight in my head I would imagine Weidman walking down Bisping the entire fight.

I disagree, respectfully of course. I think it would have been much closer than people tend to think. The wins Weidman and Rockhold had leading up to their title shots are of the same caliber of wins Bisping had during his entire UFC career.

Rockhold's best win on paper was Machida. Machida was old. Alternatively, Bisping beat Anderson, who was old. Who else for Rockhold... Boetsch, Costa? Bisping would have Bisping'd them via unanimous decision like he did to every fringe top 10-5 guy his whole career.

Weidman, what was his best fight leading up to the Anderson fight (which we can argue was a fluke)...Munoz? The snoozer with Maia? Weidman defended the belt against, what we can now say, are over the hill, post-roided contenders. Weren't Weidman's levels also a little iffy? He was about two inches from getting headkick KOd by Machida. Then he lost to Luke... who happened to lose to every contender, besides Branch, after he got KTFOd by Bisping. (Branch almost slept him btw)

I'm not overating Bisping, I'm bringing Weidman and Rockhold closer to Bisping's level because that's where they belong, especially Weidman. The 7/10 and 9/10 stuff, between these three especially, boggles my mind. It would be one thing if either of them kept winning after they lost the belt, but they didn't, they fell off hard.
Any win that either of them has against MW top ten is comparable to the wins Bisping has. Did they look great winning? Sure, but against who? And what happened when they fought the true elite?

How would I envision him beating Weidman? The same way he beats most of his opponents, by outpacing them. If Weidman beats him, he beats him like Chael did, by a razor thin controversial split decision. Not by a landslide 9/10 times. I think Parillo trained Bisping pieces Weidman up. Just my opinion, I know it's unpopular.

I disagree, respectfully of course. I think it would have been much closer than people tend to think. The wins Weidman and Rockhold had leading up to their title shots are of the same caliber of wins Bisping had during his entire UFC career.

Rockhold's best win on paper was Machida. Machida was old. Alternatively, Bisping beat Anderson, who was old. Who else for Rockhold... Boetsch, Costa? Bisping would have Bisping'd them via unanimous decision like he did to every fringe top 10-5 guy his whole career.

Weidman, what was his best fight leading up to the Anderson fight (which we can argue was a fluke)...Munoz? The snoozer with Maia? Weidman defended the belt against, what we can now say, are over the hill, post-roided contenders. Weren't Weidman's levels also a little iffy? He was about two inches from getting headkick KOd by Machida. Then he lost to Luke... who happened to lose to every contender, besides Branch, after he got KTFOd by Bisping. (Branch almost slept him btw)

I'm not overating Bisping, I'm bringing Weidman and Rockhold closer to Bisping's level because that's where they belong, especially Weidman. The 7/10 and 9/10 stuff, between these three especially, boggles my mind. It would be one thing if either of them kept winning after they lost the belt, but they didn't, they fell off hard.
Any win that either of them has against MW top ten is comparable to the wins Bisping has. Did they look great winning? Sure, but against who? And what happened when they fought the true elite?

How would I envision him beating Weidman? The same way he beats most of his opponents, by outpacing them. If Weidman beats him, he beats him like Chael did, by a razor thin controversial split decision. Not by a landslide 9/10 times. I think Parillo trained Bisping pieces Weidman up. Just my opinion, I know it's unpopular.
Weidman and Rockhold fell hard to fighters Bisping wanted no part of .... Weidman beat Gastulum .... how’d Bisping do against him .....Rockhold beat Jacare as well ... Rockhold beat Kennedy who dominated Bisping......Rockhold and Weidman clearly above Bisping imo ..... But you have every right to your opinion

Silva would've KO'd Luke imo, hell, even today I think Silva would most likely KO Rockhold, simply because Rockhold chin is shot to hell, and Silva's precision is still there.

Prime for Prime, again, Silva thrashes Like but this time makes it look easy. Just my opinion.

Back