Luke Rockhold Regrets Not Fighting Anderson Silva

Who would have won?

• Total voters
IDK

The best Rockhold we saw was the one who fought The Chris.

As good as Rockhold was in the striking department, he just wasn't as crafty as Anderson Silva. A lot of that shit Luke threw would've been avoided by Silva easily.

And I've honestly always thought Rockhold had shit takedowns.

I'd give the nod to Anderson Sllva. If Luke Rockhold somehow managed to get him to the ground I def think Rockhold had a chance.

Larry landed a short notice lucky punch after Luke finished him with one arm the first time. Then got KO'd in a fight where he won a decision against old Anderson. Ping ain't on their level ,never was.

I wouldn't say Bisping was on another level, but I also wouldn't call it a total fluke. It's not like Luke was dominating Bisping up until the point where he got tagged, and I think Bisping was landing more with his right hand if I remember correctly. Sure, Luke won the first fight, you can also reasonably argue that there was an outcome-altering headbutt if you really want to. Nothing lucky about the punch, it's evident if you watch any of the material that was filmed pre-fight that Parillo and Bisping were drilling the left hook because Parillo saw a clear weakness in Rockhold's boxing. Next level gameplan?

People get so emotional about Bisping because they focus on what they thought at the time, they forget to look at what we know now, and in my opinion, the Rockhold, Bisping, Weidman triangle is a toss-up. Fuck what the odds would have been back then, Bisping was just as much of a threat to Weidman as anyone who beat Weidman during his fall from grace. The true threats to either of those three were Mousasi and Romero.

Anderson would smack Rockhold just like Vitor.

Luke doesn't even have punchers chance

Well he can comeback and try to fight Silva now.

I wouldn't say Bisping was on another level, but I also wouldn't call it a total fluke. It's not like Luke was dominating Bisping up until the point where he got tagged, and I think Bisping was landing more with his right hand if I remember correctly. Sure, Luke won the first fight, you can also reasonably argue that there was an outcome-altering headbutt if you really want to. Nothing lucky about the punch, it's evident if you watch any of the material that was filmed pre-fight that Parillo and Bisping were drilling the left hook because Parillo saw a clear weakness in Rockhold's boxing. Next level gameplan?

People get so emotional about Bisping because they focus on what they thought at the time, they forget to look at what we know now, and in my opinion, the Rockhold, Bisping, Weidman triangle is a toss-up. Fuck what the odds would have been back then, Bisping was just as much of a threat to Weidman as anyone who beat Weidman during his fall from grace. The true threats to either of those three were Mousasi and Romero.

Anderson would smack Rockhold just like Vitor.
I feel you massively overrate Bisping..,,he went to war with 50 year old Hendo in his next fight ....Rockhold beats him 7/10 ....Weidman with a good chin likely wins 9/10 times imo

How would you envision Bisping beating Weidman? Ground game is all Weidman. Power? Weidman. Cardio and volume Bisping for sure.

If I could simulate this fight in my head I would imagine Weidman walking down Bisping the entire fight.

Cause his kicks would have done something your saying? Andy wouldve ate Luke for a snack.

Prime Luke could have wrecked Anderson that lost to Weidman, especially since he wasn't scared like most Anderson opponents.
He wasn't scared of Jan or Bisping either.

giphy.gif

SeriousWholeAegeancat-size_restricted.gif

How would you envision Bisping beating Weidman? Ground game is all Weidman. Power? Weidman. Cardio and volume Bisping for sure.

If I could simulate this fight in my head I would imagine Weidman walking down Bisping the entire fight.
Bisping is the better striker.

Ufc champ Luke would have beat Silva. Today? Silva finishes him, and I'm a huge fan of Luke

I feel you massively overrate Bisping..,,he went to war with 50 year old Hendo in his next fight ....Rockhold beats him 7/10 ....Weidman with a good chin likely wins 9/10 times imo

Even 7/10 is imo quite overrating Bisping. The fact alone that Bisping did everything possible to avoid Rockhold and any other legit oponent (it was comical at times) after the win showed how he himself rated his chances of annother succes.

He knew he was on borrowed time. Even a half dead Hendo ( I saw some of his preparation for the fight and it was sad to watch) nearly bombed him out and imo won the fight. Bisping was never more than at best low level Top10 in his prime.

Rockhold after that wake up would have destroyed Bisping 10/10. Rockholds downfall is his arrogance but vs Bisping he would have been 110% motivated after that embarassment. The first fight between them shows the difference in skill but like I wrote Bispings behaviour afterwards told the whole story.

Sure ROckhold lost after but he fought killers while Bisping well was Bisping. GSP would have not won against any Top MW fighter. Not vs. Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold.....etc. The same here. How GSP behaved after his "title" win told the whole story.

Horrible style match up for Rockhold. Silva by brutal KO.

I regret not seeing Anderson highlight KO this personality black hole called Luke Rockhold.

Prime Luke beats any middleweight on the planet except maybe TRT Vitor.

Lol aint he the fool who got countered, going forward and leaving that chin in the air. Against the best counter striker in MMA history, he wouldnt last 5 rounds.
That's actually a good point, styles make fights. At first I was doing MMA math and thinking about how Weidman beat silva, and Rockhold smashed weidman baad. but style matchup is more important.
Luke is a decent wrestler and his top game was probably the best in the division at that time. At first I was like yeah silva would light luke up on the feet, but if Luke had any sense he would take silva down and that would be an easy win for him down there. I wonder if he actually would though, seeing how he's an arrogant guy. I still think that it's likely that Luke would have taken it because he was on a mission for the belt at the time, and he would probably do whatever it takes to get it, plus silva was getting passed his prime at that point.

Woah, what the fuck. I never even thought of this. TRT Belfort literally changed the course of history.

I'm not sure who I would have picked that night. Anderson was still quick enough and powerful enough at the time to put Rockhold down, but hindsight being what it is, I guess I would have have to take Luke.

Still not an easy fight to call though, even with a 38 year old Anderson.

Just because a prime Weidman beat an old Silva doesnt mean that Luke would have. He has worse offensive wrestling, worse punching power, worse boxing, worse defence and a worse chin than prime Weidman.

Back