Lower weight classes should be happy that HW MMA is not that good ...

Every other famous boxer (all-time) is a heavyweight

Tyson, Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Louis, Lewis, Marciano...
Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran, Manny Pacquiao, Thomas Hearns, Pernell Whittaker, Oscar De La Hoya, Arturo Gatti, Julio Cesar Chavez, etc...

You don't know what you are talking about, boy.

thats not even tiny slightly marginally true.

Wilder/Gipsey King was a legitimate 10/10 matchup. 40-0 vs 27-0. The greatest HW boxing fight in years. Deontay an undefeated aggressive KO artist, and Fury with an incredibly inspiring comeback story from depression and addiction, vowing to donate his entire purse to charity. It sold 300k ppv buys.

Any Conor fight sells 1 million plus.

The HWs may technically be the "best" fighters because the HW MMA champ can beat any other man on the planet in a fight. But that doesn't mean he is the most skilled.

For my money, and I think a lot of people, PPV skill is more enjoyable than sheer ability to beat the most people on the planet. Until you get to midgets like mighty mouse.

840999982.jpg.0.jpg

The most popular combat sport athlete ever is 5'8 150, and who was his best at 135-140 pounds. Number 2 was a UFC featherweight who is 5'9 and his best at 145 pounds.

The only UFC heavyweight ever break 1 million PPV buys was Brock-Mir at UFC 100.

HW MMA was awesome, back when they had a bunch of talented, well rounded fighters who were in their 20s and just peaking.

They all ended up fighting each other anyways as fighters went between PRIDE and the UFC.

It has just been dogshit for a while now.

ZNsdll3.jpg

RIP the last HW fight people truly got hyped for.

I am still hyped for this fight. Both guys put it all on the line and were considered the new breed of HW.

Greatest UFC HW title fight ever. This picture is like Crocop-Wanderlei level

HW MMA was awesome, back when they had a bunch of talented, well rounded fighters who were in their 20s and just peaking.

They all ended up fighting each other anyways as fighters went between PRIDE and the UFC.

It has just been dogshit for a while now.
I know it's like this new breed of MMA HW lack overall skill. Some are skilled in one aspect while others have only KO power. It's pretty sad if you ask me. DC is actually the only HW currently fighting who shows a well rounded array of skills and he's the smallest guy height wise.

Size matters

That's why FW and LW Conor McGregor has headlined 5 of the top 6 UFC PPV's in company history.

prime Tyson in this era >>>>>>> Floyds + Conors PPV numbers combined.

If they could pay for the best HW athletes everyone would be laughing at how bad there cardio as. The A level athlete kink that Sherdog has would diminish over the course of a year.
giphy.gif

Mayweather is a midget and is the most successful boxer of all time

Conor is a midget and is the most successful MMA fighter of all time

Ali/Tyson are more popular than all your fav. midgets combined.

Last edited:
HW has A+++++++ Athlete Greg Hardy though!! 7 time Superbowl winner, 3 time Gold Medal Olympic wrestler, quadruple stripe black belt jits, 10 time WWE champ

(According to Sherdog)

thats not even tiny slightly marginally true.

Wilder/Gipsey King was a legitimate 10/10 matchup. 40-0 vs 27-0. The greatest HW boxing fight in years. Deontay an undefeated aggressive KO artist, and Fury with an incredibly inspiring comeback story from depression and addiction, vowing to donate his entire purse to charity. It sold 300k ppv buys.

Any Conor fight sells 1 million plus.

The HWs may technically be the "best" fighters because the HW MMA champ can beat any other man on the planet in a fight. But that doesn't mean he is the most skilled.

For my money, and I think a lot of people, PPV skill is more enjoyable than sheer ability to beat the most people on the planet. Until you get to midgets like mighty mouse.

Tyson vs Fury was muuuch muuuuuch muuuuch bigger than you realize. More than 10 million watched Tyson vs Fury illegally.

PPV was always overrated.

Put prime Tyson in this vs a bum = 2 million PPV with ez.

Holycrap ... Tyson vs MCNeeley drew 1.6 milli ... LOL

Last edited:
UFC HW makes every division look star-studded and action-packed. They should put HW fights on separate cards.

Jarl

840999982.jpg.0.jpg

The most popular combat sport athlete ever is 5'8 150, and who was his best at 135-140 pounds. Number 2 was a UFC featherweight who is 5'9 and his best at 145 pounds.

The only UFC heavyweight ever break 1 million PPV buys was Brock-Mir at UFC 100.

Ali was/is billion times more popular than all your fav. combat athletes combined.

Size matters

That's why FW and LW Conor McGregor has headlined 5 of the top 6 UFC PPV's in company history.
Not to mention the most successful combat sports athlete of all time never weighing in over 151 pounds, lol.

Every other famous boxer (all-time) is a heavyweight

Tyson, Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Louis, Lewis, Marciano...
Lol, are you serious?

Duran, Leonard, Robinson, Hagler, Hearns, DeLaHoya, Whitaker, Toney, Pep, Jones JR, PAC, Canelo, Lamotta, Chavez, Paz, Hammed...... I can keep going if you like

otherwise no one would care for them.

If the UFC could get the best HW athletes / fighters, nobody would care about the other weight classes.

Thats the hard reality.

Do you agree?

Screen-Shot-2017-12-14-at-10.04.54-AM.png
not 100% sure. lower weightclasses have more speed, technique, versatility. even if HWs have the most power and size i'm not sure it's everyones favorite class, even if they had the best athletes/fighters available. HW doesn't have a Anderson Silva or "kick-off-the cage" and all that crazy shit

prime Tyson in this era >>>>>>> Floyds + Conors PPV numbers combined.

giphy.gif

Ali/Tyson are more popular than all your fav. midgets combined.
Yes, we know the HW is trashy, and your A Level athletes would really solidify how trashy there cardio in a actual combat fighting scenario really is.

not 100% sure. lower weightclasses have more speed, technique, versatility. even if HWs have the most power and size i'm not sure it's everyones favorite class, even if they had the best athletes/fighters available. HW doesn't have a Anderson Silva or "kick-off-the cage" and all that crazy shit

<{walkerwhut}>

Yes, we know the HW is trashy, and your A Level athletes would really solidify how trashy there cardio in a actual combat fighting scenario really is.

another shit post.

good cardio? that shit takes some time. good cardio is one of the few things ... holycrap ... it could even take years.

Brock Lesnar never gassed and Romeros cardio is dogshit.

<{walkerwhut}>

another shit post.

good cardio? that shit takes some time. cardio is one of the few things ... holycrap ... it could even take years.

Brock Lesnar never gassed and Romeros cardio is dogshit.
We'll see. cardio has always been the key to being a fighter. Frank Juarez proved it years ago. Brock Lesnar? He got beat before cardio would actually matter. Come on son. I'm telling you want to believe these amazing athletes specially at HW will dominate, when it get rough for them they will fold specially in the championship rounds.

840999982.jpg.0.jpg

The most popular combat sports athlete ever is Ali. How on earth could you argue otherwise? Ali is literally the most famous athlete in history in any sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back