Social Louis CK Returns to Stand-UP

Sarah Silverman didn't mind. The only thing that matters here is consent. "Whipping it out" is the behavior we seek to curb. The only women who truly have a right to complain are ones who suffer this, and with no reasonable context (i.e. you didn't agree to go to his hotel room for drinks late at night which is a situation that already muddles discernment of intent or state of mind concerning all parties).

Louie's modus operandi was to ask permission.I don't recall reading anywhere that he stalked women who said no, or continue to harass them. Attempting to stigmatize that because he enjoy success and influence is hyper-liberal #metoo bullshit.

What you're quoting is a running joke. @Fawlty lost a bet to Homer and had to don a pro-CK/pro-masturbation signature since right-wingers here were using his being a fan of CK to deflect exchanges and imply he's a hypocrite, i.e. "lol how can you tell me that it's not okay for me to say that girl deserved to be raped when you're a fan of Louis C.K.?" Since then I'll often refer to Fawlty as a sexual deviant and misrepresent his position on C.K., which was the appropriate position that it was inappropriate in some of the instances but that it wasn't forcible or something that makes him a rapist.

What you're quoting is a running joke. @Fawlty lost a bet to Homer and had to don a pro-CK/pro-masturbation signature since right-wingers here were using his being a fan of CK to deflect exchanges and imply he's a hypocrite, i.e. "lol how can you tell me that it's not okay for me to say that girl deserved to be raped when you're a fan of Louis C.K.?" Since then I'll often refer to Fawlty as a sexual deviant and misrepresent his position on C.K., which was the appropriate position that it was inappropriate in some of the instances but that it wasn't forcible or something that makes him a rapist.
Keep this stuff in the OT.

Funny exchange.

Sarah Silverman didn't mind. The only thing that matters here is consent. "Whipping it out" is the behavior we seek to curb. The only women who truly have a right to complain are ones who suffer this, and with no reasonable context (i.e. you didn't agree to go to his hotel room for drinks late at night which is a situation that already muddles discernment of intent or state of mind concerning all parties).

Louie's modus operandi was to ask permission.I don't recall reading anywhere that he stalked women who said no, or continue to harass them. Attempting to stigmatize that because he enjoy success and influence is hyper-liberal #metoo bullshit.
The Silverman comments were interesting. She's a weird one, but I'm sure it took a lot for her to stick up for him like that.

The part about going to the hotel room for drinks is rough (this applies mostly to younger women). Most of us have experienced the whole "I'll come up for drinks, but just drinks" thing. In my experience, the majority of the time they're expecting an aggressive sexual pass to be made, and that initial "no," when they agree to come up for drinks, means "maybe." There's a somewhat unreasonable expectation on the man to navigate that situation just right. That's not part of the typical father-son chat, and every woman has her own way of maybe-fucking.

Louis even has a funny bit about that dynamic, where the woman is slapping his hand away and later tells him that she wanted him to go for it. He says, "What are you out of your fucking mind?! I'm not gonna rape you on the off-chance you're into that shit!" I doubt we'll ever solve that part of #metoo.

Back