Social Louis CK Returns to Stand-UP

Swing

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Time article hosted on MSN.

Louis C.K. has performed stand-up for what appears to be the first time since admitting to sexual misconduct in November 2017. After being accused of abusing five women in a New York Times report, the comedian released a statement in which he confirmed the stories and expressed remorse for his actions.

The article is about the negative reactions on social media:
"This guy’s career has come at the expense of their careers *for years* and he got an ovation before he even opened his mouth, just for going back on stage."

"I wish all the people crying “so Louis CK can never work in comedy again?” felt as strongly about all the women who could never work in comedy again."

"The fact that Louis, a comedian whose whole thing is plumbing the depths of his own psyche, apparently didn’t mention his most recent, famous news in his surprise set tells you all you need to know about his desire for “redemption,” right?"

There are some others with additional context, but I'm not sure how to embed a tweet. I'll figure that out for the future.

Personally, his return is fine. I never thought what he did warranted jail time (which apparently not everyone agrees with), so if an audience wants to see him perform then let them buy tickets. It looks like some people feel pretty strongly about this and want him ostracized forever. I think he should just keep doing shows and ignore social media altogether. Maybe he won't be in a position to get another Netflix special or the like, but my guess is he'll always find people who are willing to see him live.

I feel as though he's in a unique position to neuter the social media uproar and still enjoy popular success just by doing local comedy shows.

He didn't kill or rape anyone, he doesn't deserve to be blacklisted forever.

“These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my --ck without asking first, which is also true,” he said in the statement. “But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your --ck isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.”

Einstein over here "finally" figured out it's wrong to expose yourself to subordinates, something a lot of his die hard fans weren't able to admit.

I personally don't like him and won't watch, but it's his right to work.

He didn't kill or rape anyone, he doesn't deserve to be blacklisted forever.

He even asked nicely if he could jack off in front of them.

There are many worse humans out there.
I'll be glad when he comes back.. not sure if its the right time, yet.

@Fawlty just tagging u

“These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my --ck without asking first, which is also true,” he said in the statement. “But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your --ck isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.”

Einstein over here "finally" figured out it's wrong to expose yourself to subordinates, something a lot of his die hard fans weren't able to admit.

I personally don't like him and won't watch, but it's his right to work.
I believe that was his response when the allegations made national news originally. It seems like he simply left the subject out of his routine entirely, which is probably the best way to handle it.

I believe that was his response when the allegations made national news originally. It seems like he simply left the subject out of routine entirely, which is probably the best way to handle it.

I bet that he will eventually introduce the story into his act in his self-deprecating style. It's not like he doesn't have similar material.

I think we all knew most comedians were fucked up to begin with. Its probably what drives them to do what they do.

Last edited:
If he's coming back that is his right. He didn't break any laws. Personally, I think a guy like that could use a bit more time in the corner. He was perfectly happy to abuse his power in ways that left a lot of people horribly uncomfortable, and in ways a child would know was extremely socially inappropriate even in situations which didn't have a notable power imbalance. Simply put, there is no way he could pretend he was unaware that what he was doing crossed all sorts of lines, but he kept on doing it and his fans lapped up any excuse they could come up with for him. I believe this creep is going to play nice for about as long as he can't get away with it because he knows people will be lining up to support him any time he pops into the public sphere.

What was particularly telling about the whole affair was how after months of trashing figures many didn't care about and applauding harsh justice, suddenly a whole host of moderates came out and were calling for leniency from the mob. Go figure - right when someone they like came under scrutiny, all of the sudden hordes of people discover the value of clemency. That being said, strong support for this guy is a pretty good benchmark determining how much of a creep a person is, and how much they're willing to justify truly ugly behaviour if it's from someone they like.

Last edited:
Feels quick. Not that I’m opposed to him coming back, but he could’ve held out for 2019. Probably would’ve hit harder. It’s like he didn’t even leave, he just stepped outside for a minute.

Extremely overrated comedian, but I kinda don’t see an issue with what he did. He didn’t do anything against anyone’s will.

How can you be on an even footing with someone you wanna fuck, or jack off in front of, when you’re a famous multimillionaire? It’s impossible. You have “power” over people by definition.

Hell, I bet the vast majority of comedians, musicians, etc got into their fields to acquire that “power” in the first place, because women love the “power” that fame, notoriety, money bring.

Extremely overrated comedian, but I kinda don’t see an issue with what he did. He didn’t do anything against anyone’s will.

How can you be on an even footing with someone you wanna fuck, or jack off in front of, when you’re a famous multimillionaire? It’s impossible. You have “power” over people by definition.

Hell, I bet the vast majority of comedians, musicians, etc got into their fields to acquire that “power” in the first place, because women love the “power” that fame, notoriety, money bring.

Yes he did. He imposed himself on people. He walked up an humped then like a dog or jerked off over them or whatever. If you go around asking women you have power over if you can jerk off in front of them, you are a creep. It is how a guy like Weinstein starts things though CK didn't take it that far.

and lol at the women wanting power and expecting this as part of business.

Writer and performer Abby Schachner said that when she called CK to invite him to one of her shows in 2003, he started to tell her his sexual fantasies, and she could hear him masturbating on the other end. Later, he sent her a Facebook message that said, “I remember thinking what a repulsive person I was being by responding the way that I did.” Schachner said the experience discouraged her from pursuing a career in comedy.

Alongside the accounts of three other women, these accusations paint a picture of a powerful man who was fully aware that he was a compulsive sexual harasser, routinely apologized for it, and yet failed to curb his behavior. It’s a stark reminder that neither talent nor self-awareness are impediments to being a sexual abuser. If anything, those traits only make harassers more adept at avoiding consequences — or at least, one hopes, they used to.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/9/16630238/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct-accusations

I actually see his apologies as a clever ploy and not sincere at all. Same thing when he came out and addressed these things. He admitted it so he can keep doing it. He thinks apologies get him out of the stupid shit he does and makes it a habit/strategy to employ them. He reminds me of myself lol.

This is what he does:

1. does this very creepy shit
2. apologizes to make it look like one time thing, it is tearing him up, etc. which reduces the chance of consequences and making him sympathetic
3. repeat on next victim.

You see my yellow card? I apologized to the mods for my behavior. After they carded me lol. Does anyone really think my apology was sincere and I will change?

Last edited:
His "comedy" regularly include jokes about rape, child molestation and masturbation. The guy is just another Hollywood lunatic.

Look at this creeper

494245.jpg

Last edited:
His "comedy" regularly include jokes about rape, child molestation and masturbation. The guy is just another Hollywood lunatic.

Look at this creeper

494245.jpg
Don't know why you had to drag Lenny Bruce and George Carlin into your shitty post though.

Back