Lotus BJJ NYC

why? didnt you just say your training ayear and a half or something in another thread?

I'm a blue belt, but what I meant by 'get moving' was pick up the pace of my training and maybe be a purple in under a year from now. By the way, I'm flattered you're stalking me.

I'm a blue belt, but what I meant by 'get moving' was pick up the pace of my training and maybe be a purple in under a year from now. By the way, I'm flattered you're stalking me.

i want to be a mod, i need to be up on whats what in this forum!!!!:icon_lol:

Two purples run the school? Dang, I gotta get moving and open up a gym.

No, the school and classes are run by a Black Belt called eduardo santos...theres a few purple belts that train there, two of them help out sometimes..

I started training there about 2 weeks ago and its a great place, theres classes virtually all day. And they have beginner classes which I def need at this point :redface:

like agente809 stated, the school is owned and operated by Eduardo Santos. He is a Black Belt under Moises Muradi of Lotus Club in Sao Paolo. If anyone is familiar, he is the same Moises Muradi whom is the president of the CBJJE. Givanildo "The Arm Collector" Santana who fights for ShoXC/EliteXC and Fabio Negao who just fought Matt Lindland are from the same school and are regular guest visitors at the school.

It is a relatively new school, around 2 years old. There are a hand full of Purples and almost as many blues and white belts. Its a nice gym for people starting out in BJJ, very tight knit family atmosphere. However for the more seasoned BJJer, it is getting pretty competitive as the guys are improving a lot every day.

I believe the prices at the moment are $150/mo with contract or $200 a month no contract. I believe he has different plans if you want to pay for a few months in advanced or so. I would definitely check out the school and speak to them first.

The school just moved into its new space which is 1 block away from the 46 St. Station (R and V Train) and around 4 blocks away from the Steinway St. stop.

Hopefully that will answer any potential questions.

/Endpromo-likepost

like agente809 stated, the school is owned and operated by Eduardo Santos. He is a Black Belt under Moises Muradi of Lotus Club in Sao Paolo. If anyone is familiar, he is the same Moises Muradi whom is the president of the CBJJE. Givanildo "The Arm Collector" Santana who fights for ShoXC/EliteXC and Fabio Negao who just fought Matt Lindland are from the same school and are regular guest visitors at the school.

It is a relatively new school, around 2 years old. There are a hand full of Purples and almost as many blues and white belts. Its a nice gym for people starting out in BJJ, very tight knit family atmosphere. However for the more seasoned BJJer, it is getting pretty competitive as the guys are improving a lot every day.

I believe the prices at the moment are $150/mo with contract or $200 a month no contract. I believe he has different plans if you want to pay for a few months in advanced or so. I would definitely check out the school and speak to them first.

The school just moved into its new space which is 1 block away from the 46 St. Station (R and V Train) and around 4 blocks away from the Steinway St. stop.

Hopefully that will answer any potential questions.

/Endpromo-likepost

Eduardo is that you?!

kidding bro...but yeah its a decent place...not at the level of renzo's or alliance...But its def a good place for whites blue's and shit, even purples.

The new place by northern blvd is sweet with the glass windows which allows the natural sunlight to give the place a laid back feel.

Though I must admit the changing room/personal item area is pretty small.

arent you from staten island that was looking for a gym?:icon_chee

arent you from staten island that was looking for a gym?:icon_chee

I haven't been to staten in over a year. I used to get mad that staten didn't have many options. I used to have to commute to manhattan and new jersey to train, but luckily, I made a move to San Diego and haven't looked back. :icon_chee

Lotus Club in California is operated at the No Limits Gym in Irvine. Nolimitsmma.com

I am a member of lotus club in arizona. Black belt Professor Ricardo Zanelato teaches.

just an update
rate is 150 cash, no contracts. classes morning and evenings from 6pm-10 pm.

this is a GI school.

thinking about joining lotus in astoria is it worth it or should i find another place like renzo academy

thinking about joining lotus in astoria is it worth it or should i find another place like renzo academy

Are you a white belt/beginner?

It is not a bad school for beginners however once you get passed the blue belt level, you'll probably want to be at a more competitive school. Although I've heard Fabricio Medici is now teaching there on a few days. He is a young featherweight black belt from Brazil, really nice guy and good BJJ.

Otherwise, check out Magno Gama. He is a Renzo Black Belt and is opening up his school located at Fitness point gym and I believe 34th Ave & 28th st (?). I've seen pictures, he has renovated the whole space and its going to be an awesome school. Located in Astoria.

Magno is a top quality instructor and the school is going to be an affiliate of Renzo Gracie BJJ and thats always a good thing.

Are you a white belt/beginner?

It is not a bad school for beginners however once you get passed the blue belt level, you'll probably want to be at a more competitive school. Although I've heard Fabricio Medici is now teaching there on a few days. He is a young featherweight black belt from Brazil, really nice guy and good BJJ.

Otherwise, check out Magno Gama. He is a Renzo Black Belt and is opening up his school located at Fitness point gym and I believe 34th Ave & 28th st (?). I've seen pictures, he has renovated the whole space and its going to be an awesome school. Located in Astoria.

Magno is a top quality instructor and the school is going to be an affiliate of Renzo Gracie BJJ and thats always a good thing.

Actually fabricio teaches there every tuesday thursday and saturday. The other times eduardo teaches. They are both good though.

whaaat magno is leaving the academy?

magno is awesome!

whaaat magno is leaving the academy?

magno is awesome!

I hope I didn't leak out info that wasn't suppose to be public knowledge!

No Magno is not leaving the Academy just yet. To my knowledge he is still going to be teaching certain days until his school gets up and running and he has enough students that demand more of his attention.

+1 for Magno!!! I'll see if I can get some contact information for you guys.

Back