Lost respect for Mousasi when he said the crowds don't pay his cheques

Funny how main event guy's Mousasi and Bispings attitude about fans was diametrically opposed. One went on how grateful he is for his fans, how theyre everything, helped him with energy and support make his career... Then theres Mousasi who tells fans to go f+ck themselves (if someone perhaps didnt notice the gesture).
Ive been a Gegard fan for most of his career but this sh+t really put me off. Fine, fight smart but dont expect anything but boos if you 30s+ intentionally smother you opponent and avoid moving and make the fight boring as f+ck, when yout style isnt much in itself. And they do pay his cheque, nowhere more visible than the UFC model.

I hated when he made a disgusted look when one judge read a 29-28 score. He clearly still won the fight on that scorecard and showed bad sportsmanship.

I would have shown the same face.

I mean seriously. If I had utterly destroyed and shutdown my opponent for 15 minutes, and a dumb judge gave him 1 round, I'd be incredulous too.

Funny how main event guy's Mousasi and Bispings attitude about fans was diametrically opposed. One went on how grateful he is for his fans and how they are everything and helped him with their energy and support make his career and then you have Mousasi who tells fans to go f+ck themselves (if someone perhaps didnt notice the gesture).

That's because the hometown crowd was behind Bisping 100% and was against Mousasi 100%. It's okay to hate on a shitty crowd.

Typical entitled fans, you lose respect for him when he says this but you're probably the type of fan who would think he is boring if he didn't say anything at all. You just want to complain about something.

It seems normal to be pissed when you get booed by drunks who want you stop dominating and start taking risks/damage and then have incompetent judges score the fight.

Whoa WTF man. Some of you guys are just lost. I wouldn't call a man with a portfolio of properties, a loving family and good health a loser in life. Feel free to compare yourself.

Moose has a portfolio of properties? I must have missed this

You didn't stick around for his very next sentence TS where he then said something like "I don't know, maybe they do" and went to explain that he still is not going to feel bad for having a dominating performance?

This thread is a hatchet job. He was clearly trying to articulate the idea that a fighter needs to fight smart because ultimately that is how he is able to take care of his family. You creating a problem out of nothing.

the crowd itself was shit untill the main event anyway. you would guess that full o2 arena of british people would support their fighters more

Er I was there and it wasn't for lack of trying, the crowd was really dull in the mic which is weird cos the had 4 of them.

The cheers and claps where consultant and respectful. When anderson climbed the fence and had to climb down everyone went "aaaaaahhhhh" ( an English thing when people fuck up ). Didn't hear that. Nor the bisping chants or the finish fans behind me going mental.

He sorta immediately corrected himself though.

The majority of mma "fans" are pants on head stupid and I hope to hear many more comments like this from fighters.

crowds do pay checks.

the more people like you or want to watch you the more you get paid

Stop being so emotional.

I dont even know what the fuck that means, thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard. The only emotions I get is that if I lose the fight im fucking pissed.

The crowd was awful!!!
Mousasi displayed a masterpiece, he picked apart a very tough opponent, and that scumbags just couldn't appreciate what they saw.

I'm so with you on this. The commentators also were horrid during the fight. Mousasi thoroughly dominated Leites.

I've always been a fan and that comment was pretty disappointing. You cannot be bitter and mad at the world and the UFC if you got TKOd, even if the TKO was a lucky one or just a mistake on your side.
And YES it's the crowds and people buying PPVs who are actually paying you, for if there was no one watching the sport wouldn't even exist.
I expect and apologee and if other fighters actually agree with what he said then I'm glad they don't get NFL or soccer money. In your own interest, as an athlete, you should never be disrespectful towards the fans, cause that's where the money really is.

Sorry, he said the bills not the cheques...still, lame comment
Fuck off TS. Come back when you're off your period. Jesus fucking christ.

Stop being so emotional.

+ 1

TS you sound like a typical goof that subscribes to this pathetic victimhood culture.

The fans are hammered drunk and making stupid sounds like farting in overalls reeking of cow dung and Imbreeding. Mousasi owes nobody anything.

Reality is knocking. STFU and climb into the octagon if you think you can do it better then him.

WAR MOOSE

Stop whining, it's silly and besides you could tell Mousasi immediately realized what he said made no sense.

It was a silly thing for him to say. Not only is it not ultimately true, but it's an excuse.

I've always been a fan and that comment was pretty disappointing. You cannot be bitter and mad at the world and the UFC if you got TKOd, even if the TKO was a lucky one or just a mistake on your side.
And YES it's the crowds and people buying PPVs who are actually paying you, for if there was no one watching the sport wouldn't even exist.
I expect and apologee and if other fighters actually agree with what he said then I'm glad they don't get NFL or soccer money. In your own interest, as an athlete, you should never be disrespectful towards the fans, cause that's where the money really is.

Sorry, he said the bills not the cheques...still, lame comment
I gained respect for him when he said that. Moose is right, f the fans. Have you seen the typical UFC fan? Theyre even worse IRL than the mouthbreathers on sherdog. Its one of the cringiest "sport" fandoms on earth. I love mma, but its a guilty pleasure I'm not proud of.

So anyway, I support Mousasi in his new anti-fan endeavor. We deserve to be called out.

Back