Loser of the night: Hector

LamaIronFist

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This Burkman fight was a weird downgrade for Lombard as he was climbing the ranks nicely until then.

Burkman did not make him look too good tonight. Burkman looked gassed, weak and uncoordinated... but you could see the guy has a few tricks in his bag. Hats off to him to make it til the end on his two legs.

The fact that Hector did not go for the takedown or did not try to go for the kill might not help his case for a championship match in 2015 or within a few fights.

It looked to me like Lombard himself was more focused on not gassing than on going all out for a finish. He will need a better output if he wants to go through guys like Matt Brown or Rory Macdonald as these guys are in top shape and they are very active strike-wise, they don't walk away like Josh did all night.

Joe Rogan had to use his imagination on the mike tonight to see some cool stuff in that fight. He came up with Hector's patience ;-) Awesome Joe ;-)

What's your take on this fight? Do you think Hector missed a great opportunity to impress?

Hector won and will continue to win. Opponents will continue to run away and make the fight boring.

His opponents are scared to trade with him.
Look at the shields fights, same thing there.

Hector gets blamed, smh.

Dufresne and Shad-Faced Castillo would disagree.

His opponents are scared to trade with him.
Look at the shields fights, same thing there.

Hector gets blamed, smh.

Rory will also be "scared" but he will outrange him all night. Hector needs to find a way to knock his opponents out even if they avoid trading with him.

Im glad hector showed some patience. He probably didnt want to do the same mistake as his sparring partner melvin manhoef in his last fight. And it seemed like hector could have gone 2 more rounds. Next fight should be a title eliminator.

It looked to me like Burkman was fighting to survive not to win. It's hard to look good against a guy fighting that way.

This Burkman fight was a weird downgrade for Lombard as he was climbing the ranks nicely until then.

Burkman did not make him look too good tonight. Burkman looked gassed, weak and uncoordinated... but you could see the guy has a few tricks in his bag. Hats off to him to make it til the end on his two legs.

The fact that Hector did not go for the takedown or did not try to go for the kill might not help his case for a championship match in 2015 or within a few fights.

It looked to me like Lombard himself was more focused on not gassing than on going all out for a finish. He will need a better output if he wants to go through guys like Matt Brown or Rory Macdonald as these guys are in top shape and they are very active strike-wise, they don't walk away like Josh did all night.

Joe Rogan had to use his imagination on the mike tonight to see some cool stuff in that fight. He came up with Hector's patience ;-) Awesome Joe ;-)

What's your take on this fight? Do you think Hector missed a great opportunity to impress?

He won. Lombard is only one fight away from a title shot.

Rory will also be "scared" but he will outrange him all night. Hector needs to find a way to knock his opponents out even if they avoid trading with him.

that's like the entire point of the striking game in MMA. Good job.

It looked to me like Burkman gave up on trying to win and just decided to show the division how not scary Lombard is.

Hector isn't stupid he's not going to stand and 'Diego Sanchez' him giving him his only chance of winning which would be a lucky ass KO off a counter.

Hector was dominating while pressing forward, why would he not continue to do that instead.

The UFC needs to give Hector a more aggressive fighter next time.

You're the loser of the night. Lombard landed a ton, but Burkman had never been stopped with strikes in 36 fights. Plenty happened, but Rogan got you to buy that Lombard wasn't doing much as the sheep you are. Every fight he doesn't wreck his opponent early, he no sells Lombard's techniques, and sells his opponent's, as a mouthpiece of the UFC. He did it in the Shields and Boetsch fights too. The only fight he deserved flack for was the Okami fight, because it was the only one he lost. And in all his fights he's the one trying to do damage. His opponents are trying to point-fight him. That's in part why some are actually uneventful. But this was eventful enough. Your expectations were just unreasonable.

I'd be inclined to agree. Though Lombard won, I thought he looked like shit doing so. I realize Burkman had alot to do with it, but really, a shitty win like this and he's one fight away from a title shot? I would rather him get a win against two decent fighters first. I have a feeling though that this might get him a few bigger fights as this didn't help with his unbeatable aura, in my opinion.

that's like the entire point of the striking game in MMA. Good job.

Not really. Jones would be more than happy if DC didn't trade with him at all, for example. It's the stocky power punchers like Lombard that need to force others to trade with them.

Hector just keeps winning,,keep hating, this guy is the best fighter in his division

It was a pretty dominating performance, I dont know how that makes him a loser at all.
Castillo, Dufrensne Rodrigo Damm might be getting his walking papers. Pretty sure they are the bigger "losers" here

It looked to me like Burkman was fighting to survive not to win. It's hard to look good against a guy fighting that way.

True, but when there is such a difference in skillsets, we expect the superior fighter to find a way to get the finish.

You're not respecting Burkman....he came with a gameplan and actually stuck to it... just gassed. He made lombard respect him and thats why he could not finish

Back