Lorenzo: Alistair Overeem requesting spot on Japan card

The Japan card is not a PPV lol. The week after they are doing a PPV in Toronto.

If this is a Fight Pass card id question whether they would do Hunt vs Roy and an Overeem fight. I could see a Gomi fight and a Mizugaki fight against a top contender. I mean they hyped up the Ireland card like it was huge and look what they got.

I could of sworn Dana said when asked if it was a ppv, he said yes. It was a scrum just a few back post fight. A female reporter asked him if it would be a ppv after Dana announced the japan card and he replied yes

I feel Overeem vs Barnett, they would draw big time in Japan

Dana said it was a ppv but who knows. The reason there couldnt be room for Overeem is because they might want him elsewhere.

I remember reading various media and it seems a lock that we got Hunt vs Nelson, Akiyama returning, Gomi probably fighting someone relevant, another fight with whomever and probably a title fight. So it could just be theres no room for Overeem on the main card

That'd be a sick card.

doesnt matter to me, as long as he is fighting. a top5 guys would make the most sense. But anyone will do tbh.

Overeem vs. Barnett or JDS are the only fights to make right now involving AO.

A rematch with either Bigfoot or Browne for me maybe with JDS fighting the other then should they both win a match between the two in late 14/early 15 for the next title shot.

UFC: 178 (If it is indeed a PPV)

Main Card:

TJ Dillashaw vs. Takeya Mizugaki for BW Title
Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson
Alistair Overeem vs. Josh Barnett
Takanori Gomi vs. TJ Grant
Sexyama vs. Josh Koscheck

Preliminary Card

Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Chris Cariaso
Kid Yamamoto vs. George Roop
Satoshi Ishii vs. Jared Rosholt
Doo Ho Choi vs. Akira Corassani
Kyung Ho Kang vs. Russell Doane
Yui Chul Nam vs. Ramsey Nijem
Isao Kobayashi vs. Justin Salas
Kazuki Tokudome vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg

After he beats? Dont count your eggs yet buddy, theres a real good chance and I will bet money on it Fabio takes the win.

money-down-toilet.png

Forgot Nelson was going to face Hunt... Barnett?

I could of sworn Dana said when asked if it was a ppv

I watch all the scrums and definitely would have remembered that if he said it. I dont even remember anyone asking about the Japan card.

UFC 177 is August 30th in Vegas and UFC 178 is September 27th in Toronto.

I watch all the scrums and definitely would have remembered that if he said it. I dont even remember anyone asking about the Japan card.

UFC 177 is August 30th in Vegas and UFC 178 is September 27th in Toronto.

makes sense since the Toronto card is the following week. Like I said though I swear I heard Dana said it at a scrum not too long ago. I definitely remember a female reporter asking it right after he said they were going to Japan.

UFC: 178 (If it is indeed a PPV)

Main Card:

TJ Dillashaw vs. Takeya Mizugaki for BW Title
Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson
Alistair Overeem vs. Josh Barnett
Takanori Gomi vs. TJ Grant
Sexyama vs. Josh Koscheck

Preliminary Card

Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Chris Cariaso
Kid Yamamoto vs. George Roop
Satoshi Ishii vs. Jared Rosholt
Doo Ho Choi vs. Akira Corassani
Kyung Ho Kang vs. Russell Doane
Yui Chul Nam vs. Ramsey Nijem
Isao Kobayashi vs. Justin Salas
Kazuki Tokudome vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg

Have you been thinking about this a lot? That's a solid card my man.

Back