Lorenzo: Alistair Overeem requesting spot on Japan card

I wanna see Barnett vs Overeem.

The shit those two will throw at each other before the fight will be even better than the fight itself. And its long overdue.

I believe this is a Fight Night card.

Which means....forget about JDS vs Overeem...that would be saved for a PPV or maybe a FOX card.

Definitely not a fight night card.

Hunt vs Nelson as main event.

Reem vs Barnette as co main.

No rematches Barnett sounds like the best fight JDS would work as well. Not to interested in the JDS fight just because at this point I don't see how Reem would beat JDS.

Bigfoot and Reem dont like each other so that makes it fairly exciting imo.

JDS is not unbeatable, by any stretch, but he'd rightfully be a heavy favorite.

I believe this is a Fight Night card.

Which means....forget about JDS vs Overeem...that would be saved for a PPV or maybe a FOX card.

Definitely not a fight night card.

it's been confirmed that it's a ppv from dana during a scrum

I bet they put Takeya Mizugaki on that card as well. Hopefully a contender fight or a fight to get a contender fight.

He has the second longest active win streak in his division besides the clear cut next challenger in Raphael Assuncao.

Roy is getting knocked unconscious.

See but Mark Hunt couldn't even KO Bigfoot Silva whose very prone to being KOed so I don't know why you think Roy would get KOed when JDS hit him with everything he had and couldn't do it.

Alistair Overeem vs Stipe Miocic(after he beats Fabio) or possibly Overeem vs Nelson, that would be sweet.

After he beats? Dont count your eggs yet buddy, theres a real good chance and I will bet money on it Fabio takes the win.

They could just put Akiyama in the cage for 85 minutes straight as the main card and just let him stand there

the japan card is going to be a fight night card. that's why lorenzo says there might not be space for overeem on that card. the UFC really wants to put overeem vs JDS and that fight doesn't make sense on a free card in japan. JDS will headline any brazil card or co-main a PPV card. overeem vs. JDS could even headline a PPV or fox card.

overeem could fight in japan against stipe though.

it's been confirmed that it's a ppv from dana during a scrum

The Japan card is not a PPV lol. The week after they are doing a PPV in Toronto.

If this is a Fight Pass card id question whether they would do Hunt vs Roy and an Overeem fight. I could see a Gomi fight and a Mizugaki fight against a top contender. I mean they hyped up the Ireland card like it was huge and look what they got.

Man, I remember being excited to see this guy fight.

Indifferent at this point.

See but Mark Hunt couldn't even KO Bigfoot Silva whose very prone to being KOed so I don't know why you think Roy would get KOed when JDS hit him with everything he had and couldn't do it.

very prone to being KOed? He has been ko'ed once in his career. Cain didn't knock him out just beat him down to a stoppage twice. The only person who has ko'ed him was Cormier.

Bigfoot and Reem dont like each other so that makes it fairly exciting imo.

JDS is not unbeatable, by any stretch, but he'd rightfully be a heavy favorite.

No I agree I'm not saying there is not chance for Reem to win the fight it's just JDS is such a huge favorite I'd rather watch Reem work his way up first.

the japan card is going to be a fight night card. that's why lorenzo says there might not be space for overeem on that card. the UFC really wants to put overeem vs JDS and that fight doesn't make sense on a free card in japan. JDS will headline any brazil card or co-main a PPV card. overeem vs. JDS could even headline a PPV or fox card.

overeem could fight in japan against stipe though.

Dana said it was a ppv but who knows. The reason there couldnt be room for Overeem is because they might want him elsewhere.

I remember reading various media and it seems a lock that we got Hunt vs Nelson, Akiyama returning, Gomi probably fighting someone relevant, another fight with whomever and probably a title fight. So it could just be theres no room for Overeem on the main card

Back