1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Lorenz - Lifting - Log - (Lolcats welcome)[Strength and/or Power]

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Lorenz, May 30, 2008.

1. Lorenz Banned Banned

Absolutely. I really feel that my squat can improve dramatically over the summer, as long as I have some good advice, and keep my motivation up (I have no other choice... I cant let Baruts shabby team beat us) :icon_chee

2. enright3060 Brown Belt

I'll make sure that you

3. Chaos Mitten** Banned Banned

Fixed.

4. Lorenz Banned Banned

June 3rd (Day 1)

Squats - Volume day

165 x 5
    165 x 5
    165 x 5
    165 x 5
    165 x 5

Feels like I used to much Quad's and to little Glutes/Hams. Something to keep in mind for next time

Bench - ME

145 x 5
    155 x 5
    165 x 5
    175 x 4

At this point I could tell I didn't have the energy to make 185 x 5, which I was aiming for, so I pussied out and moved on.

Dynamic Rows

185 x 5
    185 x 5
    185 x 5
    185 x 5
    185 x 5

I'm really not to sure If I'm doing these 100% correctly, but I do get some DOMs in my Lats and upper back the next day, and I think thats what Im targetting(?). I definetely dont go much farther then 45 degrees with my upper body, anymore and I find I put alot of pressure on my lowerback, which is already usually soar from Squats.

5. Lorenz Banned Banned

June 5 Day 2

Deadlift's

315 x 5 - 4 rep PR, really happy with this.
    315 x 4
    315 x 2
    315 x 3
    315 x 0

SOHP

95 x 5
    105 x 5
    110 x 5
    115 x 5
    120 x 4

'Ups

So skipped dynamic squats today, wanted to save my knees for ME Squats in 2 days.

6. enright3060 Brown Belt

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhzOD1amluc&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhzOD1amluc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Centaur Black Belt

Nicccce.

8. Lorenz Banned Banned

Ok, so Im coming to the end of my second time through the BS 5x5, and I've decided to set up a p/p/s routine, so I'd like some pointers. Bear with me, because I'll try to go into a bit of depth regarding decisions and wutnots. (I will throw in a bit of isolation work at the end of workouts, because now that I'm single again, I;ve gotta get the guns back in shape).

So basically I'm thinking I will do a p/p/s, with 2 assistant exercises each workout session. The assistants will not be for the main lift that I'm doing that day. Seems to me this is a good way to combat end-of-workout muscle fatigue. Example: Deadlift day will also include, SOHP (assistant to Bench), and lunges (assistant to squat). Thoughts on this route?

All exercises will be done 5x5, 3x5, or 3x8. I will switch this up every month or so. Thoughts?

Push day - Bench Press, Chin-Ups (No specific number, just to failure, my current record is 4 :icon_chee ), Front Squats.

Pull day - Deadlifts or Pulls to Knees/Rack Pulls, switched up every week. Ive decided to take this route because I've noticed that I cant seem to be able to do 20+ heavy reps of Dead's one week, and then do any good at them the following week, weak CNS ftl I guess. SOHP, NEED AN ABDUCTOR, ADUCTION, GLUTES, HAMS ASSISTANCE EXERCISE HERE, my gym doesn't have a GHR, Im thinking if I rig my feet under something it might work though, any other suggestions?

Squat day - Back Squats, BORs, NEED SOME KIND OF BENCH/SOHP TYPE ASSISTANCE EXERCISE HERE

So give me a hand Team Standard/World of Sherdog.

9. Lorenz Banned Banned

Ok heres my revised new list.

Bench day - Bench, GM's, front squats, BOR's.

pull day - dead's, SOHP, GHR

squat day - squats, pull ups, dips (no dip thing at my gym, so need to do it in between 2 benchs)

I will do a few days of LSD training in between days