Lorenz - Lifting - Log - (Lolcats welcome)[Strength and/or Power]

Lorenz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
funny-pictures-proceed-cat.jpg

Quick about me - 23, Married (un-happily), in training to be a Corrections Officer, work part-time at my Aunt's bakery (We make Tarts, bitch's). Suffered through alot of Muscle Magazine work-outs off and on for a few years. Liked MMA, joined Sherdog, and then saw this sub-forum called essenpee, and thats where this journey began. After I read Carnals Treatise, it said I should eat alot, and sleep alot, and these are two things I do preety well (Proud to say I've put on 15 lbs since my first run through of the 5x5 - my doctor tells me Iam now Obese Class 1) So I figured I'd give it a try.

230 @ 6'1''

After my first run through of the 5x5 from the FAQ, this is where I stand... very weak.

MAX'S of the big 3

Deadlift - 315
Bench - 210
Squat - 205

GOALS (As quick as possible)

Deadlift - 405
Bench - 225
Squat - 315
(Simple 4 wheel, 2 wheel, 3 wheel)

Long term goals are simply to get as strong as possible.

So, beginning the 5x5 for the second time!!!!!!!!!!!! Day 1 was a waist of fucking time, so I wont bother posting that, we will skip on to Day 2.

May 29 (Day 2)

Deadlifts

135 x 5
225 x 5
305 x 5
305 x 5
305 x 4
305 x 1
295 x 2 - For the last two sets my back decided to stop working... but I was really pleased with getting 305 for 5, seeing as how I tested my 1rm just a week ago, and it was only 315.

Squats(DE)

Squats are by FAR, my weakest lift, and I get easily frustrated with them. This was just a DE day though, so I got to work a bit on form.

135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

SOHP

95 x 5
105 x 5
110 x 5
115 x 4 - Not enough rest for this set.
115 x 5

Up's of different kinds

NOTE: Iam horrible at these, so the amount of cheating I use to even get my fat-ass up is difficult to explain. That being said, atleast I do them, when I fucking hate them.

BW - 3, 3, 2, no more

This concludes my first Log entry. I am willing to sign you're mousepads if you want an autograph, just PM me.

Chaos Mitten's new home.

Satisfaction: I has it.

Well sir, you and I share more than just our awesome Canadianess.

We both suck at teh Squat.

What's your weight (you fat bastard) and your wilks (if you know it)?

Also, you need to have pics of you(or womans) posing in a Speedo, don't you know how this works

Also, you should join a Summer Squat team if it's not too late.

Good motivations.

I have joined the Summer Squat comp. Just to give me some motivation to get that shit up!!!

Standard's. Squatting itself I've really enjoyed (IT has also been a real help to strengthen my already weak knees), its just the lack of gains in comparison to bench/dead and other lifts that makes it frustrating for me.

HA, I'm on the same one. I've unofficially named it:

Standard's Super Squat Squad.

Re: Squats:

From last year May, to now, I went like this

Deads: 225 -> 420
Bench: 205 -> 255 (260, but dude touched the bar, so no go)
Squat: 275 -> 275

The only "gain" is the weight is the same, but now it's past parallel (almost ATG).

Squats are me nemesis. Hence my "Location".

Since we're in the same boat, maybe we can help each other out, even if only for motivation.

Standard's. Squatting itself I've really enjoyed (IT has also been a real help to strengthen my already weak knees), its just the lack of gains in comparison to bench/dead and other lifts that makes it frustrating for me.

War Team Standard!

Do you have any video of your squat?

If not, get one soon.

HA, I'm on the same one. I've unofficially named it:

Standard's Super Squat Squad.

Good Stuff - we need to get a thread here in the training log like some of the other teams. (Can't have them being cooler then us)

War Team Standard!

Do you have any video of your squat?

If not, get one soon.

I do have a video enright, but its only at 135 - and it was when I just started, so its preety horrible. I have my heavy squat day coming up tommorow, so I will be sure to get a video fo that to get any tips that I can!

I do have a video enright, but its only at 135 - and it was when I just started, so its preety horrible. I have my heavy squat day coming up tommorow, so I will be sure to get a video fo that to get any tips that I can!

Cool. Standard needs to get home from work and start a fucking log for us. I'd like all of us to video our squat to see if what we need to be working on.

^^
Word.

My camera is gone, but I'll be at me new gym (home of BC Powerlifting team, and headed by an NSCA CSCS) so I'll have one along soon.

Back