Lord Rogan signs new deal

Zola

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
For some time now Joe Rogan has been dropping hints that he may be getting ready to hang up the mic on his long-time role as the UFC’s color commentator, with his current deal due to expire in August.

However, it seems that he’s going to be sticking around for at least a little while longer as he’s just announced that he’s signed a new one-year deal with the company.

From the podcast:

“I was on the fence, man, I just do too much sh*t. I’m too f*cking busy. After a while I’m like, I don’t know if I’m doing myself or all the different things I do a disservice. I was real close. It was like, either I’m just gonna completely bail off of this or I’m gonna figure it out.”

Rogan says he ended up having “a bunch of conversations” with UFC President Dana White, and they came up with a revised deal that suited his needs.

“What I decided to do was, no more international travel. No more flying across the planet."

“If I go to Brazil, that’s five days out of my life that I can’t do this and I can’t do all the other stuff that I do. And on top of that, there’s the recovery time. When I come back, I’m f*cking toast. That flying just f*cks my head.”

Rogan also stated that he’ll only be doing pay-per-view events from now on, so that means that he’ll no longer be heard on the quarterly ‘UFC On FOX’ broadcasts.

He also indicated that while the current deal was only for one year, beginning on August 1st, he may decide to continue on past that point.

you should be happy then.

Or really dumb you have him as your avatar.

Hogan is good at what he does.

Amazing news.

I hope he has 5 more years in him.

I hope a part of that agreement is that he wears glasses. Seeing someone missing a shot and hearing Rogan go "oooooooooh" is a bit annoying and very anti climatic. Similar to what my ex said about me.

sounds like flying to Australia for UFC 193 took 2 years off his life or something

I hope a part of that agreement is that he wears glasses. Seeing someone missing a shot and hearing Rogan go "oooooooooh" is a bit annoying and very anti climatic. Similar to what my ex said about me.

I think I see what you did there....

I'm disappointed, was hoping for the Rogan era to come to an end.

"And on top of that, there’s the recovery time"

Unfortunately for him this seems to be Rogans greatest comedic line :D

Lets just hope in a year he disappears and never comes back!

I don't understand the hate for him. I hope the guy decides to stick around longer, he does his job well.

Poor guy, sucks flying free first class around the world.

I imagine it's not always easy to see what's going on when you're looking up through the cage. That's a big part of the reason I'll never go to a live event. Can't see WTF is going on (even at cageside.)

I feel that Rogan does a pretty good job. He creates a nice balance of hype and insightful commentary. Seems that there are always people that will complain about any commentator. It's never the reason why I do or do not enjoy a fight.

He's rarely been doing international events recently anyway. This sounds nearly exactly the same as his current arrangement.

More fight companions where he and Schaub can bully Callen.

I like Rogan. He gets too excitable at times, or gets on one fighters nuts a bit too much, but he really loves the sport and knows a lot about it. That being said, I don't give a shit if he stays or goes. I watch for the fights.

Last edited:
Back