Lord Rogan signs new deal

He already cut down on his international shows anyway. Half of the shows last year were done by Stann and Kenflo. Just seems like business as usual.

EAF.jpg

He's no Lord of mine.

Good news to me, i like Joe and i don't really understand all the hate too. For me, he is the voice of the UFC and i love his duo with Mike..
"Oh Mike, he is hurt!
-down goes Conor!!"

One more year of

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HE IS HURT MIKE. MIIIIIIIIKE THAT CHOKE IS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT MIKE. HE IS OUT COOOOOLD MIKE, COOOOOLLLLDDDDD.. ZOMG MISSION CONTROL MIKE, WATCH OUT FOR THE MISSION CONTROOOOOOL!!!!! ITS A LEG LOCK. THAT LEG LOCK IS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. OH HE HAS BIG MUSCLES MIKE HE IS SLOWWING DOOOOWWWNNN!!!
I"M JUST YELLING FOR NO REASON MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

KBNcZ.gif

I imagine it's not always easy to see what's going on when you're looking up through the cage. That's a big part of the reason I'll never go to a live event. Can't see WTF is going on (even at cageside.)

I feel that Rogan does a pretty good job. He creates a nice balance of hype and insightful commentary. Seems that there are always people that will complain about any commentator. It's never the reason why I do or do not enjoy a fight.

Yeah, I don't bash Rogan for it or didn't mean for it to come across that way. Even watching on telly you see fighter's getting clipped, going down in a heap and not really seeing what happened until the replay comes up. I'm not really paying too much heed of what Rogan and Goldberg are saying at the time and I think a lot of fans have learned so much about the ground game from listening to him, but it seems his 'ooooooh' moments are becoming a bit more of a regular thing - which can be noticeable. But you're right, they're watching a fight when it's on the feet through the cage and on the monitors when it goes to ground, it seems.

I think all the commentators do a good job. There was a discussion about who would replace Rogan if he left and Stann's name was mentioned - who a lot of folk criticised for going into too much detail about a fighter that even a ULTRA HARDCORE FAN wouldn't have known much or anything about them. Stann obviously does his research from the first fight to the last. I think in that sense he's better than the rest.

Will he continue to hype fights sitting in a dark room and claiming that X fighter is "one of the most..." ?

Many more leg kick orgasms to come.

What is he "soooo" busy with outside of UFC?

I don't understand the hate for him. I hope the guy decides to stick around longer, he does his job well.

Because Cry-asses need something to Cry-ass about. Dudes been around a LONG ass time, and I think he does a great job. Never gonna please everybody.

thats basically what I predicted, well minus the one year thing

thought he would have quit or done like 5 years

I like Rogan, he balances Mike's stupidity pretty well

Glad to hear it. I like having him around. Would still love for them to bring in Mauro and Bas to replace anything Anik or Florini related though.

I've gone past giving a fuck about UFC commentators.

He's rarely been doing international events recently anyway. This sounds nearly exactly the same as his current arrangement.
And wasn't the main problem that he's afraid of foreign places?
He was vocal about that way back.

For just one ppv I'd like to hear Bas and Rogan do commentary together.

Or maybe Rogan, Bas, and Sonnen.

I don't understand why people are focusing on Rogan quitting and not Goldberg, Rogan is clearly the better of the two.

On the other hand, I think it's one of those just got used to it things for me where I can look past a lot of the annoying stuff, I've just gotten used to them for so long. I don't really think about it much, I'm too focused on the fights. It would just feel weird without Rogan and Goldberg. Very few times did something stand out to me that wasn't so bad it was funny. A lot of the time when Mike makes horrible mistakes I laugh.

I think the only time I legitimately thought Rogan was kind of being a knob was the Cat Zingano interview, but even after the fact the gifs of the batman interrogation being altered were hilarious. I tend to appreciate things like that, I don't know if we'd get them if we got some really dry sounding by the book types just saying what is going on. I'd almost be fine with no commentary as well. If somebody doesn't understand what a jab is or an arm triangle, etc. etc. they're probably not going to want to learn about it from a guy talking about it like paint drying, they're probably the just bleed types, and if someone already knows what it is, it's like somebody telling you what you just saw as if that's really needed.

It's like 5 am so I am kind of rambling, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't understand why people feel so strongly about Rogan leaving one way or the other, I'm sure it'll happen eventually but when it does I'm sure there's a lot of funny shit (intentional or not) that we'll miss out on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back