Lopes vs Ortega commentary is horrendous

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
They made a comment about how Lopes will be upset if he loses this fight because he didn't put his foot on the gas.

DC and Rogan are watching a different fight. Brian has landed nothing of substance while Lopes has dropped him with heavy hooks and all they can talk about is how Lopes looks tired. Well yeah because he is actually fighting, Brian is fighting to survive.

Even his own corner is saying he needs a finish going into the 3rd.

30-26 isnt close at all

In the second Rogan says nice right hand by Ortega, then Diego returns with a much bigger right hand and he says nothing.

Even Anik kept talking about how Lopes was grabbing his neck, but it had zero bearing on the fight. Just shut up and call the fight like it is and stop trying to make it so dramatic.

Last edited:
I don't think Lopes is on par with Topuria/Vokanovski/Holloway, but he just beat the #3 ranked guy. Match him up with the winner of Sterling/Evloev. That makes the most sense.

Number 3 ranked guy...who has won one fight in 4 years. Who has had massive injury problems. And who has been beaten half to death in multiple fights over that 4 years, including in the one fight he won.

Let's not overstate how much it means by relying on the UFC's bullshit rankings.

Am I listening to different commentary? Seemed fine to me. People just like to hate on dc and Rogan.
Maybe you were too busy listening to the commentary and not watching the fight.

Diego beat the shit out of Brian, but commentary was trying to make it seem closer than it was. Diego was virtually untouched in this fight.

I actually like both guys, but you got to call it out when you hear ridiculous things, doesn't matter if its DC or Rogan, they both shit the bed with their analysis of the the fight.

Number 3 ranked guy...who has won one fight in 4 years. Who has had massive injury problems. And who has been beaten half to death in multiple fights over that 4 years, including in the one fight he won.

Let's not overstate how much it means by relying on the UFC's bullshit rankings.

Not just that but as he says himself, he just wants to play Fortnite (timestamped):

Maybe you were too busy listening to the commentary and not watching the fight.

Diego beat the shit out of Brian, but commentary was trying to make it seem closer than it was. Diego was virtually untouched in this fight.

I actually like both guys, but you got to call it out when you hear ridiculous things, doesn't matter if its DC or Rogan, they both shit the bed with their analysis of the the fight.
I think you've got it backwards. If anything I was too busy watching the fights instead of listening to the commentary. Since apparently I didn't hear the dumb shit they were saying.

Ortega will go down as one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history. He has been riding that Frankie Edgar win for over 6 years now and has done literally nothing except get his face smashed in since. How he is still ranked in the top 3 positively mystifies me

Back