Looks Like Waterson Retired Paige VanZant

She could always try out for the lingerie football league.

4042110068_2cbcf88ab5_b.jpg

slide_325616_3122561_free.jpg

228c5ae87e97077e83034e2bf242cb7c.jpg

This is the result of pushing fighters too far too fast. The UFC constantly kills the longevity of their stars for the quick buck in the here and now. Paige should have slowly built up and they've put her in 2 main events already. It's insane and an example of exactly how not to build long term stars. The UFC suffers because of desicions like this.

Is that to say that most fighters are fighters because they can do nothing else?
A lot of fighters have said that. And I'm not trying to insult them saying they can't do anything else, but most of them probably wouldn't be able to make anywheres near the same money doing something else. It's not like it's easy to be a millionaire. She might have other avenues to do that, and most fighters, or people in general, don't

you guys actually took time to not read the quote out of context? ya nerds!

Excellent!

Wouldn't be surprised if this is due to the new ownership.

Hope more follow.

A lot of fighters have said that. And I'm not trying to insult them saying they can't do anything else, but most of them probably wouldn't be able to make anywheres near the same money doing something else. It's not like it's easy to be a millionaire. She might have other avenues to do that, and most fighters, or people in general, don't

Most fighters aren't millionaires though.

I think a lot of guys can do other things, and in fact many have moved on from the sport to do exactly that. But I think for many, the passion for fighting is a true passion.

It's easy to quit WMMA when you're a decent looking woman because anything with a pair of tits and a nice face can make money simply sitting on their ass in front of a computer or dancing on TV

Guys don't have that luxury
Speak for yourself, buddeh.

I make dolla bills, yo, just walking down da street ...

Seriously, though, and way off topic but why the fuck is Alan Jouban so driven to be a good fighter when he can just sit around looking pretty?

Some people around here try to emasculate him for being a model but fighting at his level and being a model is kind of insane. He must be an awesome kind of crazy.

Rose got her exit paperwork filled out and Waterson signed it.

This is going to continue to be a plague on wmma's popularity. The so called "pretty ones" who are or could be made popular just flake out when losing a bad one outside of miesha tate who is now unfortunately retired after a long career. I'm noticing like next to no buzz at all for Ronda's return after her mental break down and hiatus. They were trying to groom pvz to be a popular figure in wmma, and now she's mentioning just doing other things instead. And sorry, but nobody is really going to care about someone like nunes in the grand scale popularity wise. Joanna is fantastic, but even the pop for her dosen't seem to be that substantial. Unfortunately for the UFC, if a pretty one starts winning. There's nothing stopping people from the entertainment industry just up and offering them money to do other things as they can't stop them from doing things outside of fighting.

Gina Carano is doing well for herself even after getting decimated by Cyborg. She had natural beauty and some favorable features that let her just do other things. Didn't quite work out for Ronda since it's pretty well known she has to be completely dolled up to be considered 'hot' so the entertainment industry lost interest once she lost her aura of invincibility, hence why she's fighting again. PVZ is pretty, and cleans up real nice. And with her exposure on dancing with the stars, could easily see her getting work despite having a bad loss or two.
She cleans up like an eraser troll. Look, it's fine if she's a great, or even just good, actress but that's incredibly unlikely. She did great on DWTS but pro-dancer? Also unlikely. I think her IT Factor has been greatly exaggerated.

I think she needs to get more experience and train more , keep fighting while she builds her other ventures. RIght now it's a house of cards.

Fuck the UFC for creating these hype jobs. They can almost never live up to it.

Meanwhile, Lando is not even sniffing a main card. Hopefully his performances will speak loud enough. Not just the way he looks, not just his percieved 'it factor' by a creepy old bald liar and not for being as insanely audacious as possible and just spouting retarded nonsense.

Last edited:
She's an average looking chick when it comes to being an actress or anything in that light.

Good - once she goes and Rousey goes, the UFC's obsession with blonde American birds they think are attractive will go too, and WMMA might follow.

Good for her. She is still way bigger fighter than all her critics here.

I wish retirement were so easy for the rest of us.
"Work was a little rough today, I am cashing out".

Seriously though, I hope she isn't planning on trading on her looks. Her looks are only noteworthy compared to other girls getting decked in the face for a leaving, and she might not even be in the top 5 UFC hotties at that. But maybe I am an ass and she is actually talking about pursing her career in bio chemistry or some shit.

I'm pretty sure at the press conference she said she's going to come back and hold the belt one day. Doesn't sound like a retiring statement to me.

It's her fault. This is her payback for congratulating Holly on her win. Fake humility bitch....

Back