Looks like Ruiz is heading to Cardiff.

This is the old win my title back trick, just fight at home and look bad and get knocked down again but win a close fight I actually lost fair and square and everyone complains except UK fans and that's a fact jack, we have seen this movie before.

Ruiz would be stupid to fight Joshua in the United Kingdom when he's the champion and calls the shots and lives in California, have the fight in Mexico or Staples Center or Vegas or New York or tell then to take one of his belts witch they actually will and give it right to Joshua anyway if they don't fight.

Watch Joshua fight someone else and wait for the belt to be stripped and given to him, just like they did to Riddick Bow for fighting Holyfield twice.

This is laughable. Far more controversy’s and ‘robberies’ happen in the states than anywhere else, fact! Canelo ggg 1 and fury wilder being some recent ones. Name some dodgy decisions in Britain recently, and I’ll name a whole lot more controversial fights held in the US to counter it. I don't expect a response from you on this!

Home advantage is about familiarity and having the crowd behind you. It’s no surprise that both guys want it

And why would Ruiz not fight a rematch even if it is over here? He’s already stopped Joshua once and he’ll earn far more Money against AJ than anyone else. He’ll clearly take the fight as he has confidence in his own abilities and isn’t full of shit like some of the other top heavies

Last edited:
If I were Ruiz I would be gravely concerned with special PED testing procedures for Joshy.

Watch Joshua fight someone else and wait for the belt to be stripped and given to him, just like they did to Riddick Bow for fighting Holyfield twice.

What is this supposed to mean exactly?

You do realise that there was an agreement in place between Bowe-Holyfield-Lewis-Ruddock, that the winners of the 2 fights between the pair would fight each other, and those winners were Bowe and Lewis.

It was Bowe who decided he no longer wanted to fight Lewis, and gave up his belt as Lewis was the number one contendor.....i dont think you know what your talking about

Ruiz would be stupid to fight Joshua in the United Kingdom when he's the champion and calls the shots and lives in California, have the fight in Mexico or Staples Center or Vegas or New York or tell then to take one of his belts witch they actually will and give it right to Joshua anyway if they don't fight..

Following that logic Joshua should never have had to fight in the USA like never ever.

What is this supposed to mean exactly?

You do realise that there was an agreement in place between Bowe-Holyfield-Lewis-Ruddock, that the winners of the 2 fights between the pair would fight each other, and those winners were Bowe and Lewis.

It was Bowe who decided he no longer wanted to fight Lewis, and gave up his belt as Lewis was the number one contendor.....i dont think you know what your talking about

Think ?

You mean there’s doubt.

"neutral ground" LOL

Imagine the shock if Ruiz knocks him on his ass again though, in his own country. It could definitely happen and it would plummet AJ's stock so badly ...

I think the kid shows some balls by going for the immediate rematch. Either they know or saw something and they'll look like geniuses, or Hearn goes down in history as 'the guy who burried Joshua's career'.

I'm excited about this fight!

"neutral ground" LOL

Imagine the shock if Ruiz knocks him on his ass again though, in his own country. It could definitely happen and it would plummet AJ's stock so badly ...

I think the kid shows some balls by going for the immediate rematch. Either they know or saw something and they'll look like geniuses, or Hearn goes down in history as 'the guy who burried Joshua's career'.

I'm excited about this fight!

I’d imagine this is Joshua’s call, not hearns?

The problem is he still wants to be undisputed champion. He’s the only guy in the division that has ever been serious about it. If Ruiz fights someone else he could lose or at least be stripped of a belt or 2. If Joshua still dreams of being undisputed, he has to rematch him immediately. Otherwise it will probably never happen

I’d imagine this is Joshua’s call, not hearns?

I honestly don't know, but I guess you might be right. If Hearn had his way he might be inclined to give AJ a tune up fight first ...

It's so risky, especially since Ruiz beat him so thoroughly, it wasn't some fluke. Like I said, if something was just off with AJ that night or they saw something to their advantage and he beats Ruiz in that rematch (which he might), they'll look like geniuses. But if he doesn't? Oof..

Last edited:
I honestly don't know, but I guess you might be right. If Hearn had his way he might be inclined to give AJ a tune up fight first ...

It's so risky, especially since Ruiz beat him so thoroughly, it wasn't some fluke. Like I said, if something was just off with AJ that night or they saw something to their advantage and he beats Ruiz in that rematch (which he might), they'll look like geniuses. But if he doesn't? Oof..

Very few pros over here have said he should get straight back at it. I think it’s a fcking huge risk, but I understand why heavy doing it. Fair play to the man. He has shown that he is the only guy willing to fight the best fighters to reach his goal

Whether he still had effects of the concussion are immaterial. He lost. Imo he badly fcked up when he hurt Ruiz and paid for it. Hopefully he’s learned from this mistake. Would he have won if he fought more conservatively? Who knows. His gas tank is horrible so there’s always a chance that he gassed and gets hurt late.

In think the rematch will be boring if Joshua wins. It will be ultra cautious. Definitely looking forward to it though

This is laughable. Far more controversy’s and ‘robberies’ happen in the states than anywhere else, fact! Canelo ggg 1 and fury wilder being some recent ones. Name some dodgy decisions in Britain recently, and I’ll name a whole lot more controversial fights held in the US to counter it. I don't expect a response from you on this!

Home advantage is about familiarity and having the crowd behind you. It’s no surprise that both guys want it

And why would Ruiz not fight a rematch even if it is over here? He’s already stopped Joshua once and he’ll earn far more Money against AJ than anyone else. He’ll clearly take the fight as he has confidence in his own abilities and isn’t full of shit like some of the other top heavies

I think the robberies usually go to the money fighter. Joshua was up on one judges card before the stoppage. The other 2 had Ruiz up by one point.
Ruiz biggest reason for not wanting to fight in the UK is that he could possibly be fighting a doped up Joshua as happened with Whyte/Rivas. I'm not accusing Joshua but would you fight there with what just happened?

I think the robberies usually go to the money fighter. Joshua was up on one judges card before the stoppage. The other 2 had Ruiz up by one point.
Ruiz biggest reason for not wanting to fight in the UK is that he could possibly be fighting a doped up Joshua as happened with Whyte/Rivas. I'm not accusing Joshua but would you fight there with what just happened?

it was actually ukad that busted Whyte. He passed vada’s testing. So That is not a reason not to fight in Britain. The only issue he should have is as the champion he should call the shots. And he wants to fight in front of his fans. I think that is the issue. We don’t know what is in the rematch clause though?

it was actually ukad that busted Whyte. He passed vada’s testing. So That is not a reason not to fight in Britain. The only issue he should have is as the champion he should call the shots. And he wants to fight in front of his fans. I think that is the issue. We don’t know what is in the rematch clause though?

Whether someone is cleared to fight even though they popped for PEDs in the UK and whether they should be able to are 2 different things. Rivas life and career were on the line.

Agree the champ should call the shots but I suspect the rematch obligates him to agree to Joshua's desired location. I don't think it matters from a judging pov. They'll still favor AJ. The powers that be want that money train going again.

Hearn will no doubt be offering huge cash to Ruiz to secure any edge which helps in getting the AJ moneytrain rolling again.

Ruiz should just take the money and bring it IMO.

Joshua isn’t good enough to “win a boring fight” against someone as aggressive and quick as Ruiz, and will no doubt be drawn into a firefight again.

Even if Ruiz loses, he’s in the mix for more shots and paydays. Different story for AJ. Fascinating setup.
I dunno, man. Allowing Hearn to have a hand in picking the ref is foolish. By beating Joshua, he earned the right to not have to deal with that horseshit

That’s because UKAD is a legitimate government testing agency. VADA is a joke and is completely funded by donations, wonder who the donors are????

Wouldn’t trust VADA one bit.

Last edited:
This is all surely just to fuck with Ruiz at this point.

I think it's just the Saudis throwing silly money around.

If it's going to be fucking with anyone, it will be AJ. In the below article he talks about how having 90,000 of his fans gives him the lift he needs. In S Arabia, with no beer, there is no atmosphere so won't help him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49255262

He also talks about, "getting his passion for boxing back". He could still be playing down the sparring KO rumours, but that's negative talk.

Back