• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looks like Khabib is getting political in retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I believe the Quran is the word of God why would I ignore it and do what I want - makes no sense.

You are at the whim of society and whatever laws man tells you to follow. They change a law and you have to follow it and you have no recourse to protest.

In my religion I have free will to do what I like. I just know there is a consequence good/bad depending on how I behave.

Religion is nothing more than a mechanism of control. Religion makes you think, act and live a certain way for fear of the consequences. People should realize they are nothing more than fairy tales, designed to create power, create control, and basically brainwash you into following a certain set of principles. It’s about power and control through fear and intimidation.

No all knowing, all powerful, and infinitely wise being would punish those who may have a different view, especially considering there is basically no evidence that proves any of these religious doctrines.

I wish I could help people realize this but ultimately you are responsible for your own life and if you chose to follow these control mechanisms due to fear, that is on you.

It's just unfortunate because I look around and I see all of these people who have fallen for the fallacies of religion and I can't do anything about it, because the fear of being tortured for living incorrectly is too strong in these people's minds.

Even as I speak these words, in the back of my mind, somewhere deep down there is a nagging feeling that maybe I shouldn't be saying this. Maybe I'll be punished. Why? I don't believe any of it. However, I've been told all my life while growing up that this is true. I've been conditioned to accept that religion is true. I see much of the world around me following these teachings.

I know its not true, but the mere fact that I've been told over and over that it is, it casts seeds of doubt that can overrule logic and understanding. It goes to show the power of fear and the foretold consequences of not following the right path.

Imagine the effect it has on those whose minds are not as free and strong. You end up with complete manipulation and the mindset that most people have today, which is complete acceptance of utter bullshit.

I dont know, you'll have to ask them. But I've never heard of any muslim holding that belief. (I think it might be idolatrous).

I believe the guy believed he was "defending islam" through his actions (the chechen, not the church beheadings. Those ones are suspect).
I don't have to ask them there are plenty of videos where you can listen to what they believe as they are terrorizing and killing, every attack is the same

Nobody is saying he cant say what he said, we are calling him low iq and brainwashed. You can tell me you like to touch little kids and I'll say you are mentally fucked doesn't mean you can't say it.
Oh ok so we're all triggered here.

wtf??
this works only if we are talking about 10 year old kids.
adults are supposed to be able to handle their feelings not lash out like infantile idiots
come on, man
well.... they knew for a long time that adults would behave this way, maybe reconsider immigration policy? It's kind of like hiring practices, if you see a repeat felon for burglary, will you hire a known burglar for your retail business?
Your logic makes no sense.

France "welcomes these people" so that they can come and live under French culture, advance French interests, and integrate into their country

In return, those Muslims are given social benefits, paid for their work, given access to better standard of living and education.

Don't act as though those poor Muslims are just victims here. They're equal partners in a social contract with the country they've immigrated to. If they don't like it, they can fuck off and go back to those shithole countries that they originally came from.
I dont know how french immigration is and how practical. All across the US, cultures keep their culture after immigrating. We've got little tokyo, little armenia, olivera street, china town, ect. The entire city of Santa Ana is like mexico <Lmaoo>

you're fooling yourself if you believe this is happening. They might take in 10% of french culture, and keep 90% of their own culture.

better standard of life, ect. I have a feeling that they are simply taking advantage of that because they can..... nobody rejects free stuff, I sure as hell dont. If Trump or Biden give me a stimulus check, no strings attached, I'm cashing it.
The difference here is the drawings did not target Muslims - They targeted religion. They drew pictures of angry Jews and pedophile Pope as well. Where are the Jews and Catholics killing people in the street over being mocked?

Religion deserves to be mocked. To say religion is off limits of mockery is saying that people have the right not to be offended. Do you want comedy banned as well? There's plenty of offensive comedy out there. What about momma jokes?

Something offensive to me may not be offensive to you and vise versa. Silencing speech is not the answer. If your belief system reverts to violence over jokes and mockery, YOU are the problem. Not he person making the jokes.
it's about compatible more forgiving people vs seething at their teeth beheadings. Different strokes different folks. I'm not saying to silent speech, I'm saying that promoting what muslims consider hate speech is not a good idea. I cant go in the streets of santa monica and call my buddies a f@g, the queers would be all upset over that. Charlie Hedbo can make these drawing and at the same time, it can be legal and offensive. I'm not advocating beheadings, just pointing out that there's a chance muslim citizen relations will go south.

No Macron is. Why would some innocent old woman in a Church be an instigator?

Jews have special protection so why not Muslims and Christians?
You get protections from any kind of violence. Sure, not from criticism. You’re free to deny the Holocaust If you want. At least here in the states. People are very critical of Judaism and Christianity, but Islam, you can’t even draw a picture of Mohamed? Without death threats? You can’t threaten death over this.

Khabib isn't a beta though. He's smeshed every infidel he's fought lol
You can be a tough guy physically but a mental midget beta. Crying about rap music, a play with a woman in lingerie, and cartoons is not alpha shit

Oh ok so we're all triggered here.
Getting angry over someone inciting violence isnt "triggered". Imagine me saying you were triggered because you got mad someone said he wants to off a bunch of high school bullies

Imagine if he was a Nazi supporter, nobody would hire him ever outside of Dagestan. But supporting Jihadism is OK.
By the way, Obama agrees with him 'the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam'.

Jews have special protection so why not Muslims and Christians?

There are no special protections from mocking Judaism or any religion because they are merely ideologies.

Hate speech laws in France protect Muslims, Jews etc etc. Mocking religion is not hate speech and never should be. The examples of human rights abuses because of blasphemy are very widespread.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I'm talking about that you are not thinking for yourself if you follow a book without question. When questioning it is blasphemy and a punishable act there is no room left for progress. Whatever the book says you just say "Ok. This is what I will think.". Doing this is not thinking for oneself.

You get your morality from the society around you and nothing else. You're a victim of the whims of whoever is in power at the time.

No. This is mistaken. It's true if one does not want to think, but it doesn't have to be that way. It is true for many, but everyone can learn to think better.
I think this is a great line on this subject and where we differ in a fundamental way:
"The moral is the chosen, not the forced; the understood, not the obeyed. The moral is the rational, and reason accepts no commandments."

I don't blame you for your stupidity tbh. You believe everything you read and have no clue about how the religion is derived. Believe what you want.
I believe everything I read? lol how fucking ironic.

What did they say?
I can find more but this direct quote sums it up quite well

"The real muslims will never accept the filthy ways of the west” …“You kill innocent women and children by doing us airstrikes..now taste the Islamic state vengeance.”

You can be a tough guy physically but a mental midget beta. Crying about rap music, a play with a woman in lingerie, and cartoons is not alpha shit
Actually is very masculine to get triggered.

People in the past were always getting triggered. Its only a recent phenomenon where men are expected to have their honor insulted and smile like a cuck about it.

In the past a mere slight would get you beaten up.
HHurt
a mobsters feelings and you'd end up dead. Talk trash to a cowboy in the wild west and you'd get challenged to a duel.
Go up to a viking and insult Odin or make fun of a samurai's topknot you'd be left headless.

But all these guys were beta males compared to D1 wrestler lol. 21st century american lgbt soyboys who have no sense of pride or self worth.

Actually is very masculine to get triggered.

People in the past were always getting triggered. Its only a recent phenomenon where men are expected to have their honor insulted and smile like a cuck about it.

In the past a mere slight would get you beaten up.
HHurt
a mobsters feelings and you'd end up dead. Talk trash to a cowboy in the wild west and you'd get challenged to a duel.
Go up to a viking and insult Odin or make fun of a samurai's topknot you'd be left headless.

But all these guys were beta males compared to D1 wrestler lol. 21st century american lgbt soyboys who have no sense of pride or self worth.
Defending anger over a cartoon. True beta

He did, don't say you weren't told or informed of it.

Um no? i havent met god.

I have however met several guys who claim they know the will of god, who am i supposed to believe according to you? the Bible guy or the Quran guy?

Nobody is saying he cant say what he said, we are calling him low iq and brainwashed. You can tell me you like to touch little kids and I'll say you are mentally fucked doesn't mean you can't say it.

dude, be careful. I know you're not accusing anyone of Pedo like stuff but the mods are cracking down aggressively on this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back