Look's like its on - Hatton-Mayweather part two

PBF wants another easy paycheck...

This would be insane.

Part of me doesnt want to see this fight happen but 100,000 people would be absolutely unreal.

But damn, when is PBF going to fight Cotto?

It would be a historic event for boxing?

What's the current attendance record for a boxing event?

The first fight was razor close. Hatton has a real shot this time!

:D

like i said in the other thread...when i hear this from the mayweather camp I'll believe it.

when is PBF going to fight Cotto?

i hope to god it happens soon, but people don't forget that floyds people tried to fight cotto how many times at lww ?

Mayweather 'wants Hatton rematch'

mmm floyd vs hatton 2 at wembley = 90,000 people plus 1 to 2 million ppv = 20 million minimum for floyd = hatton 2 > cotto

Floyd Mayweather is considering a rematch with Ricky Hatton at Wembley Stadium next spring, according to the Manchester boxer's promotional team.

Hatton, who fights Mexico's Juan Lazcano at the City of Manchester Stadium on 24 May, was stopped in 10 rounds by Mayweather last December.

Richard Schaefer, head of Golden Boy promotions, said: "It's very likely that Floyd will come over next spring.

"Floyd and his manager Al Hayman are very serious about it."

Interview: Richard Schaefer

Hatton believes referee Joe Cortez contributed to his only defeat in 44 professional contests in Las Vegas and is keen to face WBC welterweight champion Mayweather again under different circumstances.

If Junior Witter was fighting in my backyard, I'd shut the curtains

Ricky Hatton

"I thought the referee was a little bit harsh, the warnings were only coming one way and I lost my cool a little bit," said the 29-year-old.

"But I don't want to be an old man sat with my pipe and slippers in years to come and be blaming it on the referee.

"So I'd like to have another crack at him with a referee on better form and then if Floyd was to beat me again I could say, 'now you know'."

Before a return fight can be sealed, Hatton must first come through his fight with Lazcano before a possible clash with IBF light-welterweight champion Paul Malignaggi at New York's Madison Square Garden in the autumn.

Malignaggi, a native New Yorker, defends his title for a second time against Lovemore N'dou on the undercard of Hatton-Lazcano.

606: DEBATE
Could 90,000 screaming Hatton fans make him invincible once more, just as in his fight against Kostya Tszyu?

Steve

Mayweather, meanwhile, must negotiate a rematch with Oscar de la Hoya on 20 September, as well as an appearance at WWE's Wrestlemania.

Schaefer added: "While Floyd would have to get past Oscar first, he knows that Ricky has talked about the referee.

"He wants to show that he will repeat what happened the first time and fighting in front of 100,000 fans would be huge motivation for Floyd."

Hatton ruled out a clash with domestic rival and WBC light-welterweight champion Junior Witter, saying: "If Junior Witter was fighting in my backyard, I'd shut the curtains."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/7317099.stm

It would be a historic event for boxing?

What's the current attendance record for a boxing event?

Jack Dempsey vs Firpo had about 80,000 as an number

JackDempsey vs Tunney had over 120,000. I think thats the record.

Mayweather is going to have another big payday!!

I think the Big Show is working Hatton's corner this time.

no he's got the undertaker and bapista

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IEiCpJxir8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IEiCpJxir8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Regardless if it would be to beat the record it still would be an epic event.
Hatton would likely lose it would still be a great opportunity to see Mayweather and just to be an event like that would be amazing.

Hope it comes off.

I dont. I want to see Mayweather fight guys that are legitimate challengers, not overmatched part 2's.

If it went decision I'd be excited but Mayweather knocked his ass out. De La Hoya fight will be good though.,

If it went decision I'd be excited but Mayweather knocked his ass out. De La Hoya fight will be good though.,

No. It wont.

Mayweather vs Cotto
Mayweather vs. Margarito
Mayweather vs. Mosley

All of these I could get behind.

No. It wont.

Mayweather vs Cotto
Mayweather vs. Margarito
Mayweather vs. Mosley

All of these I could get behind.

but but but it was the refs fault hatton lost not ricky's

Back