Look's like its on - Hatton-Mayweather part two

I might try and go to that depending on if Im near it at the time and how much tickets are.

Hatton has a bigger chance in England, I say Floyd keeps it safe and gets a comfy enough UD.

I might try and go to that depending on if Im near it at the time and how much tickets are.

Hatton has a bigger chance in England, I say Floyd keeps it safe and gets a comfy enough UD.

Unless it goes to a decision, and is a robbery on par with Casamayor vs Santa Cruz, how will Hatton have a better chance in the UK? He's a smaller, slower and less skilled fighter. He's supposed to be great working within the clinch, but he got completely bullied in those situations when Cortez let them fight there. He's inferior from distance, he's inferior in close. There is absolutely NO reason for these stupid rematches.

If Floyd takes this fight in the UK, you can bet he'll insist on picking the ref and American judges.

Unless it goes to a decision, and is a robbery on par with Casamayor vs Santa Cruz, how will Hatton have a better chance in the UK? He's a smaller, slower and less skilled fighter. He's supposed to be great working within the clinch, but he got completely bullied in those situations when Cortez let them fight there. He's inferior from distance, he's inferior in close. There is absolutely NO reason for these stupid rematches.

Ive been over this with a few different people the last few days, but I think Cortez ruined the first fight by being overly-vigilant and jumping between them every 5 seconds. Hatton could get no momentum at all, he still would have lost, but he would have been able to push harder had the infighting been allowed to go ahead and if Cortez has stopped Floyd blatantly measuring illegally with the forearm and elbow.

If Floyd takes this fight in the UK, you can bet he'll insist on picking the ref and American judges.

The judges wont matter, Hatton cannot win a decision IMO unless he gets such a ridiculous hometown decision, the ref is a bigger issue. If they go for an England ref that'll let the mauling go on, Floyd wont be happy. Cortez was obviously briefed to stop all manner of infighting and he over-reacted and went nuts with it.

Ive been over this with a few different people the last few days, but I think Cortez ruined the first fight by being overly-vigilant and jumping between them every 5 seconds. Hatton could get no momentum at all, he still would have lost, but he would have been able to push harder had the infighting been allowed to go ahead and if Cortez has stopped Floyd blatantly measuring illegally with the forearm and elbow.

Ive seen you argue it, but the point is that in the situations that were supposed to favor Hatton, he got beat up.

Infighting involves the forearms, elbows and the rest. Sad but true, maybe. Hatton has always loved it when the boxing match would become a street brawl. He was getting out brawled by Mayweather, and out boxed when they were seperated. If anything, Cortez helped Hatton by getting him out of the clinches. Joe Cortez had fuckall to do with how the fight went down, and justifying a rematch when theres great fights to be made because of the ref is bullshit.

in the end, its the event itself that will be remembered. if they can pack wembley stadium, then im all for it.

This is fucking Horseshit! Please don't anyone pay money to see Hoya or Hatton vs. Mayweather. Don't put any more of your money in their pockets!:mad:

Ive seen you argue it, but the point is that in the situations that were supposed to favor Hatton, he got beat up.

Infighting involves the forearms, elbows and the rest. Sad but true, maybe. Hatton has always loved it when the boxing match would become a street brawl. He was getting out brawled by Mayweather, and out boxed when they were seperated. If anything, Cortez helped Hatton by getting him out of the clinches. Joe Cortez had fuckall to do with how the fight went down, and justifying a rematch when theres great fights to be made because of the ref is bullshit.

No, the ref did have a bigger role than he should have had. One guy is getting forearmed and elbowed in the face repeatedly, and the ref takes a point off the other for almost nothing. It was badly handled in several ways, and again acknowledging that Mayweather is a better fighter and will prob always win, I think we were robbed of a much better fight.

Hatton does favour a brawl, but in boxing a brawl should involved gloves, not elbows and arms.

As far a the record goes I believe that Chavez v Haugen in Estadio Azteca had 118,000.

No. It wont.

Mayweather vs Cotto
Mayweather vs. Margarito
Mayweather vs. Mosley

All of these I could get behind.

Agree....

Any of these three and more (although if Mosley loses to Judah, he should probably consider hanging them up) would be viable match ups, I have 0 interest in a Floyd/Hatton rematch.

How can you go and say comfy decision after telling me it wouldve been an exciting fight if Joe Cortez NOT been the ref for the first fight?

hatton should fair better in second fight, he wasted too much energy in his locker room before the fight i thought

I agree with Mschatz. Cotto, Margarito, Mosley is much more appealing than Big show, De la hoya, Hatton

When Leonard got an immediate rematch with Duran, I fully understood why... He had various tools to bring to the ring, and thus could alter his way of fighting to bring about a more favorable outcome to him. What can Hatton do to make the rematch more competitive? He can only fight in one mode... This is a dumb fight to put together right now. I'd like to see Mayweather against bigger and more dangerous opponents. Hatton doesn't pack the one punch power he would need to make this fight one in which he could win.

When Leonard got an immediate rematch with Duran, I fully understood why... He had various tools to bring to the ring, and thus could alter his way of fighting to bring about a more favorable outcome to him. What can Hatton do to make the rematch more competitive? He can only fight in one mode... This is a dumb fight to put together right now. I'd like to see Mayweather against bigger and more dangerous opponents. Hatton doesn't pack the one punch power he would need to make this fight one in which he could win.
could not agree more ,I rather see mayweather mosley than this.Hatton dosent have the size or pedigree to compete with mayweather.hatton wants pbf in england were he can bust another koysta tszu (wich still wont work)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back