Rumored Looks like Chimaev and the UFC reached an agreement

Who's the likely opponent for Chimaev right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just wrote a post about still being a fan of his but being sick of the fact that he hasn't even fought a middleweight besides Meerkat.

Its always something with him.
agreed. And especially how he started his UFC tenure like he was shot out of a cannon. I will always watch but won't be invested until the cage walk.

I'm not all that confident that the UFC wants to give a title fight to a guy that can't travel to the US. Any updates on Khamzat's visa status?

In a recent interview, Chimaev’s coach revealed that his fighter had moved to the UAE because he believed it would alleviate his travel issues, especially if he were to secure an Emirati passport to supplement his Russian citizenship.

From 3 months ago.

<Neil01>

Also

[Chimaev] just got a 10-year visa in Abu Dhabi and will apply for a type of passport here in the U.A.E., something like a citizenship, that could be used for travels,” Nascimento said.

I don't see them risking him getting the belt with his constant Visa issues. Probably a fight against Jared or Azog.

In a recent interview, Chimaev’s coach revealed that his fighter had moved to the UAE because he believed it would alleviate his travel issues, especially if he were to secure an Emirati passport to supplement his Russian citizenship.

From 3 months ago.

<Neil01>

Also

[Chimaev] just got a 10-year visa in Abu Dhabi and will apply for a type of passport here in the U.A.E., something like a citizenship, that could be used for travels,” Nascimento said.
I thought his visa issues had to do with being friends with that Warlord. I can't see why his Swedish citizenship would be preventing him from traveling to the US.

I thought his visa issues had to do with being friends with that Warlord. I can't see why his Swedish citizenship would be preventing him from traveling to the US.

He never had Swedish Citizenship or Passport just a Russian Visa and AKA cohorts.

Russians athletes have found issues entering certain countries after Russian invaded Ukraine in February 2022, and many UFC fighters have been caught in that web. In Chimaev’s case, his close ties to Chechen warlord Ramzan Kadyrov only adds to the issue given the fact that Kadyrov was officially sanctioned by the U. S. Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control for “serious human rights abuses” in Russia. Kadyrov’s MMA entities, like Absolute Championship Akhmat and Akhmat MMA, were also sanctioned by the U.S. for providing the dictator “pride and significant profit,” OFAC announced.

Strickland. Let Izzy fight for the belt and fuck Cannonier. He laid the biggest egg ever when he fought izzy he needs to be by fighting down the rankings instead of getting a huge fight.
He had fought down the rankings from his title fight twice. He beat Strickland (who was #7 and became champ since), then Vettori last summer, dropping him from #3 to #5.

Funny how majority of people just want him to fight the most dubious opponent to get a title shot he can get.

Hopefully it's Jared. And I'm not so sure Khamzat will be able to just run over him...

From 3 months ago.

<Neil01>

Also

Thanks for the update!

Back