looking for a thread on the Jones cheap shot at the end

More sherdog hypocrisy, so pathetic

So Jones made a bitch move by hitting DC while the fight was still going on, yet you don't even mention DC throwing shots after the bell? Fucking lol

Only Jon Jones can hit a guy with a perfectly legal punch during the fight and people call it a dirty move, cheapshot, bitch move, etc etc

At least you can admit that it was a bitch move by Jones, that gives you one up on most Jones dickriders in this forum.

- Jones stops fighting.
- Because of this, DC thinks he missed the bell, stops fighting.
- Knowing fight is still on, Jones starts hitting DC. (fight stops)
- still thinking the fight was over before Jones threw his punch, DC thinks it was a cheap shot, retaliates.

Is this really so hard to understand?

Maybe, but where does the bell actually ringing fit into this? Also, Herb jumping in...

I honestly don't think it's that big a deal. But Jones was aware of the situation and acted accordingly. DC either was too out of it to know what was going on or didn't care and acted accordingly.

Jones' showboating before the bell rang probably deserves more disdain than his last punch which was perfectly legit, although distasteful. But then again, the ever constant "protect yourselves at all times" has clearly been a mantra by Refs...

I don't think jones pulled a trick. I think he knew there was 10 seconds left so he raised his arms in victory while dc clung to him. Instead of dc holding on until the end like jones thought he let go. Jones realized there was still time left so decided to throw some shots. Dc took it as a cheap shot and fired back but by that time the bell had gone off.

Stupid thread.

Was no after bell shot, closest was a DURING bell altercation between both of them.

moving on.

Jones is a master of doing stuff thats almost against the rules, or almost a bitch move...

Pretty despicable of Jones but of course no surprise he would do such a thing.

Cormier didn't knowingly punch Jones with the intent of cheapshotting him after the bell

So what were his intentions of throwing punches after the bell? Because I'm pretty sure that were his only possible intentions. lolz.

Objectively, neither did anything too out of line or crazy. Jones pulled a fakeout that seemed kind of malicious and classless, cormier fell for it.

Cormier didn't knowingly punch Jones with the intent of cheapshotting him after the bell.

We don't need hyperbole, people. If we're going to be moral police lets just call it what it is.

TS....this explains it best. There is a gif out there in one of the threads. I will search for it and post it for you. Just wait here and I'll be right back...

Not sure how a punch to the face during the round is a cheap shot?

Objectively, neither did anything too out of line or crazy. Jones pulled a fakeout that seemed kind of malicious and classless, cormier fell for it.

Cormier didn't knowingly punch Jones with the intent of cheapshotting him after the bell.

We don't need hyperbole, people. If we're going to be moral police lets just call it what it is.

Exactly. Let's call it what it is. Total destruction visited upon Daniel by Jon.

Exactly. Let's call it what it is. Total destruction visited upon Daniel by Jon.

lol total destruction.
Jon could have won a split decision and you guys would still label it as a brutal destruction. He was black GSP out there.

2 things..

1.) if you are really that sensitive that you found that malicious then Jones did warn you to expect violent and malicious things to happen.

2.) He schooled him, he's literally done nothing wrong, for you to pull the 'classless' card is, well, classless.. If fighter A whispers to fighter B 'hey I just heard the bell go' and fighter B stops fighting, hops over the cage and walks back to locker room resulting in a DQ, that's just fighter B being a fucking idiot

Jones threw the cheap shot after raising his arms in victory. He took advantage of Cormier, he didn't need to throw more shots. It was a bitch move and anyone who pulls that shit or stands up for it is a goof

Who's treating it like that? The only time you see people coming on and talking about DC's after the bell shots is when people say Jones made the cheap shot. How many threads have you seen saying DC made cheap shots or even talking about it in general? It only comes up in response to threads/remarks like this. It's only a big deal to Jones haters, as usual.

Why do we have to pretend he wasn't simply being mad as fuck and lost control?

I've seen tons of posters today talking about the "Cheap shots".
They're not a big deal to me, and I'm a jones hater.

You guys are obsessed with "haters". Let it go, damn

I don't think jones pulled a trick. I think he knew there was 10 seconds left so he raised his arms in victory while dc clung to him. Instead of dc holding on until the end like jones thought he let go. Jones realized there was still time left so decided to throw some shots. Dc took it as a cheap shot and fired back but by that time the bell had gone off.

RelievedOfficialCuttlefish.gif

This is how I saw it, DC probably thought Jones punches were after the bell. Jones believes DC's was a cheapshot as those were actually after the bell and thinks DC knew the fight was over so both believe they're in the right.

Anyone can go back to the Gus fight and see the situation play out when his opponent held until the bell. Jones lands a flying knee in the last ten seconds. Gus gets ahold of him in the clinch after, Jones puts his hands up, they stay like that until the fight ends.

Jones threw the cheap shot after raising his arms in victory. He took advantage of Cormier, he didn't need to throw more shots. It was a bitch move and anyone who pulls that shit or stands up for it is a goof

Aw diddums, did the big bad JJ take advantage of poor little Daniel is the nasty wasty mma fight? 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back