looking for a thread on the Jones cheap shot at the end

Hitting a ref is cheap.
dgRRTUc.gif

DC's face when he touches Herb always gets me.

Some people are arguing that Cormier didn't hear the bell, but i'm not entirely sure.

Personally, and I've said this on another thread, I think

-Cormier has his leg and saw Jones was already celebrating with his hands in the air.
-Instead of going for a cheap shot, or pushing harder for the takedown, he concedes defeat and lets go of Jones' leg in the last moments.
-After Cormier lets him go, Jones knows there's a second or two on the clock and goes for the sucker punch.
-Cormier, obviously pissed he took a swing at him when he was giving him freedom to celebrate, goes for a couple of shots of his own even though he hears the bell.

That's my take on it.

I think you're spot on. Cormier's actions, while technically illegal once the bell rang, were exactly what man should do.

DC was walking away from Jones. He let go of Jones and was walking away. Jones decides to hit him after he was walking around with his arms raised. Like I said, DC was walking away. Just more cheap BS by Jones. Never changes.

All pros that you want your kids looking up to always give the double crotch shot to their opponents. Everybody knows that.

Werdum pulls off troll level shit like that in fights all the time, yet never gets shat on for it. Why should Jones?

Jones is black*.

*runs away from thread.

The real reason is success, people hate that shit.

DC was walking away from Jones. He let go of Jones and was walking away. Jones decides to hit him after he was walking around with his arms raised. Like I said, DC was walking away. Just more cheap BS by Jones. Never changes.

All pros that you want your kids looking up to always give the double crotch shot to their opponents. Everybody knows that.

vCash: 500

what i learned last night was Herb "Iron chin" Dean was born

I guess I see it sorta like fake tapping to get an opponent to let up. It's just a classless move and not befiting of a sportsman, even a sportsman whose job it is to beat the shit out of someone. That said, I like that Jones seems to be embracing his role as a heel more. It's good for generating interest.

How the hell can you even try to compare it to fake tapping? You're embarrassing yourself now

I want to read comments about the Jones cheap shot at the end where he pretended like the bell rang

He "pretended like the bell rang"?

WTF? So Bones is now a cheap-shotter because he threw a punch which in your mind was after a "pretend bell"?

jones put his hands up in when cormier was in no position to hit him. when cormier moved to an actual attack position jones started fighting again.

its not complicated

It wasn't really classy from Jones....

But..

Gentlemen, we've been over the rules. Protect yourself at all times....

More sherdog hypocrisy, so pathetic

So Jones made a bitch move by hitting DC while the fight was still going on, yet you don't even mention DC throwing shots after the bell? Fucking lol

Only Jon Jones can hit a guy with a perfectly legal punch during the fight and people call it a dirty move, cheapshot, bitch move, etc etc

not a big JJ fan but i quote everything u said my friend

Objectively, neither did anything too out of line or crazy. Jones pulled a fakeout that seemed kind of malicious and classless, cormier fell for it.

Cormier didn't knowingly punch Jones with the intent of cheapshotting him after the bell.

We don't need hyperbole, people. If we're going to be moral police lets just call it what it is.

this

Some people are arguing that Cormier didn't hear the bell, but i'm not entirely sure.

Personally, and I've said this on another thread, I think

-Cormier has his leg and saw Jones was already celebrating with his hands in the air.
-Instead of going for a cheap shot, or pushing harder for the takedown, he concedes defeat and lets go of Jones' leg in the last moments.
-After Cormier lets him go, Jones knows there's a second or two on the clock and goes for the sucker punch.
-Cormier, obviously pissed he took a swing at him when he was giving him freedom to celebrate, goes for a couple of shots of his own even though he hears the bell.

That's my take on it.

glad i read the complete thread, or i would have posted this same explanation. jones decides to celebrate early, cuz he's a badass like that, and cormier knowing he's lost, and that he's not going to win in the 5 seconds left, says fuck it, and stops fighting too, then jones tries to sucker punch him. i thought it was a dick move, especially since cormier had basically conceded/submitted. not too much different than punching a dude AFTER he's tapped.

Objectively, neither did anything too out of line or crazy. Jones pulled a fakeout that seemed kind of malicious and classless, cormier fell for it.

Cormier didn't knowingly punch Jones with the intent of cheapshotting him after the bell.

We don't need hyperbole, people. If we're going to be moral police lets just call it what it is.

dont you come in here with the truth and logic and shit,thats a bannable offense ! :eek:

lmao cheap shot? What will the haters think up next?

As rustling as it is, Jones didn't break any rules, whereas Cormier did and nearly KO'd Herb Dean with his illegal strikes olol

I don't think jones pulled a trick. I think he knew there was 10 seconds left so he raised his arms in victory while dc clung to him. Instead of dc holding on until the end like jones thought he let go. Jones realized there was still time left so decided to throw some shots. Dc took it as a cheap shot and fired back but by that time the bell had gone off.

This is what actually happened.

Most Sherdoggers are too dumb and angry and self righteous too see it this way though.

Back