looking for a thread on the Jones cheap shot at the end

Objectively, neither did anything too out of line or crazy. Jones pulled a fakeout that seemed kind of malicious and classless, cormier fell for it.

Cormier didn't knowingly punch Jones with the intent of cheapshotting him after the bell.

We don't need hyperbole, people. If we're going to be moral police lets just call it what it is.

Correct, he still couldn't land on Bones after the bell in round 5. What Cormier did, according to you not too out of line, was tag Herb Dean after the end of the fight!

It was DC's best offense in the fight. Ah the wondrous stench of uber butthurt!:icon_chee

People who are saying that Jones is classless for punching Cormier after he let go (and apparently submitted) isn't that the same thing as going for more ounches after you knocked your opponent out?

aysyrl.gif

I think Jones put up his hands assuming that DC would just hold on until the bell rang. DC, for whatever reason, must have thought it was over, and Jones, being the dude who takes advantage of everything he possibly can, went for a punch or two with DC quickly realizing that Jones was just being a butthead and throwing a few back lol

Somehow it's DC's fault

Jones fans are all telling us that his true troll colors are coming out and he's really a super noscoping maxium rustle villain, yet he's not capable of doing anything classless or scummy. Or something like that.
Inb4 Cormier sucks and is immature

Even the long time members can't hide the butthurt, Jones put his hands up while DC was holding him, DC is the one who stood up acting like the fight was over and got punched for it.

In your opinion the right thing for Jones to do there was to back off and wait for the bell? Its a fight...

Jones landing punches during an MMA fight are cheap shots now.

you mean the DC cheap shot after the bell? Ah ok gotcha!

For all the people defending Jones, cheap =/= illegal. Was Jones shot on Cormier illegal? No, it was before the bell. Was it a cheap bitch ass move? Most definitely.

For all the people defending Jones, cheap =/= illegal. Was Jones shot on Cormier illegal? No, it was before the bell. Was it a cheap bitch ass move? Most definitely.

So how would you classify the punches after the bell?

actually there haven't been many threads about it.

For some strange reason the haters have been pretty quiet. Probably just enjoying their crow and nursing their wounds out of public but good for you for representing.

Jones cheap shot? The cheap shot I saw was thrown by Cormier after the bell and landed on the ref. Jones didn't throw a cheap shot, that's probably why there are no threads.
This. TS is a moron

Justified retaliation to a bitch move. Not according to rules of MMA, but according to the rules of being a man.

Exactly.
'
It's just like when Mayweather knocked out Ortiz. It was legal, but a bitch move.

Big John put it best in the jones/Belfort fight: "You wanted to play the game!"

Jones can't complain about the late shot b/c he handed what could be perceived as a shady punch. Cormier was retaliating...

Cormier can't complain b/c he fell for a troll move by jones and didn't protect himself until the bell rang.

I don't have a problem with what happened with either fighter. Really don't see it as a big deal.

This is nothing even close to Daley. That was 10 seconds after the bell and Kos had let his guard down and was sucker punched...

Jones cheap shot? The cheap shot I saw was thrown by Cormier after the bell and landed on the ref. Jones didn't throw a cheap shot, that's probably why there are no threads.

That fact that you guys cant tell it was a cheap shot is just sad. If Dana didnt agree that Jones pulled a hoe move, then DC would be cut right now right?

I mean if he really hit the ref and landed after the bell he would be packing his bags so gtfo out with that BS. We all know Jones deserved to get slapped up for that hoe move. (and he did)

Just imagine if it were the other way round.

This is how it would be spun around here:

Cormier puts his hands up (because he's celebrating this momentous achievement)
He's so much better than Bones at wrestling that he can stand there with his arms raised and still stuff TDS. He then continues fighting by landing a nice (legal) left.

The horn sounds.

Bones shows just how classless he is by doing a 'Paul Daley' and punching Cormier in the face after the bell. To make it even worse he punches Herb too. Fortunately Bones is so pillow-fisted he can't even hurt the ref. Bones should be banned for this.

That fact that you guys cant tell it was a cheap shot is just sad. If Dana didnt agree that Jones pulled a hoe move, then DC would be cut right now right?

I mean if he really hit the ref and landed after the bell he would be packing his bags so gtfo out with that BS. We all know Jones deserved to get slapped up for that hoe move. (and he did)

This is so stupid.

How could Jones possibly know when he raised his arms in victory that DC would seperate and leave himself wide open? It's impossible. He was not trying to trick DC.

He most likely assumed that DC was so gassed that he would just keep holding on for 3 more seconds but when DC seperated Jones just reacted instinctually and took a shot. Then DC reacted instinctually and shot back.

Jones haters are literally inventing reasons to hate him now.

Exactly.
'
It's just like when Mayweather knocked out Ortiz. It was legal, but a bitch move.

That's funny, because I would have called Mayweather knocking out Ortiz a justified and legal reaction to an illegal bitch move.

This was a nonevent in my books. Jones was celebrating early, and when DC stopped fighting he took the opportunity to hit him. DC fired back, just as Herb stepped in to stop the fight.

jones needs to be humbled. i'm not sure there is anyone at lhw that could do it.

I have a growing affection for jones vs werdum.

Back